Storm v Penrith game thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm:
Looks to be a copy and paste job from last nights team but that's how it's been named on the NRL site. Would be very surprised if that's how they run out though.

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Beau Champion
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Maurice Blair
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Adam Blair
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange: 14. Robbie Rochow 15. Atelea Vea 16. Adam Woolnough 17. Jaiman Lowe
StormSergeant
Squall
Squall

I'd suspect that Widdop and Duffie would walk straight back into the team, but I suppose that we could also give some players who have a little niggling injury and rest so maybe it might be best if we keep the same team for this weeks game. I would like to see Rochow get more game time this week, Woolnough lacked a bit of punch last night. Maybe even bring back Troy Thompson.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

duffman, gareth and sika all due back rd23 according to the daily telegraph facebook
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i dont think bellamy really cares about naming the side tuesday, especially when they played monday night. i would be very surprised if champion and rochow are playing, surely some of the other guys would come back fit - sika, widdop and duffie
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:duffman, gareth and sika all due back rd23 according to the daily telegraph facebook
its not like the DT would jump to conclusions because they weren't named today
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Duff and Widdop, if only suffering from a flu, will most likely play this week.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah would expect Duffie or Widdop or even both to play. Would love Manu to play as he adds good attack out on the edges but he has trouble with his legs so we should be careful on him. Waqa had a bad game on MNF but I wouldn't mind him getting any game to up his confidence again!
Daveyy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

it says on the storm website that duff, gaz, sika and rory dont have the flu but have injuries... i think beau champion is not such a good player and he is leaving next year so maybe give someone else a run like niko, chisolm or what happened to quinny???? it is not such a hard game so i think it is good to rest players who have niggling injuries
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just noticed on the team list at NRL.com

Our latest centurian - BRYAN NORRIE :swav:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger will be playing his second 50th game in five days. Last night he played his 50th NRL game and on Saturday he will play his 50th game for the Storm.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Saturday he will play his 50th game for the Storm
Which makes him an L of a player :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Leading into the Eels game they reported Widdop to have a elbow injury?? I think the others had flu??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

whos dick does niko have to suck to get a run!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mahe Fonua looks impressive too. He's got a very GI-esqe fend. Pretty hard to get a spot ahead of Blair and Neilson though if Widdop plays. If not I reckon either one deserves a chance ahead of Champion.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote:Mahe Fonua looks impressive too. He's got a very GI-esqe fend. Pretty hard to get a spot ahead of Blair and Neilson though if Widdop plays. If not I reckon either one deserves a chance ahead of Champion.
Big fan of the kid but he's had a couple of lapses.Monday think he lead the count on errors ? If these were defensive errors it would dissuade Craig from selecting him ? Otherwise Big Solid unit.