The Official Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Yep so its sih-sah. Even saying Seesah is close enough. So long as it has a "Lisa" sound.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bula, as President and Life Member of SWAS I would like to offer you the role of the Minister for Cultural Affairs. Do you accept?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Be an honour mate

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've noticed that he's made the big league team of the week the past 3 weeks running, clearly it's not just members of this forum who've noticed him. He has to play tomorrow!

Side note, the Sisa Waqa appreciation society really should have it's own logo don't you think?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wont be long before the signs at the grounds pop up.

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION OFFICIALLY OPEN!

post them here, we will decide as a society which is most fitting to represent us and the great man
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I've noticed that he's made the big league team of the week the past 3 weeks running, clearly it's not just members of this forum who've noticed him. He has to play tomorrow!

Side note, the Sisa Waqa appreciation society really should have it's own logo don't you think?

we are the ones getting everyone talking about him, media will react to the fans. plus can u imagine his confidence if he knows of this cult following
staticash
Squall
Squall

He deserves it Waqa has been a great addition to the team i can't wait to see him get a 100m try he is fast and will also give me reason to throw the chair and scream at the tv.
S.W.A.S
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

My only concern with the name SWAS is that it makes me think of swastika. SWAT Team would be a better name but that would mean coming up with something for the T - can't have Sisa Waqa Appreciation Team Team. That would be like someone saying "ATM machine". It needs to be SWAT Team instead of just SWAT - it sounds better.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Forgive me for butting in but SWAS is (in my humble opinion) the better name for your group.
My reasoning is this:
SWAT already stands for something already known universally as Special Weapons And Tactics and is immediately associated with that meaning. It's not new, original or frankly anything to do with RL.

SWAS is new and not a known acronym - therefore people will ask, making it easier to let them know all about Sisa Waqa.

Anyway, if you're really bothered by a link (however thin) with a swastika, you could always make it SWAQ - having Sisa's first initial & the first three letters from his surname standing for Sisa Waqa Appreciation ....... Quotient/Quota/Quorum or similar if you're that scared about being mistaken for swastika (which I must say NEVER occurred to me)

But I still like SWAS for your group! ;D
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Where'd swastika come from? Before reading that id have never ever thought of that, and I doubt whether many people would.
He was formally in the Fijian SWAT but I doubt many would make the link. I agree with the above post in relation to this.
SWAS is good I reckon and easy to say, making it catchy. Roll with it. Lets turn this man into a living legend. The Roosters will be spewing they let him go, but they'd have never developed him as we have anyway.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My 2c: I too am reminded of swastika when I see/say 'SWAS', and thought SWAT was the obvious choice for this group name. I don't see the problem with 'T' representing 'team', with there being no need to say anything further on the end of it, like 'SWAT Team' - it would simply be SWAT, as in "we are members of SWAT".

There are hundreds of ready-made t-shirts and other apparel available for purchase with SWAT already on them, and I'm sure that if there were a group of Storm supporters all wearing SWAT shirts/jumpers/jackets/etc. they'd be asked, "What's with the SWAT gear?"

In saying all of that, SWAS, SWAT, SWAG (group)... they're all good - maybe someone should just start a poll? :wink:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac, i am liking the "Team" for the T , i couldnt think of anything untill now haha the closest i got was "tribe".

all those against renaming SWAS to Sisa Waqa Appreciation Team (SWAT) please make yourselfs heard now. cut off for name change will be midday tomorrow.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Don't do it!! It's too bloody american - that's why you can get so much crappy gear :(

Did you guys do a Michael Bay and listen to Spielberg???

SWAS has it's own unique meaning & I think Sisa would be happier with his own acronym! :P

There's my extra two-bobs worth :lol:
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

For mine, I prefer the SWAS to be honest. Tigger`s right , SWAT sounds too American ( not that there`s anything wrong with that) whereas SWAS is all ours :-D
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Waqaholics?