Jaiman lowe

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This guy is becoming a real liability,whether intentional or not,apart from the fact that he is ill disciplined at times,he is a marked man with the refs.I have noticed it in a few of our previous games,but more so last night,he made a few mistakes and was taken off when he suffered a head clash,but later,on his return to the field both referees commented to each other that he was back on.Seems to me he is guilty before he does anything.Now that may or may not be his fault,but it is not good for Melbourne when this guy just being on the field is a penalty waiting to happen!!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Disagree 100%. He was great last night and is becoming a solid, Bellamy-esque toilet.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Err...toiler. Damn auto correct.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure the situation is quite as dramatic as you might think. Rose.

On the replay, I saw Jaiman land a fairly heavy highish tackle in the 2nd half and thought...OH no...here comes a penalty for high contact.

The ref (can't remember which one) just waved play on and indicated that it was shoulder first and it slipped up a bit higher.

If there was EVER a chance for the refs to just have a cheap shot at Lowe...that would have been it.

However....common sense prevailed !

So...I am sure he wasn't our best...but I didn't see him as a liability either.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah I was fairly happy with Jamian Lowe last night. He seems to be getting better, still makes stupid mistakes but it will take time!
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He's not the answer.

I was a big fan of his signing, especially after his great performance against the Storm last year. However, he has failed to deliver for us. He looks too slow, lacks serious power to bend the line back. They just chop him down quite easily. Sika Manu drives through tackles much more effectively. We are lucky to have him.

Hopefully Lowe can get keep at it and produce a bit of spark.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i liked his signing, but he disappointed me at the start of the year! but he is obviously working hard at his game and slowly getting better! next year he will be more reliable i think, also after the little push n shove he started bending the line, we just need him to fire up when he goes out there to see his best
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He is slower than a dead whale that is all. I have followed his career from day 1 and I have seen him play 5 good games in 50 years...sorry guys can't get on the lowe train he is awful. I feel the same about Lowrie but he played well last night
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sidesteps like a pregnant whale attempting a three point turn
all the speed of a narcaleptic snail
and the attacking prowess of a feather duster thrown in a vacuum

hurry up and get thompson back!!
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

:lol: VERY FUNNY - BUT I THINK AS OTHERS HAVE SAID HE IS IMPROVING
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didnt think he was too bad.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

ive got him as 117m of 13 hit ups and 16 tackles in 32 mins, i dont mind them really. there was a lot worse stats than his!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he is doing his job, turning up to play.

It takes a while to take a real shine to some players - until they seem like 'real' storm players.
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

I think he is just what we need,someone with a touch of agro about him. Adam Blair sure as hell has lost his.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

scriptyx wrote:He is slower than a dead whale that is all. I have followed his career from day 1 and I have seen him play 5 good games in 50 years...sorry guys can't get on the lowe train he is awful. I feel the same about Lowrie but he played well last night
beached as...but improving. Bellamy won't play him if he thinks he's a total dead loss with no improvement in him