LOOK WHO IS COMING HOME----HOFFY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dont think back-row is our problem. We do need an established centre imo. Even Neilsen is a makeshift and although very good defensively, lacks firepower that Stanley would've given us.
Naiqama would be decent but that would mean two defensive centres although Wes does play all over the place.
I really didnt rate Hoffy as a player towards the latter end of his time here but he'll bring a little more to the table in terms of experience and with Blair leaving he'll be guy tutoring the younger guys. I dont see Sika as much of a talker (I have no idea)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika should be playing prop.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wouldn't mind getting Hoffman back, it was a sad day when he left the club but to be honest. His running off Cronk has been missed so far this year. Proctor is doing a good job running off Cronk but hes not up to Hoffman's high standards just yet (;
runbillyrun
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Re: Hoffman. No.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Was Lima on a one or three year deal with Wigan? He'd be a better one to look at I reckon

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

I agree bring lima back!......as for hoffy he just isn't storm material anymore imo.
S.W.A.S
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have so many backrowers already. Some props would be nice.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote:Was Lima on a one or three year deal with Wigan? He'd be a better one to look at I reckon
I agree bring lima back!......as for hoffy he just isn't storm material anymore imo.
Jeff signed a 3 year contract with Wigan.
Since I follow Wigan's progress fairly closely I find it comical that a LOT of people on here bag Hoffy & would rather have Jeff Lima back.Yet the bulk of Wigan fans find Hoffy a valuable & dependable player,whilst Jeff looked like he was developing his own
"Get Shut of Lima" club amongst the fans & is only just starting to make ground in the side.
Unfortunately he is still prone to brain explosions ::)
In the Wigan v Hull KR match,(Monday) Jeff was warming a bench spot
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
harpwen
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Troubles reading 1999 - all players bar 2 signed for 2012 - that means Woolnough and Blair not signed.
For your records 18 players signed for 2012 are:
Cooper Cronk, Matt Duffie, Anthony Quinn, Billy Slater, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill, Jesse Bromwich, Rory Kostjasyn, Luke Kelly, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Cameron Smith, Dane Nielsen, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Maurice Blair.
Monsoon
Monsoon

harpwen wrote:Troubles reading 1999 - all players bar 2 signed for 2012 - that means Woolnough and Blair not signed.
For your records 18 players signed for 2012 are:
Cooper Cronk, Matt Duffie, Anthony Quinn, Billy Slater, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill, Jesse Bromwich, Rory Kostjasyn, Luke Kelly, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Cameron Smith, Dane Nielsen, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Maurice Blair.

Some people still believe anything the media tells them. I promise you buddy from the squad named last weekend Quinn, Waqa, Manu, Blair, Lowrie and Woolnough are NOT SIGNED for 2012. Gotta earn your stripes here rookie, i don't appreciate the sarcastic shot especially not from a first poster, ask the question no problem, but don't be a smartass mate. Other then that welcome to The Bai Stand.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Hi guys and girls :-D my first time using this forum - WOULD LOVE TO SEE WOOLNOUGH RESIGN -Thought he has been the best prop for us over last couple of games-
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hi Storm Man, Ill welcome you before 99 does (he probably needs to brush up a bit on his greeting technique ;D ). Your right, Woolnugh has been the prop with the most impact.

Hes nice and beefy too.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think we should let quinny go....he seems to be getting injured alot and if it keeps happening he wont be able to live his life properly and look after his future child
Sign sisa long term

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

sisa looks the goods - i think Quinn never really got over that huge head knock which did his neck -
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper Cronk, Matt Duffie, Anthony Quinn, Billy Slater, Gareth Widdop, Justin O'Neill, Jesse Bromwich, Rory Kostjasyn, Luke Kelly, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Todd Lowrie, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Cameron Smith, Dane Nielsen, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Maurice Blair.[/quote]

not a fan of those 2 ^^ they must have a deep throat cause bellyache loves them