LOOK WHO IS COMING HOME----HOFFY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Poor ole Todd's certainly not a Bai Stand favorite. Personally I think he's doing a great job. He's no Dallas, but then there is only one DJ.

I've been far from impressed with Lowe. He's a big unit who should be hitting a lot harder, and poor ball control when he does.

And I'm not impressed with M.Blair either.

Woolly, Thommo and Vea have been outstanding IMO. Sisa looks like a future star too. He'll be very hard to handle once he gets a few games under his belt. He's a monster. When he hits you stay hit.

Quinney's days are numbered it's sad to say. He's very good on his day, but due to injury I don't think he'll have many

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we expect better things from lowrie, ive seen him at his other clubs do some great things and he isnt living up to expectations i guess. we just need him to find his heart and balls again. RUN HARD TODD
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we need our forawards to run hard! TLL in origin is how i like to see the forwards run, he gets a good run up and is flying before he even gets the ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNgx_GVS ... AF434CBCF2
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Go Storm wrote:Poor ole Todd's certainly not a Bai Stand favorite. Personally I think he's doing a great job. He's no Dallas, but then there is only one DJ.

I've been far from impressed with Lowe. He's a big unit who should be hitting a lot harder, and poor ball control when he does.

And I'm not impressed with M.Blair either.

Woolly, Thommo and Vea have been outstanding IMO. Sisa looks like a future star too. He'll be very hard to handle once he gets a few games under his belt. He's a monster. When he hits you stay hit.

Quinney's days are numbered it's sad to say. He's very good on his day, but due to injury I don't think he'll have many

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Not a huge fan of Tod`s to be honest. He sort of reminds me of Glen Turner. He is good defensively and you can see he is trying 100% but he just doesn`t seem to have the impact when he hits the line to bend them backwards.
As for Jaiman Lowe he has surprised me a couple of times with good games but overall I`m hoping we can send him back to reserves soon. He doesn`t look fit and barely seems to have any impact. The sooner we can get Thommo and Vea back into the team the better
Crooner
Squall
Squall

I thought Loosing Hoffy was no big loss, I thought he was an awsome runner of the football and found a whole in the defence alot, but the last two seasons he struggled in that regard.
Having said that get rid of Lowrie and put Hoffy at Lock....That would be good.
He have the ball skills to play as another ball player...and at least hit the ball up
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Crooner wrote:I thought Loosing Hoffy was no big loss, I thought he was an awsome runner of the football and found a whole in the defence alot, but the last two seasons he struggled in that regard.
Having said that get rid of Lowrie and put Hoffy at Lock....That would be good.
He have the ball skills to play as another ball player...and at least hit the ball up
i thought it was a gain! so did other clubs supporters.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy was fine imo....just needed to tigheten up his ball carrying.

Seemed to lose the handle on ball quite often but when he got it right he was damaging.

He brings an intanigible to the team that can't be measured...STORM SPIRIT.

Mnay of the players would walk a foot taller with Hoffy on the field...I reckon he is a bit of heart and soul.

Those type of guys are worth a lot to any team.

I reckon he will be a great addition back to the team.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

^^ what (s)he says ^^ ;D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have no problem with Hoffy.
I think a lot of NRL teams had sussed out the moves we made involving him.
His defense was still tight & with a season under his belt at Wigan he's a better player.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news about Hoffy....looking forward to his searching angular runs and tight defence.

Hopefully the dastardly English conditions have helped him re-find the handle on the footy.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:Hi Storm Man, Ill welcome you before 99 does (he probably needs to brush up a bit on his greeting technique ;D ). Your right, Woolnugh has been the prop with the most impact.

Hes nice and beefy too.
Classic
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

:-D :-D :-D
Monsoon
Monsoon

Please god!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY????? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!
montiverdi
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Staggered at some of the comments on here about Hoffman. As a Wigan fan, I'm devastated, but not surprised he has returned to the Storm. The man is an absolute machine. He's played as a workhorse in the Wigan side, regularly playing 80 minutes, wracking up 30+ tackles in the game and taking the ball up consistently throughout each match. The partnership between him and Finch has proved to be a formidable attacking threat outwide. We've had great success with those two players.

Hoffman is an awesome signing for you. A model professional, unquestionable attitude and work ethic and over 150+ first grade NRL appearances. He speaks so passionately about the Melbourne Storm and the setup you have over here.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/statistics ... eason=2011

His statistics this year so far. He hasn't missed a game (we've rested him this week) and I can't recall any match where he hasnt played the full 80 minutes.

As a big Storm fan - I wish him all the best back at Melbourne.
As a Wigan fan - I'm very sad to see him go.