Storm also stripped of 2010 World Club Challenge title

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

I am so over all this rubbish, all but to say if it is a NSW TEAM????????????
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:I thought it had been stripped already. :?

Fact is I don't really much care.
Yes, the club was naughty and has (deservingly) been stripped of the titles etc. But the reality is that I cheered my way through those four years watching my team play some great and dominant football, and that was one of the most enjoyable periods of my footballing life as player or fan.
April 2010 was gut wrenching, but honestly it doesn't detract from the memories of 2007 and 2009; just as it doesn't heal the hurt of getting done by the Broncos in 2006. (Sorry, but the 40 - nil in 2008 wasn't a major issue for me- we were screwed from the time the Warriors beat us, and it was only that Cronulla were dreadful that gave anyone any hope. I never expected to beat Manly and, while embarrassed, was not surprised)

We didn't know Waldron was cheating, and for a lot of us that doesn't make it any less real.
I'm sure this makes me a dreadful person and a cheating scumbag etc. but so be it. :lol:

Bravo TC....well said.

All of those games...all of those wins...the Premierships....witnessing the dominance....will always be our memories and no one can ever take them away.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Brian
Squall
Squall

Now i hope they make a mini series with the focus on the people being blamed and then uncovering the massive cover up that has happened.Waldron was not that smart he was lining his own pockets sure; but why the big hush hush now?

my 2 bobs worth