Storm vs Raiders Thread (May contain SPOILERS)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

disgraceful performance.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harsh but true.

We cant afford to drop any winnable games pre-origin
runbillyrun
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

runbillyrun wrote:I'm a bit worried about this game. I know the Raiders are hopeless but they shouldn't be totally underestimated
i told you dickheads that we would underestimate them!!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Every now and again you hit a home run GTS.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Referreeing was little short of outright cheating. I have never been so livid in my life. How can you not call for the vid ref when a 'try' is 20cm short of the try line? How can a kick chaser get manhandled and then let play continue? Outright cheating.
brewer
Squall
Squall

i told a mate at work to have 50 on the raiders this week, he laughed at me. the nrl wanted the raiders to win tonight.

ferguson stepping out, speed of the play the ball... etc etc
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Absolute shit!!!

What happened in aisle 37? Big coppers prescence. Bai stand were a bit slack with drum and cowbell tonight. I had to kicksart you guys a few times with whistling from aisle 33

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

My father in law (raiders supporter) came with me tonight. Last time he came was Daley's last game, they beat us then too. Last time I bring him to a game. :-(

And I had to shout him. No wonder, he'd given all his money to the bloody ref

tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:Absolute shit!!!

What happened in aisle 37? Big coppers prescence. Bai stand were a bit slack with drum and cowbell tonight. I had to kicksart you guys a few times with whistling from aisle 33

Was strange. Saw the cops sprinting up and then nothing happened. Not that I could see anyway. They came back down empty handed. I was in aisle 35.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Mate, The Bai Standers have NEVER had a cowbell or drum :?
Our trusty Kazoos do us just fine for our try dance ;)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Soz tigger. You're close though eh. JT Storm or whatever is amongst that crowd I think??

Refs killed us. Forgot to record it. Have to wait till Mondays replay

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

brewer wrote:i told a mate at work to have 50 on the raiders this week, he laughed at me. the nrl wanted the raiders to win tonight.

ferguson stepping out, speed of the play the ball... etc etc
Call it female intuition, but one of my friend's partner laid $100 on the Raiders on my insistence. I just knew we would lose tonight.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

It was in 34 up behind up. Handbags at 10 paces between a freaky looking woman & this bloke. The cops just want to get out of there to be honest;. I wanted them AWAY from our group, as I don't want the reputation we were involved in any trouble at all.

Yeah, we were flat tonight. The team was awfully flat. Billy looked to be running at half pace tonight. So did Cam. Maybe the hard weekend they had last weekend had more a long time effect on the rep players than we think. We BADLY lack any real spark in attack & I think they all reckoned it would all happen by itself.

In hindsight we probably should have taken the 2 at 12-all. We thought we were good enough to go over & weren't. (And yes, the refereeing was atrocious. A try where he didn't get the ball over the line then the one when his foot edged the line but was called a fair try. Utter bullshit!

Congrats Raiders.No point being a sore loser :-(

JF
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

tugga wrote:Referreeing was little short of outright cheating. I have never been so livid in my life. How can you not call for the vid ref when a 'try' is 20cm short of the try line? How can a kick chaser get manhandled and then let play continue? Outright cheating.
Refereeing was dreadful, but so was Storm's performance.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
tugga wrote:Referreeing was little short of outright cheating. I have never been so livid in my life. How can you not call for the vid ref when a 'try' is 20cm short of the try line? How can a kick chaser get manhandled and then let play continue? Outright cheating.
Refereeing was dreadful, but so was Storm's performance.
Won't argue with that. We were terrible.