Storm vs Raiders Thread (May contain SPOILERS)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Would like to see these teams named this weekend:

NRL

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Blair
4. Nielsen
5. Niko
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. Bromwich
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Manu
16. Woolnough
17. Lowe

Toyota Cup

1. Loxley
2. Pooley
3. Fonua
4. Williame
5. Solamona
6. McGahn
7. Hampton
8. Davies
9. Griffen
10. Wilson
11. Leaitua
12. A'avua
13. Bromwich (c)

14. Smith
15. Freeman
16. Constantinou
17. Moi Moi

Both are danger games i believe, coming into the bye the NRL boys will be confident but against a desperate raiders outfit we should be careful, they have the strike weapons to give us a scare. I wish they did'nt get embarrassed 20-0 tonight, i expect a tough game, it will be closer than many will think. Our 20's are flying but the raiders are going ok too and are more than capable of rolling us, i expect a tough and close encounter like the NRL game, Storm 1-12 both grades. Hoping Niko gets a chance, Quinn to make room.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater
Duffie
Nielsen
M.Blair
Quinn
Widdop
Cronk
Bromwich
Smith (c)
Norrie
Manu
Proctor
A.Blair
Hinchcliffe
Vea
Woolnough
Lowe
Monsoon
Monsoon

OFFICIAL LINE-UP

1. Slater
2. Quinn
3. Nielsen
4. M.Blair
5. Duffie
6. Widdop
7. Cronk
8. Norrie
9. Smith (c)
10. Bromwich
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Vea
16. Woolnough
17. Lowe
18. Kostjasyn
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if we play like we know we can then im predicting a cricket score
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

ive been saying it all year and will continue to say it, hinchy is a 80 minute player, he proved that in city/country and should be a 80 minute lock! im confused on how lowrie gets his starting spot
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The game against the Raiders will allow Kids under 15 free (or if your height is shorter than 4 feet tall, you will get in free - so Matt Orford doesn't have to pay this week!)
runbillyrun
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm a bit worried about this game. I know the Raiders are hopeless but they shouldn't be totally underestimated
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

runbillyrun wrote:I'm a bit worried about this game. I know the Raiders are hopeless but they shouldn't be totally underestimated

You are absolutely correct...they shouldn't be under estimated.

No NRL team should be under estimated.

Any team is capable of winning on any given day if their opposition doesn't "turn up" mentally.

However if Melbourne Storm "turn up" mentally and play to the best of their ability...then they should account for the Raiders easily...even if the Raiders also "turn up" and play to the best of their ability.

I know that this sounds like a Dororthy Dixer...but all things being equal...Storm should win if they are serious about winning a Premiership in 2011.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The game against the Raiders will allow Kids under 15 free (or if your height is shorter than 4 feet tall, you will get in free - so Matt Orford doesn't have to pay this week!)
Awful Orford should always be made to pay!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Green Machine will be suffering from some serious Storm damage after this weekend

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

runbillyrun wrote:I'm a bit worried about this game. I know the Raiders are hopeless but they shouldn't be totally underestimated
My sentiments exactly,the reason being,The Raiders have have been in the press in the last couple of days,re their angry fans wanting Furners head on a plate,the players and club are standing by him,so expect some effort from them this week,they are "Doing it for Dave"!!!!!
I personally don't think they can beat us BUT if Melbourne expect a walk in the park and don't turn up to play..they just may get a shock!!!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:
My sentiments exactly,the reason being,The Raiders have have been in the press in the last couple of days,re their angry fans wanting Furners head on a plate,the players and club are standing by him,so expect some effort from them this week,they are "Doing it for Dave"!!!!!
I personally don't think they can beat us BUT if Melbourne expect a walk in the park and don't turn up to play..they just may get a shock!!!

I would think Storm are too proffesional to let their guard down and treat it like game won before K.O
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Probably wet and cold so I'm guessing Storm 28 Raiders 8. They have no right to win this. Best attacking team up against worst defensive team. Dugan still might not play because of a boil under his arm lol
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

but he is here...he tweeted saying he was at the crown plaza ordering room service
Seemed a little late to be up though at midnight

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
chrismeister
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This is probably going to be our last chance to give it to Matt Orford so let's make it count.

On another note it will be good to see Brett White back down here but weird seeing him play against us

[ Post made via iPad ] Image