Broncos thread & Line-up (May include Spoilers)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I seem to remember someone saying a while back that Waqa was pronounced "wun-ga" or something. Is that right? Or, is "wacka" acceptable? I don't want to get into the habit of pronouncing his name wrong.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah you're right, they were pronouncing one of the Waqa's a while back as Wunga. Maybe Bula can clarify, from memory he's related in some way.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i watched waqa warm up and he didnt drop a high ball, i was interested in how he would go with pressure on him, and he got it perfectly in the game above his head! it was impressive. now to teach duffie how to take a strong overhead mark like this and its try time!

i thought i had cursed the team by watching them, i turned up half way through the 20s and broncos come back at them, same in 1st. geez it was a good feeling walking down caxton wearing purple after the game!
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:I seem to remember someone saying a while back that Waqa was pronounced "wun-ga" or something. Is that right? Or, is "wacka" acceptable? I don't want to get into the habit of pronouncing his name wrong.
I was scared it was pronounced "Wan-ka", which is somewhat problematic. I'm assuming he is of Fijian background. If so they have a silent 'n' in their spelling, ie Na(n)di.

Please tell me it is "Wah-cah" . :? :oops:

JF
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
absentee wrote:I seem to remember someone saying a while back that Waqa was pronounced "wun-ga" or something. Is that right? Or, is "wacka" acceptable? I don't want to get into the habit of pronouncing his name wrong.
I was scared it was pronounced "Wan-ka", which is somewhat problematic. I'm assuming he is of Fijian background. If so they have a silent 'n' in their spelling, ie Na(n)di.

Please tell me it is "Wah-cah" . :? :oops:

JF
I`m pretty sure that I can remember Bula saying that too. I cant find the thread but I think it was pronounced "wun-ga" as absentee suggested.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

could the Minister for Communications please record that correct pronunciation for Sisa Waqa's name will be the topic of discussion at the next fan club meeting.

p.s - we need a minister of communications
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:could the Minister for Communications please record that correct pronunciation for Sisa Waqa's name will be the topic of discussion at the next fan club meeting.

:wave:

ooh ooh pick me pick me :lol:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:
nacho wrote:could the Minister for Communications please record that correct pronunciation for Sisa Waqa's name will be the topic of discussion at the next fan club meeting.

:wave:

ooh ooh pick me pick me :lol:

Dear Mr President (Nacho)...

As Vice President for WRA (Waqa Related Affairs) on the Bai Stand, I would like to 2nd Woody's personal nomination to become Minister for Waqa Related Communications (WRC).

I trust that the "I's" have it.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sweet!!

Then , if successful, as newly appointed Minister for Waqa Related Communications (WRC) I would firstly like to thank Storm Spirit for his kind support and say that I humbly accept this position . I look forward to ensuring that all Waqa Related Communications are kept clear and concise ( and hopefully spelt correctly !! :-D :-D )
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If this helps at all:
I took my waqa (Fijian word for boat- pronounced wanga)
Source: A Waqa named Saqa :coolrasta:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:Sweet!!

Then , if successful, as newly appointed Minister for Waqa Related Communications (WRC) I would firstly like to thank Storm Spirit for his kind support and say that I humbly accept this position . I look forward to ensuring that all Waqa Related Communications are kept clear and concise ( and hopefully spelt correctly !! :-D :-D )

LOL.....

Now we have a Prez, a V.P and a Communications Minister....let's hope to god that Sisa gets a decent crack at playing 1st grade.

If not....we'll need to apply some subtle media pressure to make sure that he does.

GOOOOO STORM

GOOOOOOO SISA
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
runbillyrun
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can I be the best boy? (oops forgot this is not a film set!!)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Woody wrote:Sweet!!

LOL.....

Now we have a Prez, a V.P and a Communications Minister....let's hope to god that Sisa gets a decent crack at playing 1st grade.

If not....we'll need to apply some subtle media pressure to make sure that he does.

GOOOOO STORM

GOOOOOOO SISA
Hey V.P. as WRC do you think we should be looking at appointing a Media Adviser looking toward that possibility or is that starting to sound like the State gov already? :-D