Broncos thread & Line-up (May include Spoilers)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:WWWAAAAQQQQQAAAAA!!!!
And a try.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Real proud of the boys effort tonight with our 5 rep players backing up and 2 new boys in. Got out to decent leads twice only for them to come back and again only for us to keep finding and grind out the win. I thought our forwards were great tonight with Blair and Waqa having promising enough starts. I'm sure all we'll hear in the coming days about how great the ponies were with who they had out and don't get me wrong, they were very very good but i still think we won't get much credit at all after getting the win up there.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:-k I guess it's best not to mention a 7 to 2 penalty count,(that seemed to favour the 'baby broncos' in attacking range.
Or the couple of occasions the camera caught out our favourite offical ::)
1 : happy smirk on face as he awarded the broncos equaliser try.
2 : whilst walking off field after the game wearing his "The wrong team" won face.

Had to laugh when the camera picked up a Stormer in a dreadlock cap & the dud commentators remarked about a Storm fan amidst 30,000 broncos fans.And the cameras spent the rest of the game panning across pockets of purple :lol:

Then again maybe I'm just one of those paranoid Victorian that knows nothing about RL.............................. :twisted:

Happy to come away from Suncorp with a win !!
BIG round of applause to all the Stormers who put in tonight,both on the field & in the stands =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, that prick Hayne has never hidden the fact he's hated us and tonight was no different. Some of the calls were absolutely atrocious which just made the win even more sweeter.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everytime we have Hayne it is the same. I still believe if we had a different ref aganist the Warriors we might have won that game.

I have heard, (I read it in a Sydney paper, so it could be wrong),that Storm have over the years put in a request not to have Maxwell as their ref to often, and we do not seem to have him very often. If teams are allow to do this, they should put in the same request about Hayne. Twice in three weeks is a bit much.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well done boys a great win very proud of you all

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a beautiful game of rugby league. fast paced, lots of points between the teams and went down to the end.
Maurice Blair was good in place of Champion i thought. Lowe and Woolnough were both great off the bench.
Broncos played great, good to see the boys with a few players out, and with 5 backing up beat them while
they were playing that well.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Out of all the wins we've had this year, this one has to be my favourite.

SO SO PROUDof the guys tonight and also the U/20's who had a whopping win.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets look at this logically....

Broncos Out Best 17: lockyer, hannant, Thaiday, hodges, gillett, mcguire, hoffman, Téo (8)

Broncos backing up: Jow Yeh

Game played: Suncorp in front of 35k brisvegas lunatics where the crowd has to be worth 2 tries at least.

Storm Out Best 17: Duffie, Champion, Manu, Thompson, Stanley (5)

Storm backing up: smith, slater, cronk, Hinchy, blair

Game played: Suncorp...away from home in front of 35k Brisvegas lunatics. Storm away record in the last 12 - 18 months has been very poor.

So...while I concede that BrisVegas were definitely more affected by missing players (and Lockyer was a very big out)....it was no where near the Full Melbourne Storm v Baby broncos that it was talked up to be by Warren "I HATE MELBOURNE STORM" Smith.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good points storm spirit.

A couple of uncharacteristic mistakes by a fatiguing bill slater made the contest closer than it really was.

But the Storm held tough and deserved that win. Our forwards made good meters and always seemed to roll over the advantage line. But I think Blairs form continues to be hit or miss. I wish his contract negotiations finish soon because it's clearly impacting him.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Re: Blair...but he still played 70 mins 24 hours after the test, and made 111 meters so I can't be too critical. It's just we know how devastating he can be when he's switch on and running wide of the ruck and offloading those incredible passes we know and love.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

with blair we know he has brilliance in him, but i dont think bellyache likes too much of the flashy stuff in case there is turnovers. but god its good to see when it comes off.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bobby blair looked good, should be in the top 17 eventually

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:bobby blair looked good, should be in the top 17 eventually

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Yeah he did, I remember his debut for Penrith, he broke a lot of tackles and looked very promising.
Last night when he was given a chance and some quality ball, he looked very good.
I thought Waqa went ok too. Breath of fresh air seeing him reaching and catching the high ball. Needs more first grade fitness though, he was struggling at times.
I really wonder who the fastest at the club is(?)
Over 40, I think I read Cronk beats Billy, over 100 I'd have to put my money on Duffie or Waqa.
Monsoon
Monsoon

PLAYER RATINGS vs BRONCOS

Slater 7/10 - Afew uncharacteristic errors but was still dangerous and did have to back up.
Quinn 4/10 - When's O'neill due back?? Tries hard but is just past it as a winger i believe, too short and slow.
Nielsen 7/10 - Another solid night, great defence and afew jinking runs, also got a meat pie.
M. Blair 5/10 - Was unsighted bar one good run, 6 touches all game and was VERY ordinary defensively. (Reed try)
Waqa 6/10 - Tried hard but looked unfit and struggled with the pace of the game, got a try though.
Widdop 7/10 - Was dangerous when taking on traffic, getting better in defence and was solid all round again.
Cronk 9/10 - Was fantastic besides afew fatigue related errors, pulled the strings all night and what a FG!!!
Norrie 10/10 - MOTM for me, wow just going to another level lately bravo Bryan!
Smith 9/10 - I would marry this man if i could, without a shadow of a doubt a future immortal, 100+ tackles in 24 hours.
Bromwich 7/10 - Solid, looks like a seasoned pro ATM and is a future star, has no fear.
Blair 8/10 - Backed up and left nothing in the tank, alot of guts and heart. Fantastic game Adam!
Proctor 6/10 - 3 stupid penalties and not enough runs Proc! Great defensively and nice pass to Blair though.
Kostjasyn 7/10 - My pick of the late call ups, looks the goods around the middle of the field, too similar to Hinchy.
Hinchcliffe 7/10 - Tireless, to do what he did even to get on the field, wow!
Woolnough 8/10 - Excellent impact Wooly, bargain buy of the season, looks better than 400k props ATM.
Lowe 8/10 - Been critical of Jaiman but he was exceptional in limited minutes, his best effort in storm colours.
Vea 6/10 - Very limited minutes, would love to see him get 60+ he looks pretty good in patches.