Storm rep players

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done to Billy Slater, Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk (All Australia), Adam Blair, Matt Duffie (Both New Zealand) and Beau Champion (NSW City) for winning rep selection.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

I agree, "Congrats!" to all the boys that made it. Feel a tad sorry for Proctor. i thought he'd done enough to warrant a bench spot for the Kiwis at least. Now to hope & pray that they all get through with good games & injury free :P
Monsoon
Monsoon

Word is Bellamy will rest all rep players for the broncos game, i cant see us getting near the broncos if he does but congratulations to the boys for their selection, hard work rewarded and i also feel for proctor, but his time will come no doubt. hmmm if all 6 are out how will we look against brissie?

1. Widdop
2. Waqa
3. Nielsen
4. Maori
5. Quinn
6. M.Blair
7. Kelly
8. Norrie
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Bromwich
11. Proctor
12. Vea
13. Lowrie

14. Lowe
15. Woolnough
16. Kostjasyn
17. Rochow

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
brewer
Squall
Squall

how was that no hoper TLL selected? selections are a joke. sticky has had his hand in the nsw city/country squads, expect a 3-0 whitewash to qld this year

norrie is miles better than him on form, but then again, so is bromwich, woolnough, and injured thompson and even lowe.....
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Niko was at AAMI last week as 18th man, so you'd have to assume he's caught Craig's attention and would be a very good chance for next Saturday night??
I know how good Widdop is at fb. But would you play him 'out of position' now that he's mastering the 5/8 role? Have we got another replacement fb? Niko or Maori perhaps?

But well done boys!! Bad luck Kev!! There's very little chance Champion will make the journey from Albury to Brisbane. But I reckon most of the other boys will back up if they pull up ok. Probably just a psychological ploy from our master coach??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

brewer wrote:how was that no hoper TLL selected? selections are a joke. sticky has had his hand in the nsw city/country squads, expect a 3-0 whitewash to qld this year

norrie is miles better than him on form, but then again, so is bromwich, woolnough, and injured thompson and even lowe.....
I'm glad they didn't get picked to be honest. City V Country's a bit of a joke I reckon. Imagine all our boys were playing either in Albury or Gold Coast? We'd be stuffed on Saturday night.

Norrie deserves a Blues jumper this year. But Sticky dumped him at Cronulla, so I doubt he'll eat humble pie and pick him for NSW.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Niko was at AAMI last week as 18th man, so you'd have to assume he's caught Craig's attention and would be a very good chance for next Saturday night??
I know how good Widdop is at fb. But would you play him 'out of position' now that he's mastering the 5/8 role? Have we got another replacement fb? Niko or Maori perhaps?

Dane Chisholm has been playing fb in qld cup
brewer
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:
brewer wrote:how was that no hoper TLL selected? selections are a joke. sticky has had his hand in the nsw city/country squads, expect a 3-0 whitewash to qld this year

I'm glad they didn't get picked to be honest. City V Country's a bit of a joke I reckon. Imagine all our boys were playing either in Albury or Gold Coast? We'd be stuffed on Saturday night.

Norrie deserves a Blues jumper this year. But Sticky dumped him at Cronulla, so I doubt he'll eat humble pie and pick him for NSW.

thats the obvious reason right there. his own coaching short comings. ::)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So.....what is the general consensus about Craig resting rep players from Saturday's game against the Broncos'

Good or bad ???

I would prefer to give the guys a "breather" NOW against an away team while we still have a number of home games to build momentum...rather than have Cam and Billy and Coops go down with burn out injuries later in the season when we have a tough run of predominantly away games.

This is good...sound .... man management logic for the benefit of the team I say.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i think Bellayache will give Cam, Bill and Coops a week off somewhere along the line with the rep season coming up i'm not sure it'll be this week against the Broncs unless one of them is injured. That's just a guess of course and he might rest one of them but i'm thinking because it's such a big game he'll play them if fit and they'll want to play if fit.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he rests anyone, I think it will be Cam just because of the number of tackles he makes.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I doubt that Cronk will be rested, he is playing the test but off the bench. He won't get much game time, i think he will play against the Broncos.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If they're fit try stopping them i reckon!!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think all will play apart from Champion,we have a Bye in 2 weeks rest time then
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

bellyache said he wont play the rep players playing in city/country. so i would say smith to start but only play 60 mins with hinchy to come on at hooker and niko in for champion.