Adam Blair linked to Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whilst Bellamy's in charge any departure will very quickly be replaced. I hope Adam stays, but i wish him all the best if he chooses to chase the cash. As long as he gives 110% to Storm in 2011 to win his last premiership (if he goes)
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You certainly can't blame the bloke if he takes the $500k. Will be sad to see him go if he leaves but as mentioned the positive would be we have money to spend elsewhere keeping blokes on our roster. I was always much less confident of keeping Adam as what i was keeping Duff man. If it does turn out to be his last year with us which is likely you can sure as shit gaurantee he'll be ripping in for us as hard as ever trying to go out on a winning note.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i went to training yesterday and adam wasnt training i overhead two of the trainers saying blairy was in sydney but they hope that he would say
Also at the end of the training session frank ponessi came out and went and talked to the group when they had finished listening they all clapped and cheered so i dont know what thats about but lets hope its good

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sad thing is if he had of been shown the proper "respect" (by admin not coaching) the previous 3 or 4 years he would probably stay.

Waldron legacy bites us again >:( .
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets face it, we were never going to be able to match a $500k offer (nor should we have if we had it) and the chances were always going to be very minute he wouldn't accept an offer that big and you can't blame him. Of course it's sad but we've been through losing players plenty of times and we'll lose plenty more but every time we have the next bloke has stepped to take their place. He's a loss for sure but he's also far from irreplacable IMO.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I saw that story on the nine news this morning. The story ended with the reporting sayng, Blair is expexted to inform the Storm of his signing with the Tigers in three or four days. If Blair has put pen to paper, why would he not tell Storm sooner than that.

Something does not make sense.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Actually they can have him. It's not that I don't appreciate what he has done with us or what he might get done with us this year but they are paying him WAY to much. Seriously he isn't like a top ten player in the league. To me at most he is worth $400,000 and perhaps not even that.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I suppose he deserves his big pay day as he was one of the blokes that wasnt getting what he should've over the last couple of years , still sad to see a long time storm player leave , on the bright side weve re signed proctor and hinchy !
:-D ( still hoping he will stay )

joel...
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Michael :P wrote:Sad thing is if he had of been shown the proper "respect" (by admin not coaching) the previous 3 or 4 years he would probably stay.

Waldron legacy bites us again >:( .
Now that's the thing, look through the other teams that have cheated the cap in the past. It's the next few seasons where it bites them on the arse the hardest. I can see us losing a lot of talent over the next few years.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was going to have a look at that, then I saw "League Freak" in the address.
The bloke is a pathetic self-aggrandising fool with less inside knowledge of the game than Chewbecca Wilson.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Blairy is going...why the delay in announcing it. ???

Bit of a charade if he has already decided.

Maybe terms. ???

Maybe money ???

Maybe unsure ???
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

finalising the deal maybe, get out clause, 3rd party deals etc... if it is true good luck to him! and the next to step up ...... tohu harris maybe?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Whatever Adam decides - Good Luck to him - He's paid his dues.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:Whatever Adam decides - Good Luck to him - He's paid his dues.

Yep..agreed.