Storm/Warriors moved to Sunday

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Guh, I do not like this! I wanted this ANZAC day game to build up into a massive tradition. Oh Well, NRL hate us what are we gonna do
onlooker
Squall
Squall

While i agree with the below poster
Go Storm wrote: Gallop's dropped the ball again! Another knock-on!
You do realise that Gallop has nothing to do with when the games are put on right?

Fox Sports moved the game to Sunday.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cowbell-Mark wrote:Guh, I do not like this! I wanted this ANZAC day game to build up into a massive tradition. Oh Well, NRL hate us what are we gonna do
I believe this can still be touted as the ANZAC clash - hell, no other aussie kiwi game is happening - who cares if its on ANZAC Day or not. As a kiwi I have no doubt that the Warriors will think otherwise.
Thought that didn't make sense but on re-reading I think it does...
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Chip wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote:Guh, I do not like this! I wanted this ANZAC day game to build up into a massive tradition. Oh Well, NRL hate us what are we gonna do
I believe this can still be touted as the ANZAC clash - hell, no other aussie kiwi game is happening - who cares if its on ANZAC Day or not. As a kiwi I have no doubt that the Warriors will think otherwise.
Thought that didn't make sense but on re-reading I think it does...
I get what you're saying, and I guess it still counts, but its the whole emotion of it actually being Anzac DAY which makes it extra special for me
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

onlooker wrote:While i agree with the below poster
You do realise that Gallop has nothing to do with when the games are put on right?
Umm, are you forgetting who signed the TV rights deal that allows the networks to dictate when the games are played?
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This just highlights the stupidity of the TV rights deal signed off by the NRL.
It reinforces the need for a set year round fixture negotiated between the NRL, Each Club and the TV Ch... as per the AFL...
Clubs could request say 3 fixed games that are important to their team and the culture they are building.

But hey that would be logical.... :-) Lets hope that things will change, but dont hold your breath.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its been moved again this just in on twitter vis triple m and nrl.com

TripleM_NRL Change of schedule for Rd 7. Storm v NZL (was Sunday 2pm) becomes ANZAC Day Monday 7pm. Canb v Newc (was Mon 7pm) now Sun 2pm
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sanity prevails.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
onlooker wrote:While i agree with the below poster
Umm, are you forgetting who signed the TV rights deal that allows the networks to dictate when the games are played?
Well to be fair, AFL is not shown live into Sydney or Brisbane on a Friday night. Better homes and Gardens is on.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
onlooker
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:its been moved again this just in on twitter vis triple m and nrl.com

TripleM_NRL Change of schedule for Rd 7. Storm v NZL (was Sunday 2pm) becomes ANZAC Day Monday 7pm. Canb v Newc (was Mon 7pm) now Sun 2pm

ahhh logic.
KingFD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Fantastic news! :)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

onlooker wrote:Well to be fair, AFL is not shown live into Sydney or Brisbane on a Friday night. Better homes and Gardens is on.
What does AFL have to do with any of the above posts? It's irrelevant in the context of this discussion.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:swav: :swav: :swav: :fla_australia: :fla_australia:
WOOHOO the nrl has come to its senses and changed the game back to ANZAC Day.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
onlooker wrote:Well to be fair, AFL is not shown live into Sydney or Brisbane on a Friday night. Better homes and Gardens is on.
What does AFL have to do with any of the above posts? It's irrelevant in the context of this discussion.
Just comparing our competition is the other big competition.

Both TV deals on FTA seem to be the same, with some states not getting it live.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friday night AFL games aren't live in Melbourne either...