Our Players are too small

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cam said it in the aftermatch press thingy (if I understood it right) - he knew that if they had to arm wrestle with Manly they would win ( the arm wrestling) - so it looks like they are confident in their ability to handle the big guys at close quarters
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think kite will be great this year, and will be what we are missing at the moment
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tell Dallas Johnson he's too small....
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our side is young too, size generally comes on slowly over a few years. Having said that, we did well against manly on saturday night.

Promote Vea ahead of Proctor, I want to see what he can do!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Our initial pack was actually very big. Lazzo and Howe up front, Kearns and Marquet in the back row and Nikau at lock. Roarts, Bawden and Williams off the bench. Then players like Wayne Evans. That was a huge pack.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally I reckon the games evolved a lot over recent times. Backs are becoming bigger and forwards more mobile. The game is faster than its ever been and the really big men just won't be able to keep up with the speed, and sheer strength of smaller, fitter, faster men with superior stamina.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well noted 8)

I think the days of the lumbering tank forward are numbered & the new breed of "Hard Men" typified by DJ are on the rise.For this eventuality Storm are well prepared ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

JAMIE wrote:Our initial pack was actually very big. Lazzo and Howe up front, Kearns and Marquet in the back row and Nikau at lock. Roarts, Bawden and Williams off the bench. Then players like Wayne Evans. That was a huge pack.
And that worked really well in the days of unlimited interchange. Now though...
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Our side is young too, size generally comes on slowly over a few years. Having said that, we did well against manly on saturday night.

Promote Vea ahead of Proctor, I want to see what he can do!
our young forwards are our biggest!! under 25 year old kite 114, bromwich 110 and johnson 111 compared to over 25 thompson woolnough lowe norrie around the 105 mark

but i think vea should get a bench spot! i would start norrie, take lowe out of the team and put vea on the bench, maybe inexperienced on the bench then but i like the look of it better