Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well here is a bit of a shock for round 1

And it appears veteran Anthony Quinn has reclaimed his wing position for the season opener against Manly on March 12 ahead of teenager Justin O'Neill, who has battled niggling injuries during the pre-season and "isn't ready for first grade" just yet.

I hope that means because of injury not playing ability. I wonder who said this quote? Bellamy or Russell Gould's artistic license

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/a ... 6015568728
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he seems to have got injured alot over the pre season
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Not really much of a shock, while O'Neil has a big future ahead of him I don't think he should be ahead of Quinn at the moment for a number of reasons, experience and soildness. O'Neil however is a very handy back up and a freak talent, with the right discipline and coaching he will be a future superstar and perhaps the most famous Storm winger since Marcus Bai.

As I said in the other thread, it's great having Billy back in the team he can be the difference between winning and losing on the Saturday night.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would rather oneill than champion. champions average of 3 missed tackles a game and his defensive reads worry me. So i guess neilson, champion and stanley will have to squeeze into 2 spots. Duff is a shoe in for other wing
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

The Mauritian wrote:I would rather oneill than champion. champions average of 3 missed tackles a game and his defensive reads worry me. So i guess neilson, champion and stanley will have to squeeze into 2 spots. Duff is a shoe in for other wing

You would think so, the only other option is have champion and Stanley in the centres with Neilson on the wing but that would be highly unlikely. Duffie himself is a very realible winger, he is also a kiwi and we all know how good the kiwis are doing in rugby league at the moment, time to ride the wave.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Slater
2. Duff-man
3. Neilsen
4. Stanley
5. Quinn
6. Widdop
7. Cronk

8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Thompson
11. Blair
12. Proctor
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Bromwich
16. Johnson
17. Lowe
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know, I'm not convinced with Bromwiche just yet, or Woolnough.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was chatting to Troy Thompson last night and he said he expected Bryan Norrie and Jesse Bromwich to be the starting props and that Adam Blair may be added to prop rotation. I hope with the injuries we have in second row at the moment (Manu and Vea) that Blair plays in second row,

Thompson and Rob Rochow both said they were happy pre-season was over, they have the weekend off (which is probably why they had family day last night) and are back on Monday to prepare for round 1.

I congratulated Ryan Hinchcliffe on his player of the year award for last year and asked him if he was going to play lock this year or bench hooker and he said he would spent some time at lock, some time on the bench and some time at hooker. (Not really a surprise).
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:I was chatting to Troy Thompson last night and he said he expected Bryan Norrie and Jesse Bromwich to be the starting props and that Adam Blair may be added to prop rotation. I hope with the injuries we have in second row at the moment (Manu and Vea) that Blair plays in second row,

Thompson and Rob Rochow both said they were happy pre-season was over, they have the weekend off (which is probably why they had family day last night) and are back on Monday to prepare for round 1.

I congratulated Ryan Hinchcliffe on his player of the year award for last year and asked him if he was going to play lock this year or bench hooker and he said he would spent some time at lock, some time on the bench and some time at hooker. (Not really a surprise).

I would start Hinchcliffe at Lock ahead of Lowrie just dont see Lowrie as a Lock 2nd row if anywhere.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great to see Quinn Back. Adds experience to the young back line.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It has been a great surprise to see Storm ads on TV tonight.
Been watching CH 9 surprise surprise... ads in prime time.
Way to go ......
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For me it's not just tonight, ever since they've launched the ads i've seen them plenty of times and much more so than previous seasons. God forbid anyone gives a club a wrap but they've really hit the mark in this respect, both with the content of the ads which i think are excellent and the amount of times they've been shown.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:For me it's not just tonight, ever since they've launched the ads i've seen them plenty of times and much more so than previous seasons. God forbid anyone gives a club a wrap but they've really hit the mark in this respect, both with the content of the ads which i think are excellent and the amount of times they've been shown.
Not just the amount of times they've been shown but the timeslots. They've been on quite frequently during primetime.

Now for the Storm to update their website with the game day info for the Round 1 clash which is now 6 days away.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whenever I see or hear the ad (I've only ever seen the one with Cam kicking on TV) I always stop everything and watch. Every time.

Now they've changed the ending to promote this week's game. Hopefully they keep it up throughout the year.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOOHOO..6 more sleeps \:D/ :hello1: :headbang: