Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've got a feeling we're gonna get a pretty good crowd first up on Saturday night. At this stage it'll be 26 degrees with hopefully no rain, the NAB cup GF is on the Friday night so we won't have to compete against any other sport and the only other thing of note is Neil Diamond across the road on Saturday but i doubt that'll affect our numbers much at all. If they keep the ads up this week as well as the usual print media ads they run in the lead up to games i'd be rapt if we could crack 20K, maybe i'm aiming a bit high (or maybe not) but with all those other things considered i reckon we're capable of going close at least.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i hope you are right ice and i hope i am wrong but i reckon about 14k to 15k. Also looking likely stanley and neilson will be the centres for this game with quinn and duff for wings. i think oneill is exremely unlucky. if we win champion will also find it hard to break in for round 2.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

stormy wrote:WOOHOO..6 more sleeps \:D/ :hello1: :headbang:
Certainly is exciting!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

5 more sleeps!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:Well here is a bit of a shock for round 1

And it appears veteran Anthony Quinn has reclaimed his wing position for the season opener against Manly on March 12 ahead of teenager Justin O'Neill, who has battled niggling injuries during the pre-season and "isn't ready for first grade" just yet.

I hope that means because of injury not playing ability. I wonder who said this quote? Bellamy or Russell Gould's artistic license

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/a ... 6015568728

BIG JIM

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Round 1 Line-up and Why?
Quinn will have that 5 shirt on for the 1st game
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Official Team.
01. Billy Slater
02. Matt Duffie
03. Dane Nielsen
04. Chase Stanley
05. Anthony Quinn
06. Gareth Widdop
07. Cooper Cronk
08. Bryan Norrie
09. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jaiman Lowe
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Todd Lowrie
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Troy Thompson
17. Jesse Bromwich
18. Beau Champion
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow thought sika was no chance! I have a feeling Beau will get the late call up, other than that no real surprises. Juz O'neill unlucky, Lowe must be having a top pre season.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fizer wrote:Official Team.
01. Billy Slater
02. Matt Duffie
03. Dane Nielsen
04. Chase Stanley
05. Anthony Quinn
06. Gareth Widdop
07. Cooper Cronk
08. Bryan Norrie
09. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jaiman Lowe
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Todd Lowrie
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Troy Thompson
17. Jesse Bromwich
18. Beau Champion
Hinchcliffe at lock great selection over Lowrie ,no room for Woolnough i thought Manu was out
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Justin O'neill should have 18 over Beau Champion. Sione Kite must have fallen right off the radar unless he is injured. I hope Elijah kills it in NSW CUP/QLD CUP & forces his way in to team in future weeks. Bellamy wasn't lying when he said only 2 or 3 new blokes would make the team.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be very surprised if that's how they run out. As Bellyache said he'll give all the injured players up until Friday night if he has to and i wouldn't think they'll all pull up fine and won't risk them if they aren't spot on.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently Kite has injured shoulder and is out till round 4. I found this out on Manlys official site. Whoever updates stuff on Storm Official site is SHIT. the injury report has been the same for about 6 weeks. I wonder how long it will take to get Sisa Waqa's profile up. Round 20, 22 maybe. They advertised for the multimedia position over xmas I should have gone for it, I would update it daily.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol, that's the exact same backline I predicted a few weeks ago. Bellamy's too easy
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good strong team. Excited to see Hinchy starting at lock.

I think Manu might not play, therefore Proctor to start and Woolnough to come onto bench. I don't think Champion will be a reserve. I cann see Bellamy keen to get him some match practice in the reserves.

Well done Lowe on securing the starting prop posy.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Champion isnt named to start due to his calf injury id say, but i reckon once his fit, Bellamy will throw him straight in the side. He's a very good player, and as usual of what goes on around here, yous wont rate him at first then after a few games yous will be all singing his praise.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i'd say manu out, proctor to start and vea on the bench