Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

Where is that eagle supporter now?
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Melbourne & Bears wrote:Where is that eagle supporter now?
Probably consoling Brett & Max over how hard the NRL have treated them. Sea-Eagles fans are among the worst in the NRL. We're better off w'out 'em on here harassing & trying to bait us. Them & the Parra(doesnt)matta crew as well...
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

onlooker wrote:
mystormboys wrote:Just finished watching foxtel replay here are some pearlers from Andy Raymond

1. "A small Storm crowd"
2. "On a coolish Melbourne night"

I may have misheard and someone might want to challenge this but I couldn't be bothered replaying these stupid comments as I may have done some serious damage to the Telly.

Does anyone know who the guy was running round in the purple shiny jump suit. I thought Storm Man had been given the flick

Well i can't talk about the temperature, watching on TV it didn't look like a big crowd. The official records show that it was just above 14k, the reason it sounded loud on the tele as some have said is because AAMI Park echoes the sounds around the stadium.
It was a pretty decent crowd. It is quite a large stadium (30,000 capacity) so that's why it looks patchy. And it was LOUD!! Great crowd participation, great atmosphere. The drum on the Northern Stand was awesome!!
My 4yo daughter was complaining a little how noisy it was in the northern stand, i was going to move. But there was nowhere to move to really. Then she got into it!!

Another comment i noticed was in reference to a Manly supporters 40-nil banner. Laurie Daly said "...and they can't take that off them". WANKER!!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:Freshy just a little reminder for you and Noa about your bet last year,

This is what you wrote;

This has become a battle of the five eigths  haha.

$50 (fake ones  ) On my man Luke Kelly to beat out your boy Gareth Widdop.If Widdop gets the nod I'll get a banner on here all about Widdop lol. 

My the best man win.

Luke "Freshy" Kelly.

(In case it isnt clear, this is all in good spirit) 

Well, looking forward to seeing your fake ones and don't forget the banner

:lol: good luck getting Freshy to show, but being the genuine legend I am I'll use the banner, just have Gareth looking over his shoulder on it ;)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You could always 'borrow' some artworx from Select :lol:
Image Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Like it, but like to see what Freshy has to offer. ;D
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mauritian wrote:oh crap, hope it's not true. Was hoping for a Duffie/NielsEn try double :-D
And you got it good call[/quote]

Damn i'm good :-D
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was away last weekend and finally watched the game this morning (I know I am a week behind). Here are my observations / thoughts:
- Chase Stanley played well in both defence and attack, it is a big shame he will miss the year. I hope we re-sign him because he has enormous potential, is still quite young and should be reasonably cheap considering his injury concerns and the fact that he has only played 8 games in 2 years at Storm;
- Duffie, Nielsen and O'Neill all did their jobs;
- Sika was sensational;
- Jesse Bromwich made a number of good runs;
- I liked Thompson's input from the bench and like others was a bit disappointed with Lowe. Funnily enough if you look at stats for Thompson and Lowe they were virtually identical (Thompson/Lowe: Minutes: 17/20, Tackles: 10/8, Missed tackles: 1/1, Hit-ups: 6/6, Metres gained: 36/38, Offloads: 1/1). I suppose the stats don't show that one of those tackles by Thompson resulted in a Manly knock on and led to one of our tries;
- That was Lowrie's best game for the Storm (Not difficult I know);
- The crowd noise/atmosphere sounded much better than last year on TV; and
- Jayco are still on our shorts.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i wasnt too impressed on lowes stats but i didnt see he only played 20 mins. so i might have to give him more chances to prove himself before i form my opinion of him