Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm really hoping for a win. It's my birthday on Sunday and because of that, I managed to convince some friends to come along on Saturday night. One has never been to a rugby league game before - so a good win would be perfect.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

[/quote]

Pretty much spot on there where you say there'll be nothing lost in the defensive line. The ironic thing is that it was pointed out how poor Champions defence was with 53 missed tackles in 19 games last year, yet when you compare it to the bloke he's replacing there's very little difference at all with Inglis missing 49 tackles in 20 games last year. So that's 2.78 missed tackles a game to Champion while Inglis had 2.45 a game. What's that stat telling anyone? ::)[/quote]

Spot on Ice

Cop that Mauritian
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: So that's 2.78 missed tackles a game to Champion while Inglis had 2.45 a game. What's that stat telling anyone? ::)
That Champion misses more ;D .

BTW NRL stats doesnt have archived stats anymore ??? :x :'( , whats up with that !!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Show em Howe wrote:

Pretty much spot on there where you say there'll be nothing lost in the defensive line. The ironic thing is that it was pointed out how poor Champions defence was with 53 missed tackles in 19 games last year, yet when you compare it to the bloke he's replacing there's very little difference at all with Inglis missing 49 tackles in 20 games last year. So that's 2.78 missed tackles a game to Champion while Inglis had 2.45 a game. What's that stat telling anyone? ::)[/quote]

Spot on Ice

Cop that Mauritian

Oh I'm Crying Howe, so those stats mean Champion is a worse defender than Inglis and hits twice as soft. And probably has about 1/3 of the attacking skills. You guys are just GI haters who couldn't hack it that he left. If you didn't blow so much smoke up Champions arse I wouldn't point out his weaknessness. All I'm saying is I would rather have Stanley, Oneill, Neilson ahead of him but you just can't accept anyone having a go at Champion. So thats: Ice, Show Em Howe, Rose Madder, & Simo who I'll add to the can't accept Champion Criticism list.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looking Like great weather for the game 19-29 degrees and not dropping below 20 into the night. But could be isolated showers, at least it wont be cold.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
Oh I'm Crying Howe, so those stats mean Champion is a worse defender than Inglis and hits twice as soft. And probably has about 1/3 of the attacking skills. You guys are just GI haters who couldn't hack it that he left. If you didn't blow so much smoke up Champions arse I wouldn't point out his weaknessness. All I'm saying is I would rather have Stanley, Oneill, Neilson ahead of him but you just can't accept anyone having a go at Champion. So thats: Ice, Show Em Howe, Rose Madder, & Simo who I'll add to the can't accept Champion Criticism list.
:lol: Are you fair di nkum? You're saying we can't accept anyone having a go at Champion yet when someone dare point out GI's weaknesses (which yes, he has even if you can't/refuse to see them) you tear up and crack the shits as if we're having a go at your mum or something. You can't accept anyone having a go at Inglis yet mouth off at any and every opportunity about Champion telling anyone who cares to listen how shit he is. Could you be any more of a hypocrite? Clearly not.

You pointed out Champions "not very good" defence for the express purpose of bagging him and making him look shit and for the interest of fairness all i did was to point out that Inglis, who you obviously regard much much higher than Champion that he had virtually the same or very similar stats in the very same area that you were hanging shit on Champion for. So i take it it's alright for you to do it but nobody else then? At least next time when you do it make sure it doesn't blow up in your face like it did this time.

Anyway i've said my piece so i'll move on. I've got more important shit to worry about like going to support my team and every player who plays for the club, not hang shit on them while fawning over opposition players who used to play here and more than likely aint ever coming back. But if you want to do that then knock yourself out ;)
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

you have melted ice. anyway im looking forward to an awesome game storm 22 manly 16
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i think all the recruits will do what is ased of them this season and bellamy obviously sees something special in them.....
as far as the team for the eagles game, i think it is a pretty strong team defensivley and i we have some strike weapons in the team that can break it wide open...... cant wait..... GO STORM..
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Im shaking with anticipation for this match! Time to put last years heartbreak behind us and prove that we are a proud club! CMON STORM 22-12
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think we will do it easy but at same time the score will be within 10 all match. might need a few weeks for the combos to form and everything to start sticking
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cowbell-Mark wrote:Im shaking with anticipation for this match!

:what:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not that confident on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Manly win. Hope I'm wrong though.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chase and Sika both got through training and are expected to play
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now some late mail that Dane Neilson has a slight injury and could be replaced by Beau Champion. What is it with all these injuries
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Mauritian wrote:Now some late mail that Dane Neilson has a slight injury and could be replaced by Beau Champion. What is it with all these injuries
i dont know, i dont think we have ever had any injuries in the past have we? :-k