Rnd 1 Melbourne vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:Apparently Kite has injured shoulder and is out till round 4. I found this out on Manlys official site. Whoever updates stuff on Storm Official site is SHIT. the injury report has been the same for about 6 weeks. I wonder how long it will take to get Sisa Waqa's profile up. Round 20, 22 maybe. They advertised for the multimedia position over xmas I should have gone for it, I would update it daily.
I know what u mean Maurition i could do alot better with the Facebook Twitter and website its really starting to annoy me alot of the other clubs update thiers so much more then ours
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WOOHOO 4 MORE SLEEPS =D> =D> \:D/
Johns
Squall
Squall

Lowe is far too slow to play first-grade, particularly starting.

Glad Hinchy is starting, he is a good worker and more than that, a good footy player.

I can understand why Bellamy went for Quinn over O'Neill. I just don't agree with it.

O'Neill is the most talented three-quarter at the club. Stanley may come close if he strings more than three games in a row together. Justin being in reserve grade hopefully won't last long, because he is far too good for that.
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I'm pretty happy with the team, I think it has been chosen to perform the way the classic and famous style of the Melbourne Storm is, unlike the style of which we saw most of last year.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

simo wrote:Champion isnt named to start due to his calf injury id say, but i reckon once his fit, Bellamy will throw him straight in the side. He's a very good player, and as usual of what goes on around here, yous wont rate him at first then after a few games yous will be all singing his praise.
Lol i think you'll find that most of us were happy with the signing of Champion and the only few who weren't were the ones that couldn't come to terms with GI leaving.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:
simo wrote:Champion isnt named to start due to his calf injury id say, but i reckon once his fit, Bellamy will throw him straight in the side. He's a very good player, and as usual of what goes on around here, yous wont rate him at first then after a few games yous will be all singing his praise.
Lol i think you'll find that most of us were happy with the signing of Champion and the only few who weren't were the ones that couldn't come to terms with GI leaving.
So who do you two think he should replace then? You 2 seem to say that champion is a good player after half a good season with souths. His defence is not good and I don't think half a pre season with storm will have fixed that. 53 missed tackles in 19 games last year. Does this stat mean anything to you? It is nothing to do with GI so get over your excuses, I would put him behind Stanley, Duffie, Quinn, Oneill, & Neilson.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
So who do you two think he should replace then? You 2 seem to say that champion is a good player after half a good season with souths. His defence is not good and I don't think half a pre season with storm will have fixed that. 53 missed tackles in 19 games last year. Does this stat mean anything to you? It is nothing to do with GI so get over your excuses, I would put him behind Stanley, Duffie, Quinn, Oneill, & Neilson.

Do you ever stop whingeing? It's not my job to pick the team so i'm happy to leave that to who's job it is, if that means they name Champion of they don't i'm content to go with that either way because they know a hell of a lot more about it than what i do. I think Champion is a good solid player and also think he'll be a good pick up for us once he's fully settled in.

That's MY opinion and if you don't agree with that then i honestly couldn't give a toss, that's totally ok and your prerogative to think differently. Do you hear me bitching and moaning about who you think are good/bad players or who should/shouldn't be in the team? No because i couldn't give a shit about that either so i don't bother responding to it.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:
The Mauritian wrote:

Do you ever stop whingeing? It's not my job to pick the team so i'm happy to leave that to who's job it is, if that means they name Champion of they don't i'm content to go with that either way because they know a hell of a lot more about it than what i do. I think Champion is a good solid player and also think he'll be a good pick up for us once he's fully settled in.

That's MY opinion and if you don't agree with that then i honestly couldn't give a toss, that's totally ok and your prerogative to think differently. Do you hear me bitching and moaning about who you think are good/bad players or who should/shouldn't be in the team? No because i couldn't give a shit about that either so i don't bother responding to it.
::)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Mauritian wrote:
Ice wrote:
Champion is playing for Storm this year, lets wait and see how he goes under Bellamy's tutelege before passing judgement.

Personally I think he'll do well but that is yet to be seen.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought we weren't meant to be having these selection problems this year? :lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

2 MORE SLEEPS.. then we are coming to get you womanly.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Nice response there Ice, don't 'melt' under the pressure.

Champion is a very capable replacement. Anybody who watched Greg and his laziness in defence will realise there has been nothing lost in the defensive line having Champion as his replacement.

The key behind our success is go forward and always has been, this includes the wingers working hard out of dummy half on tackle 1,2. I believe the forward pack is as big and strong as any. Lowe really got amongst our boys when Souths came to town last year, he is a great buy. Manu is the most damaging back rower you will find - if he is ever fit. Everybody else works in nicely to let the speedsters and ball players do their thing.

Bring back Wally for the season opener!! Get him out of hiding.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lowe won't take a backward step - he's big and he's one of the hardest workers out there.

Last year, he missed too many tackles - but hopefully an off-season in a team that prides itself on defense will make all the difference.

Clearly Bellamy thinks it has, or he wouldn't be there.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Since I think Manly are a bottom 4 team I will be shocked if we dont win this pretty easily.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Show em Howe wrote:
Champion is a very capable replacement. Anybody who watched Greg and his laziness in defence will realise there has been nothing lost in the defensive line having Champion as his replacement.

Pretty much spot on there where you say there'll be nothing lost in the defensive line. The ironic thing is that it was pointed out how poor Champions defence was with 53 missed tackles in 19 games last year, yet when you compare it to the bloke he's replacing there's very little difference at all with Inglis missing 49 tackles in 20 games last year. So that's 2.78 missed tackles a game to Champion while Inglis had 2.45 a game. What's that stat telling anyone? ::)