ANZAC Game V Warriors.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

This may be a stupid question, but being a long weekend for easter and Monday being Anzac Day, surely the game will be on the Monday? It has become our traditional game for around Anzac day but Channel nine seem to be able to make Anzac day whenever it suits their ratings. I am trying to get away camping for a few days and would hope we can get something orginised soon. If the game is going to be on the weekend we will stick somewhere close to Melbourne but if it is on the Monday we can venture a little further from home and come home Monday so we can go to the game!! I REALLY REALLY dislike the current arrangement of only finding out 5 weeks in advance, makes having a life outside Rugby very difficult when you have a membership. If anyone may have heard when the game is I would really appreciate it!!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

So with the Storm drawing the Warriors for the traditional ANZAC game that means the good friday clash of last season against the Dragons will not be repeated.

I'm a little disappointed at this. :-\

It'll also be interesting to see if the traditional Storm/Warriors game is played on ANZAC Day or if it will be the Bulldogs/Rabbitohs game that has been played on Easter Monday for the last few years, or Perhaps both?

And that is before you get into the Roosters/Dragons traditional ANZAC Day clash.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Roosters V Dragons will take priority i'd imagine. Hopefully commonsense prevails and the Storm V Warriors is also played on the Monday.

It's mainly a tv rights thing with all this scheduling. Being that the monday is a national public holiday ch9 could host the Chooks game during the day whilst Foxtel host their Monday Night Football Storm V Warriors game at night.
billies later
Squall
Squall

Go Storm wrote:The Roosters V Dragons will take priority i'd imagine. Hopefully commonsense prevails and the Storm V Warriors is also played on the Monday.

It's mainly a tv rights thing with all this scheduling. Being that the monday is a national public holiday ch9 could host the Chooks game during the day whilst Foxtel host their Monday Night Football Storm V Warriors game at night.

That's exactly how it worked last year, so no reason why it won't again!!!
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

For channel nine to broadcast the Dragons/Roosters game they oils have to give up one of their Friday night games or their Sunday game. I don't see that happening, I'm sure Fox has boardcast this match many times in the past.

I think our game against the Warriors will be on Monday Night Football.