GI Turns up to training

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis surprised Bellamy and newly appointed assistant coaches Kevin Walters and David Kidwell when he made a surprise visit to the Storm's training on Monday.
"He's still on the mend from a shoulder operation. He got a warm reception from the players and even joined them for lunch," Bellamy said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 5999251595

After all the s#*t that is said about GI on here he still is a good guy and I hope he gets warm receptions at games when he plays us because he gave this club so many great memories.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets not forget how the media can spin things. At the end of the day, its only footy and I'll love watching Greg play, unless wearing maroon.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

An off the cuff couple of paragraphs about straight talk comments from Craig :re GI
He's always been close to his players 8)
Like the whole article =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

All the rumours about how he's dissollusioned with the Storm, bla bla bla... hopefully this is a sign that maybe he's a chance of rejoining us in 2014. Hopefully he wasn't sent by Russell to poach Bellamy.

It is a bit of a Storm tradition that we boo some high-profile departed players. Kimmorley, Orford and Folou copped it and deserved it. Greg left on completely different terms, i'm sure he'd have loved to have been able to stay
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With the salary cap debacle, I think most people were giving any player that left complete understanding.
The question around GI was the statement that the reason he asked for a release was on compassionate grounds to be with his girlfriend/fiance who had started a business in Brisbane... not Sydney.
To be honest, I expect he'll get booed, and i'm not sure if I agree or disagree. I do however think it will be with less venom than Ox and Issy
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Great to hear about GI still turning up. He must feel like part of the team still...

I certainly won't be booing him when he plays against Storm. Perhaps I'll marvel at his skills IF he performs.

I have no problems booing other players mentioned who made excuses about moving from Storm - Orford, Folau (both wanting to be closer to Family) - they appeared to forget about there families when they moved to Bradford and Sydney respectively.

I will never boo the likes of Kingy, Dallas, White, Turner etc. - personally I include GI in this category. Players who I believe would loved to have stayed at the Storm had we been able to "afford" them.

I think GI did the Storm a massive favour by moving on, helping us retain Blair, Sika etc. and we got a very sound player in Champion.

Hopefully one day he will return to Storm, but his market value is just not in line with his ability to consistently perform. So, I fear as we're generally very prudent in our signings, I don't think we'll see in him our colours again.

Can't wait for the season start.

PS and a bit off topic why isn't big Ron actively going out to secure Bellyache (rather than waiting for Craig to come knocking). Surely he is our MOST important re-signing.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy's contract is up in 2013 and he has publically stated that he would like to reitre from coaching then and persue other interests..doesn't mean he will ritre but he said he would like to..

I like everyone else here wishes he will stay on but he might want to coach another team or do something else with his life.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe when he's contract is up, Kearney will be off-contract too.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

GI has been so good for Melbourne since he came to the Storm..
as for him being boo'd... id rather he gets an applause from the crowd.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lets not forget that initially he was leaving Melbourne because "Sally" had landed a lucrative job in Brisbane and he wanted to be with her there!!! Then all of a sudden he has signed with South Sydney and no mention of her great job in Brisbane now..come on guys It's spin City!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote:Lets not forget that initially he was leaving Melbourne because "Sally" had landed a lucrative job in Brisbane and he wanted to be with her there!!! Then all of a sudden he has signed with South Sydney and no mention of her great job in Brisbane now..come on guys It's spin City!!!!!!!!!!!!
He left for one reason and one reason only i.e. we rorted the cap, thats the only reason. The spin about compassionate grounds was only put out by the Storm and his manager thinking it would soften the blow.

Only the guillable fell for it and the facile decided to use it against him .
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
Rose Madder wrote:Lets not forget that initially he was leaving Melbourne because "Sally" had landed a lucrative job in Brisbane and he wanted to be with her there!!! Then all of a sudden he has signed with South Sydney and no mention of her great job in Brisbane now..come on guys It's spin City!!!!!!!!!!!!
He left for one reason and one reason only i.e. we rorted the cap, thats the only reason. The spin about compassionate grounds was only put out by the Storm and his manager thinking it would soften the blow.

This.
I've always thought (& said on here) GI was the one to fall on his sword. Didn't think he wanted to go (hell, the first deal would've happened if he was that keen) & I'd place my bets on how he was received by the team & Bellamy they all know that for sure.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Guys lets not hold grudges, we have to remember, no matter what the scummy papers say, that all this was brought upon by Waldron and co.
Inglis has been awesome for us, if this never happened he would of stayed and been happy to be Stormer.
We dont know the full story or whats going on behind closed doors, someone had to be forced out and unfortunately, Greg was one of many.
Lets not be negative towards him like everyone else.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

he was there when we needed him in the past and got us the win in many tight games. i dont think we need to cheer him we he plays against us but i would never boo him! unless he is wearing the dark pink QLD jumper.... BOO to that!!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:

Oh you have inside info on that do you??I think it is the gullable now who are just believing what they want to hear.
But please don't get me wrong,I am gutted the Inglis decided to leave Melbourne for whatever reasons,but I was not at all surprised when he did,and I am not at all condemming him for his decisions they are his to make,what I do condemm however are the lies!! We as fans and the Club, who,did look after him during his court case deserve better than that.