Watch what you say!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's a bit of a douche move on Gauci's part.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

going through the bulldogs forum and they are talking about this too and laughing at us again. but here is what one guy come up with:

"Defamation Act 2005 - SECT 31

31. Defences of honest opinion

(1) It is a defence to the publication of defamatory matter if the defendant
proves that-

(a) the matter was an expression of opinion of the defendant rather than a
statement of fact;

Dude should just give up .... LOL"

does gauci have much of a case? and i see this as just something else to drag the melbourne storm name down further.... well done sir, good start to your new job
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

onlooker wrote: Good on the Storm for taking legal action, it may stop defamatory comments on social site including forums and the like.
RIGHT - We wouldn't want people having opinions that would make someone uncomfortable would we ::)

It's sad to see the American solution creeping into sports fan culture.

ie: If fans have a seriously bad difference of opinion to you take to them with a legal baseball bat.Yes that will make people soft & compliant - NOT !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Now here's an interesting thought :?

Will any alleged civil court action be supported,(morally or financially), by a large 'uninvolved' media group :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Woody wrote:
onlooker wrote:To be fair, news limited suck with the team as well. Right before this broke they were looking to sell the storm.
Um.......freudian slip?? :-D
lol, what bad time to have a spelling error. ah well.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Maybe Mr Gauci should drink some wet cement and htfu.
Then maybe he could work on the important stuff like - oh maybe memberships?

You're not making any friends you know Ron.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote:It's a bit of a douche move on Gauci's part.
A bit? I'd say a big douche move in my opinion.

It really seems to smack of the typical bully boy tactics that News Ltd used against the former independent directors.

Gauci's actions in threatening legal action will not endear him to fans of the club.

Jamie, looks to me like his actions support your stated opinions.

Oh, and well done once again to The Age for keeping Storm supporters properly informed of what is happening with our club. No sign of this online on the News "Limited" websites!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:Maybe Mr Gauci should drink some wet cement and htfu.
Then maybe he could work on the important stuff like - oh maybe memberships?

You're not making any friends you know Ron.

Quite the understatement TC
Seems that while we are all waiting not too patiently for these memberships to come through,our Mr Gauci is finding time to sue fans...Oh Dear,does not bode well with the natives!!! I am sure if he put as much time and energy into the membership drive,we would be a bit more accomodating to his plight ( not ).And they are leaving absolutely no room for error,because if there happens to be something wrong with your membership when it does eventually get done...you wont have time to get it fixed up!!!!!
onlooker
Squall
Squall

only douches say somebody is a douche.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Eagle2008
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Jamie has been on this site a few times and i applaud him for trying
to save the very future of the club he supports,you need more supporters
like this,he was that guy who got done for the banner at AAMI park,i dont
know what Gaucci has done so far besides be linked to news limited itself
but good on Jamie for opening his mouth,i wish him the best in court
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote:Isn't it the same guy who was blathering on about being friends with a close family member of Gallop or Gauci (can't remember which). All his posts seem a bit over the top to me (slightly fanatical? obsessed?). I'm all for free speech etc but I don't know about how far you take it when it becomes personal. Might be a bit more to it than what's appeared in print. Was interested to read about his support person at the mediation. Thinks he's got the right / protection to say whatever he thinks - doesn't work that way...

Take back re "all his post, etc". - has had some good ones but I find the following one disquieting & a couple of others...
JAMIE Re: Changing the business of sport

G'day Simo
I think it'd be fair to say that I can definitely DISAGREE with you on this.

He's just the new fresh faced assasin that hartigan has put in place. He sure does look like a nice guy, until you speak with him behind closed doors. He's the same as them - Extremely deceitful. And I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm actually very close friends with a memeber of his family, so I really did want to like him, but unfortunately he's just the new fresh faced puppet as I said, and everything he does is with the same type of dishonesty that is assosiated with his superiors.So for me to be saying that, with a member of his family a long time friend, you have to see the sriousness in what I'm saying.

this was my point...who needs enemies with friends of the family like that?
And don't you think that the above might indicate there's more to this than what's been in the paper (& haven't we all just been led down that road?).
I'm outspoken in what I believe - everyone has that right but jeez somethings off here...
Gauci suing...it appears to be bullying the little fella, petty & any way you look at it its not good for the Storm but maybe the man has his reasons & all will become clear. I just dunno so I'm gonna pull my head in and wait with mouth shut!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Chip wrote:
Chip wrote:Isn't it the same guy who was blathering on about being friends with a close family member of Gallop or Gauci (can't remember which). All his posts seem a bit over the top to me (slightly fanatical? obsessed?). I'm all for free speech etc but I don't know about how far you take it when it becomes personal. Might be a bit more to it than what's appeared in print. Was interested to read about his support person at the mediation. Thinks he's got the right / protection to say whatever he thinks - doesn't work that way...

Take back re "all his post, etc". - has had some good ones but I find the following one disquieting & a couple of others...
JAMIE Re: Changing the business of sport

G'day Simo
I think it'd be fair to say that I can definitely DISAGREE with you on this.

He's just the new fresh faced assasin that hartigan has put in place. He sure does look like a nice guy, until you speak with him behind closed doors. He's the same as them - Extremely deceitful. And I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm actually very close friends with a memeber of his family, so I really did want to like him, but unfortunately he's just the new fresh faced puppet as I said, and everything he does is with the same type of dishonesty that is assosiated with his superiors.So for me to be saying that, with a member of his family a long time friend, you have to see the sriousness in what I'm saying.

this was my point...who needs enemies with friends of the family like that?
And don't you think that the above might indicate there's more to this than what's been in the paper (& haven't we all just been led down that road?).
I'm outspoken in what I believe - everyone has that right but jeez somethings off here...
Gauci suing...it appears to be bullying the little fella, petty & any way you look at it its not good for the Storm but maybe the man has his reasons & all will become clear. I just dunno so I'm gonna pull my head in and wait with mouth shut!
=D> =D>
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh turn it up Gauci! :evil:

Are you that bloody precious that you can't handle a little bit of criticism??? Or do you think you & your employers are well above it?

FFS, stop being such a verdammte crybaby & just TOUGHEN UP, PRINCESS!!! ::)

If someone said such things about me I'd just say "Well, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it." And that's all that would happen, & I wouldn't give a shit...

But then, who gives a stuff about getting the memberships out on time - let's just devote all our energy to standing over an average bloke who had the audacity to tell it like it is! :violent1:

WTF is this, Nazi Germany or something?? Or communist Russia, or China perhaps? ::) ::)

You have already lost the club quite a few fans/members over this whole sorry fiasco, Mr. Gauci, and you will surely lose many more if you persist with this ridiculous petulant crap! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is that what you want to happen? What you want to be remembered for? FFS I sincerely hope not...
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blitzkrieg wrote: You have already lost the club quite a few fans/members over this whole sorry fiasco, Mr. Gauci, and you will surely lose many more if you persist with this ridiculous petulant crap! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I find that hard to believe but if any fan/member has walked away from the team/club just because of what the new CEO did off field then good riddance to them i say and don't need fickle supporters like that. Though i highly doubt that's the case anyway, if any fans/members did walk away you'd think there was a hell of a lot more chance of them doing so when our old CEO very nearly ripped the guts out of the entire club. Only 10 out of the 8,500 members we had at the time handed their memberships back after the cap scandal so i hardly think this'll cause a mass exodus if that didn't.

I don't judge my love of the club and team by what the CEO and owners do no matter how much i dislike the latter and i sure as shit wouldn't stop supporting my club/team/players just because of any decisions the powers that be make. I dare say 99.9% of Storm fans would agree and the tiny minority that would stop solely because of a decison by the CEO can keep on walking as far as i care.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so people here actually think that the CEO is actually in charge of getting out memberships???

He would sign off on them and that is all