Trial games in country Victoria

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

YES there are FOUR,(4) trial games for Melbourne
One at Olympic Park - One in Morwell - One in Ballarat & of course Aami Park

O Wait !! I've posted this in the wrong place haven't I ?

It's the Melbourne Rebels who are playing VICTORIAN COUNTRY trial matches !!

Shame the NRL doesn't think there's any point in having RL trials there

No interest you see ::)

Sarcasm most definitely intentional :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ive never been one to say anything negative about Melbourne.
But i find that still after all this time they do nothin other than a piss poor effort in regional victoria.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

What the lima lima lima duck is with smartarses on this site.

That is not going to help anything.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

onlooker wrote:What the *lima lima lima duck* is with smartarses on this site.

:lol: You dont get out much do you..
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, it sure ain't gonna hurt.
What you fail to understand is that the current administration (which is exactly the same as the old administration except the independent directors have been replaced by more stooges) don't give a damn about the fans.

We've been having these fights with them since 2003 when Waldron's goon squad took over. Rational argument doesn't work, pleading doesn't work; why not try sarcasm.

Again for the hard of thinking:
THIS ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE FANS!
THIS ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GROWING THE GAME!

Bring Back Reebs!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

simo wrote:Ive never been one to say anything negative about Melbourne.
But i find that still after all this time they do nothin other than a piss poor effort in regional victoria.

Just to be clear... the trial matches are not set out by MS they are done by the NRL...
And the NRL have so far shown that they will never ever ever in a million years... help Melbourne Storm
whether that be in the city or regional areas... such a shame too....
Would be great to support local groups in Victoria with a trial match or two...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormFront wrote:Just to be clear... the trial matches are not set out by MS they are done by the NRL...
My understanding was that the NRL play bugger all role in trial matches. The scheduling, ie time, date, location, is all negotiated between the individual clubs who then nominate two matches to the NRL to be their "official" trial matches which the NRL then rubber stamps.

The only purpose of the two "official" trial matches is that they count as matches for the purposes of suspensions. So if a player is suspended for three matches following a report from the grand final would return in Round 2 of the next NRL season.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the other team doesnt want to travel down here I dont know what we can do, hopefully the IC will address this.

And considering the "Super" 15's ,or whatever they are, is a short season the Webels need to play as many games as possible in Victoria.

Personally I think they'll fold in a few years.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:
StormFront wrote:Just to be clear... the trial matches are not set out by MS they are done by the NRL...
My understanding was that the NRL play bugger all role in trial matches. The scheduling, ie time, date, location, is all negotiated between the individual clubs who then nominate two matches to the NRL to be their "official" trial matches which the NRL then rubber stamps.

The only purpose of the two "official" trial matches is that they count as matches for the purposes of suspensions. So if a player is suspended for three matches following a report from the grand final would return in Round 2 of the next NRL season.

Thank you trial matches and you are correct,Clubs court other clubs to play trial matches
We have an understanding with the Sharks and Warriors for a trial match every year

We also have a 3rd trial normally with someone else,last year it was souths (Back to redfern)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Around Storms first few years in the comp they had Storm staff go to the schools in the Goulburn Valley district, which resulted in a Rugby League Tournement with a large number of schools participating.

Thats right.. victorian country schools fielding league teams!!

The winning school > Mooroopna was meant to go to Melbourne to play agaisnt a team down there. But the school wouldnt send them.

I know this because my mate played in the team that won.
My mate said no one from the Storm came back to his school since his time there.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:

Apologies that was my understanding from a few years back...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
onlooker
Squall
Squall

I didn't write lima lima lima duck, where did that shit come from?
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck if I know
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Coffs Harbour, Bega, Port Macquarie, Alice Springs, Tamworth, Cairns, Muswellbrook, Wollongong, Newcastle and Rotorua are among the centres that will host 27 pre-season matches ahead of the start of the Telstra Premiership on Friday, March 11.

“The countdown has certainly begun for the 2011 Telstra Premiership and the pre-season provides some great opportunities for members and fans to get out and see how their team is shaping up,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said.
erm ? Right ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Coffs Harbour, Bega, Port Macquarie, Alice Springs, Tamworth, Cairns, Muswellbrook, Wollongong, Newcastle and Rotorua are among the centres that will host 27 pre-season matches ahead of the start of the Telstra Premiership on Friday, March 11.

“The countdown has certainly begun for the 2011 Telstra Premiership and the pre-season provides some great opportunities for members and fans to get out and see how their team is shaping up,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said.
erm ? Right ::)
It does, if you live in QLD, NSW, NT or WA.

I think that the NRL clubs have spread out the trial games among region areas and new expansion area well this year, even better then last year. The one and only down side is that the Melbourne Storm has not managed to secure a home trial game. However they may have thought that a home trial game is unneeded as playing all away trials will harden the players up for the season ahead and because they start off with 6 of the first 8 games at home.