Beau Champion...........

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Fantastic signing, the shape GI is in at the moment we got the better end of this deal, beau is a star in the making. Best xmas present ever!
No doubt some will call us delusional but i actually think we got the better end of the deal as well :lol: Do i think Champion is a better player than what Inglis is? No way of course not, but it still remains to remains to be seen how Inglis goes in just a so so side coached by someone else other than Bellamy. I mean if Bellayache, a bloke Inglis loves and respects more than most couldn't get the best out of him every week then how the hell will Lange? Who knows, the Rabbits might get the better deal in the long run but i'm still far from convinced about that.

If Inglis can get trim and play to his potential then of course they'll surely be the winners because he's one of the best players in the comp easliy, but whether he can get there or will get there still remains to be seen. He wouldn't be the first bloke in the world in any sport to not live up to his massive potential and i'm sure he won't be the last if he doesn't. One thing i will bet my life on is we'll get a hell of a lot more out of Beau next season than what they'll get out of Inglis.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:One thing i will bet my life on is we'll get a hell of a lot more out of Beau next season than what they'll get out of Inglis.
And for less, too.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

strange signing, good playerr beau, pretty one dimensional in his game though.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

1999 wrote:Fantastic signing, the shape GI is in at the moment we got the better end of this deal, beau is a star in the making. Best xmas present ever!
I don't know if I'd call it the best xmas present ever but it sure is fantastic news.

We now have our 25, we are within the salary cap and we got rid of our most expensive player.

Goodbye to a player who was paid for his potential but only actually played to his potential when he felt like it, ie 10 to 20% of most games and hello to a player who is cheaper and whose 80 minute performance would be more valuable to us than GI's was.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
1999 wrote: We now have our 25, we are within the salary cap and we got rid of our most expensive player.

Goodbye to a player who was paid for his potential but only actually played to his potential when he felt like it, ie 10 to 20% of most games and hello to a player who is cheaper and whose 80 minute performance would be more valuable to us than GI's was.
This.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

99 and ice are delusional ; )
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote:
Surandy wrote:
1999 wrote: We now have our 25, we are within the salary cap and we got rid of our most expensive player.

This.
This what?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's interwebs speak for i agree with this what you're saying, this is a good way of putting it etc
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Like most have said, great news and we may even have the better end of the deal.

I said to the missus when the it first said that souths needed to loose Champion, lowe or crocker that Champion would be my chioce for the storm without question. I Think he really would fit into the storm style of play.

Here's a bit of a prediction, but this guy will play SOO for NSW whilst at the storm!!!

This statement can not be used against me if it does not happen!!!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

beau runs good angles at centre and im sure cronk and smith will feed him and will get the best out of him! he was close to playing nsw this year.

i think its a great swap for us, fat injured inglis for a rep hungry player, i couldnt be happier and our backline will still be feared by the opposition
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

As long as he is happy being in Melbourne I don't like the fact that he was forced out of his club to fit Inglis in.

I think he will be a good addition to the team to addd a little more NRL experience in this position.

:)
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

First thoughts were that i'm surprised we could get him under the salary cap. The man is a proven try scorer who is also very consistent in terms of his all round game. I think it is a great acquisition.

He won't play Origin straight away either meaning he should be fresh. Defensively we are always strong but in attack we've often looked a bit one dimensional, hopefully the threat Beau offers will help us in that department for 2011.

Good luck to Greg hope it goes well for him at Souths. Welcome to the Storm Beau.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im sure he'll be fine but comparing him to GI is setting him up for a fall.

Word of caution too, he had his best year by far with sam burgess inside him attracting attention, that is not a coincidence
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure of the logic of yet another outside back being added to the roster. Even without Ingliss we still have an embarrassment of riches in the three-quarters.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Not sure of the logic of yet another outside back being added to the roster. Even without Ingliss we still have an embarrassment of riches in the three-quarters.
It would've been done more out of necessity to seal the GI deal. But he will prove to be a valuable inclusion. You can never have too much depth, and the competition for a starting spot will keep everyone on their toes.