Beau Champion...........

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

..............anyone ?

24 years old and reportedly weighing up a swap to Storm (SMH doesn't say a swap for whom...but presumably Inglis).

"But Ayoub would not rule out a shift to Melbourne, who have been looking at a swap deal, because of the lure of playing under Craig Bellamy and alongside the likes of Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk".
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote:..............anyone ?

24 years old and reportedly weighing up a swap to Storm (SMH doesn't say a swap for whom...but presumably Inglis).

"But Ayoub would not rule out a shift to Melbourne, who have been looking at a swap deal, because of the lure of playing under Craig Bellamy and alongside the likes of Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk".
Pretty Strong rumours that he has signed three years with Cronulla. Tyrell to leave Souths as well.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=120229

Announcement at 3:00pm - Champion to Storm. Inglis deal with Souths approved.
:-D
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jellyhead wrote:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=120229

Announcement at 3:00pm - Champion to Storm. Inglis deal with Souths approved.
:-D
Thanks Jellyhead......That is SENSATIONAL NEWS ;D ;D ;D

Champion could well become a CHAMPION at Storm 8)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

where did u hear this
onlooker
Squall
Squall

its passed 3pm, still nothing.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

onlooker wrote:its passed 3pm, still nothing.
maybe they moved it back to 4pm cos they were busy with their Xmas shopping.

It is very hard getting a car park at the moment you know....
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO....CONFIRMED. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Champion to Melbourne Storm

Greg Inglis signs NRL contract with South Sydney as Beau Champion goes to Melbourne Storm
By staff writers
FOX SPORTS December 24, 2010 6:43PM
The NRL cleared the way for rugby league superstar Greg Inglis to play with South Sydney after centre Beau Champion agreed to terms with Melbourne Storm.

The money freed up by Champion's departure to Melbourne was enough to allow Inglis to fit under the cap.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"We have always been happy for Greg to be at Souths or at any club that he chooses," NRL chief executive Mr David Gallop said.

"Had Souths addressed the real issues in this from the outset then both Greg and the game could have been saved a considerable amount of time.

"It should be acknowledged that since being made aware of the NRL's determination the club has cooperated in meeting the requirements of the Cap and that has resulted today in the contract being accepted.

"There remains some disappointment however that the club first lodged the contract knowing that it did not have room in its current salary cap to accommodate Greg's true value."
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good stuff!
We got something for GI after all. Great result for everyone concerned.
Beau is GI's 2nd cousin as well.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Good stuff!
We got something for GI after all. Great result for everyone concerned.
Agreed !!

Champion is electrifying...in the Inglis sense.

Maybe he doesn't have Inglis's profile or out right physical dominance, but he can be a game breaker and probably won't go MIA quite as much (just an opinion from a previously casual observor of the Bunnies).

Those who follow other teams and players more closely than me may have a different opinion.

I'd be interested to hear....
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I must admit, I am surprised we can fit Champion into our cap. I know all the talk has been of Souths cap, but I thought ours was at bursting point.
Obviously not. Man, bring on 2011. I can't wait.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Meh! Can't say I'm overly excited by it . But at least the whole GI saga/drama is done now & everybody can move on. Still don't think Inglis will win them their elusiv epremiership but gd luck to him & them... I guess...
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

We got Beau Champion.. that is awesome.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't be feckin happier about this! We could've got absolutely nothing for losing Inglis but instead we pickied up a bloke who scored 14 tries last year in what was a shit side so he's only going to improve under Bellyache and the players we have around him. I can't say i was too confident we'd be able to affore any of the players mentioned from the rabbits that were told to look elsewhere but i'm rapt all the same we could. I was quietly confident for next season that we'd do very well but now i'm even more so. Bring it!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fantastic signing, the shape GI is in at the moment we got the better end of this deal, beau is a star in the making. Best xmas present ever!