NYC 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jordan did his hammy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Zach Moimoi!!! Stoked he's named on the extended bench, let's hope he gets a game.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Id certainly rather on the bench then Wiliame (who should be starting @ center) or Pooley.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brayden is not long back from injury himself & also needs some games under his belt. Maybe he is on the bench because there's a few positions he can cover? I would like to see him start in the centres as well but not really keen with Loxley at fullback. If he could cover and catch like Billy haha...
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looking at next year with those who are eligible for U20s & have been playing regularly this season, it is exciting that the U20s are looking at a really strong team if all are still around.
Kirisome, Jarome, Karl davies, Ben, Zac, Ryan pooley, Brayden, Damien Sironen, matt Constantinou, herschel, matt, jesse, Kurtis Ritchie, matt Smith, DJ, Barnabas, Young, plus whoever else has been recruited for that grade, if any. Some of these boys are still eligible for SG ball & there's a few from there that will come up as well I expect.
The ones that aren't eligible (too old) from the current squad will be Joseph Kamana, Eddie, Krys, Lucas, Rob kurth, Sean Loxley.
I feel like we have gotten to know these all these boys and I hope they are either still around for the Storm or are able to continue elsewhere & make good in their rugby league careers. Common sense tells us they won't all make it but we will follow them all with interest .
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas Grech was asked to leave half way though this year
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:Looking at next year with those who are eligible for U20s & have been playing regularly this season, it is exciting that the U20s are looking at a really strong team if all are still around.
Kirisome, Jarome, Karl davies, Ben, Zac, Ryan pooley, Brayden, Damien Sironen, matt Constantinou, herschel, matt, jesse, Kurtis Ritchie, matt Smith, DJ, Barnabas, Young, plus whoever else has been recruited for that grade, if any. Some of these boys are still eligible for SG ball & there's a few from there that will come up as well I expect.

Potential team to start the year.

1. Denny Solomona
2. Young Tonumaipea
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Richie Kennar
5. Ryan Pooley
6. Matt McGahan
7. Ben Hampton

13. Jordan Shepherd
12. Kirisome Avuaa
11. Jesse Parete
10. Karl Davies
09. Josh Tunnicliffe
08. Jarome Wilson

14. Zac Moimoi
15. Herschall Gideon
16. Cade Umaga
17. Steve Liki

Dont know if Peterson-Robati is eligible next year otherwise he'd be in the 17. Also weve got got about 23 7's joining the team so there'll be much better cover if Ben goes down...or something else happens.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Zach Moimoi primed for a huge year! Haha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

haha thought id just put this here Harry Kewell on the Footy show said he saw the (storm juniors) thunderbolts training in the gym and was impressed with them and the facilitys

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 6139263826

Storm brews Victorian kid Mahe Fonua

FEW things better demonstrate how deep rugby league has penetrated the Victorian sporting landscape than the emergence of Mahe Fonua.
Born and raised in Springvale in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs, the 18-year-old plays in a crunch semi-final for Storm's under-20s today having signed an NRL contract for next year, and with a trophy for the competition's best centre in his bedroom.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy predicted Fonua would become the first local to progress via the club's development path to a first-grade start with Storm, a seminal moment in the club's history.

"There was a couple of times this year Mahe wasn't too far away from making his debut. I can't see any reason why he won't next year," Bellamy said.

Storm's starting five-eighth Gareth Widdop, who moved to Melbourne from England as a teenager, followed a similar path to Fonua, which is indicative of a program that can - should talent be matched by hard work - set any lad on his way to the NRL.

"I always just wanted to play NRL, from the time I first went to training when I was nine. Back then I knew it would be tough. But being able to do it in Melbourne without leaving my family, that's awesome," Fonua said.

"All rugby league kids have that ambition to play with the team where they are from, and I was always a Storm supporter.

"I've been lucky, everything has fallen into place and good coaches have taught me and kept promoting me to the next level."

Greg Brentnall, Storm's general manager of development, has busted a gut for more than a decade to not only find a local player to make the top grade, but to set up that pathway hoping one becomes 10.

He pushed for the club to have an under-18 team and the SG Ball outfit boasts a high number of kids who made finals in the first season.

Another recent win saw the Men of League Foundation, which helps past players and strengthens ties through community work, set up a branch in Melbourne.

But more than anything, a Storm first-grade appearance would be the icing on the cake, and Fonua hopes it's him.

"At one stage Craig Bellamy brought it up, that if there was any chance of a Victorian playing I was closest. I would be stoked just to play NRL," Fonua said.

"But to be the first Melbourne boy playing for Melbourne, I would love that even more."
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Excited for tonight's match, a win and we will take on the Warriors in Melbourne before the big game, a lost and 2011 is all over for the young guns. We should be able to beat the Bulldogs, they have gone off the pedal in the back end of the season. Good luck Thunderbolts!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Game starts at 4.00pm today not 5pm as per Foxguide

Go The Boltz!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmmm 30 degrees and 3 forwards on the bench.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor kick by loxley leads to try for doggies

Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm getting carved up on both edges.