2011 Trial Matches

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
bushman wrote:
The last trial that was in Albury was a said day five boys from Wagga Wagga my home town were kill when thier car hit the XTP. A bridge is now thier call five mates bridge. They were comimng down to see one of our up and comming boys who was also from Wagga, can not remember his name but i think he droped of the radar after that. That was not a fun trip we won but hey what a sad day.
Nick Henderson
yeah i lived in wagga then and didnt know if it was a storm trial or a brumbies game cause he went to union early in his career. might explain why he dropped off the radar
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:
TC wrote:
bushman wrote:
The last trial that was in Albury was a said day five boys from Wagga Wagga my home town were kill when thier car hit the XTP. A bridge is now thier call five mates bridge. They were comimng down to see one of our up and comming boys who was also from Wagga, can not remember his name but i think he droped of the radar after that. That was not a fun trip we won but hey what a sad day.
Nick Henderson
yeah i lived in wagga then and didnt know if it was a storm trial or a brumbies game cause he went to union early in his career. might explain why he dropped off the radar
Funnily enough Henderson is back in Melbourne he is playing for the Melbourne Rebels.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
glennb wrote:They played a trail game against Newcastle at Optus Oval last year and in 2008 they played the Broncos also at Optus Oval. I was at both of them.
Given our team's home games are played in Melbourne what purpose does playing trial matches in Melbourne serve?

The trial matches should be used as an opportunity to expand exposure of the game and as such they should be taken to regional areas. Hence my question about trials played in Victoria but outside of Melbourne.
www.melbournerebels.com.au

The RaboDirect Rebels play Tonga at Olympic Park in Melbourne on January 15 and in Morwell on January 21. The third trial is against Fiji in Ballarat on January 29. They then play the Crusaders at AAMI Stadium on February 5 which will be the first game of rugby ever at AAMI Park.
So the Rebels have only been around for 5 minutes and they are already kicking the Storm's butt off the field. Not only have they had their membership packs out for months, they are playing 4 trials in Victoria, 2 of which are in regional areas. I also like their initiative of assigning each player to a union club and a school to foster ties with the community and to aid the development of the game.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

"So the Rebels have only been around for 5 minutes and they are already kicking the Storm's butt off the field. Not only have they had their membership packs out for months, they are playing 4 trials in Victoria, 2 of which are in regional areas. I also like their initiative of assigning each player to a union club and a school to foster ties with the community and to aid the development of the game."

They sure are kicking our butts in a lot of areas, it makes me cringe a bit.
Close to 6,000 members already whilst our membership packages haven't even been released!