2011 membership thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I notice other clubs have well and truly got their membership drives underway for next year, has anyone heard anything about when our packs will be sent out? I know our membership structure was getting a bit of an overhaul (which was needed IMO) so maybe that'll hold things up a bit. Hopefully the release of the membership details wont be too much longer because after all the crap that's gone down this year i think we'll need all the time we can get to get as many members as we can.

So is everyone renewing the same leverl of membership this year? Upgrading? Downgrading? We ended up going the premiers club last year and were happy with the seats so we'll stick with those.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sure plenty of people will be asking during the live chat with Ron Gauci on Friday.

I'll be renewing my Premiers Club membership.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Delays in getting the membership details out have usually meant.
A: Loss of some incentives
B: Irregular increases in prices/levels

I don't see that changing in 2011 :twisted:

The 'survey' put out for members had all the questions geared towards
How much would you spend for........................

I've always been a GA grunt,so my opinion means shit to the club ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I did the survey, and you could tell they wanted to do new stuff, but the question 'how much would you pay for this?' was a bit annoying...
I somehow get a country membership, even though I don't live 100 kms outside of the city, but my Dad was automatically put into that when they introduced it, and mine tags on with his, so we'll stick with that.
Hopefully we do get some more stuff though, especially our membership, because I hear of awesome events that other levels get, but I'm pretty sure that country and interstate memberships don't get that much...
Oh well, I probably wouldn't care anyway... Go Storm!!
Oh, and can someone ask Gauci on Friday to release GI for me? I'm sick of this dragging on, and I'm busy when the chat's on :(
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

superstar5677 wrote: Oh, and can someone ask Gauci on Friday to release GI for me? I'm sick of this dragging on, and I'm busy when the chat's on :(
Seems like it will get worse - MUCH worse
Crowe has kept me in the game, says Inglis

Think this comment is priceless
I just try to keep away from all the crap so I'm just hanging with Anthony and just worrying about myself.
How can you "keep away from crap" when you spend all your time with Mundine ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

@Bourbon Rat

Inglis's best comment ever is "its raining and i dont think planes fly when it rains"
Can i credit Bellamy for the brains of this man? :P

Now onto membership with MWSE

Our membership drive has taken a turn for the weird

Firstly,they interviewed our 1st 2 pet members,instead of woof woof,they spoke english
Secondly,our Gosford "home" Game is not part of the membership nor is our rumoured
home Suncorp double header

Membership prices have fallen across the board to subtract the 2 "away from home
home games"

Unlike most other grounds,our best membership is GA,otherwise known as the hill
but still the cheapest,the only thing i pity about you guys is the distinct lack of
a Hill,having been to ANZ a few times,the SFS and even Win Stadium in 2009 (STFU)
there is no place to watch a game quiet as awesome as brookvales beloved hill

OUR GARDEN SHED IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!!!

And can you please ask Gauci to stop sending me membership shit? I do not want to
be a member of the storms,i went to a game a whole of once which was in massive winds
that made the game oh so much more awesome to watch,as well as our makeshift fullback
Ben Farrar tackle argueably the worlds best fullback to win the game,i doubt any of you will
ever forget such a wonderous occasion.....
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

couldnt give a stuff about Manlys membership crap..

maybe you should go talk on a manly board..
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

simo wrote:couldnt give a stuff about Manlys membership crap..

maybe you should go talk on a manly board..

Maybe you should try not speaking for everyone,personally i like comparing
membership deals that other clubs have and im sure some of your purple army
likes knowing what other clubs are doing,it saves them time the time and effort of
looking up a comparison board,i dont think you should speak for your
entire community,i get it,you hate me and whilst i love being hated and have years
of experience of it from my going for manly and ford,i think your assumption that noone
else is interested is a bit pig headed as on our board,we do discuss not only our own
membership,but memberships across the board

I might be a fan of another club but i dont come here to just annoy people or stir a
pot like Haynelovestogivemenaheadjob

I was merely adding our details so you could compare your great young club against
my much older great club,Goodluck in 2011
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not 2 minutes after i posted the last one,i go back and see this
membership fail....poor Snake.....

simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

i never said i hated you or manly.. dont make assumptions.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm downgrading. Premiers Club was pretty average compared to the previous years equivalent.

The owners treat the members like shit and the stadium treats us like shit so why pay more?

As for the survey, they took stuff away from us but still increased the prices and now they want us to pay more to have included the stuff they took away???
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote:Not 2 minutes after i posted the last one,i go back and see this
membership fail....poor Snake.....

OMG The Snake looks like he's lost some weight. Maybe he can give GI some handy advice in that area.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:I'm downgrading. Premiers Club was pretty average compared to the previous years equivalent.

The owners treat the members like shit and the stadium treats us like shit so why pay more?

As for the survey, they took stuff away from us but still increased the prices and now they want us to pay more to have included the stuff they took away???

I might downgrade also, just depends on the increase. As I posted in another thread, the Storm should have rewarded the loyal members who stuck by them this year and kept membership prices the same for next year.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OMG The Snake looks like he's lost some weight. Maybe he can give GI some handy advice in that area.
NA - They just photo chopped shopped his whittle body a bit :twisted:
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
NA - They just photo chopped shopped his whittle body a bit :twisted:
Hey he should talk to Georgous George 1st!!! I dont Engris would get the concept Diet
He cant even figure out if planes fly in the rain,so dieting is beyond him
And yeah,he has the shoulders of a brown snake and is just as lethal :P