Ingliss makes a comment

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i think the deal with the Rabbits will go through, on the off chance it doesn't i can't see us being forced to keep him on our books. Well of course we can be forced to, but i doubt very much it'll come to that given it's clear we don't want him back and he doesn't want to be here especially with this dispute over his legal fees going on. His position at the club has become untenable in my opinion and i can't see any way he'll stay should the Rabbits deal fall through and will head off OS until they can fit him in legally.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:While i think the deal with the Rabbits will go through, on the off chance it doesn't i can't see us being forced to keep him on our books. Well of course we can be forced to, but i doubt very much it'll come to that given it's clear we don't want him back and he doesn't want to be here especially with this dispute over his legal fees going on. His position at the club has become untenable in my opinion and i can't see any way he'll stay should the Rabbits deal fall through and will head off OS until they can fit him in legally.
You would expect this to be most likely scenario. But I don't trust Gallop and Schubert one bit, it'd be just their form to veto every arrangement made. Thus renderring us ineligible to win next years comp too
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
Ice wrote:While i think the deal with the Rabbits will go through, on the off chance it doesn't i can't see us being forced to keep him on our books. Well of course we can be forced to, but i doubt very much it'll come to that given it's clear we don't want him back and he doesn't want to be here especially with this dispute over his legal fees going on. His position at the club has become untenable in my opinion and i can't see any way he'll stay should the Rabbits deal fall through and will head off OS until they can fit him in legally.
You would expect this to be most likely scenario. But I don't trust Gallop and Schubert one bit, it'd be just their form to veto every arrangement made. Thus renderring us ineligible to win next years comp too
I can GUARANTEE you now that there is no way News Ltd and the major sponsors would allow Storm to compete for nothing in 2011.

we had to take the shit that Ballsup and the NRL dealt in 2010 but the TV sponsors etc would not accept the hit they took on ratings in Melbourne again.

News Ltd will be desperately hoping for the Storm to recoup them some of their lost money from 2010