Ingliss makes a comment

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you read this
"I am glad GI appears to have resolved his future, his situation has been unusual and unfortunately the root of that goes back to the massive unravelling of the cap breach at the Storm," Gallop told AAP.

"This is compounded by a pretty loose agreement with Brisbane over the payment of his legal fees, and once a contract is lodged we will consider it against Souths' cap position.

"Clearly Souths will be aware that we'll have look at that and also what he has been paid previously.

"Obviously if he was being lodged as being on the books at $100,000 then alarm bells will start ringing
, but all of that is a standard part of the salary cap process and one we use for every club."
It's not that they suspect Souths of dodging the cap but want to also see more data on the legal fees & what Inglis was being paid at Melbourne ?

One we use for every club ? RIGHT :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This throws a bit more light on the subject of Greg not going to Broncos:
reposting from elsewhere:

In regards to Inglis – this is how it all unfolded.

When Inglis was initially talking to the Broncos..Souths made a very late approach. After he had given his word to the Broncos. Inglis was unaware of the approach until his manager had told him. When told of the contract he was disapointed he hadnt considered that. After this – Rusty met with him basically to say if you want a contract ever you have one at Souths. About 4 weeks ago..3 Brisbane players were in the ear of Inglis about Henjak. They dont like him and his style. Chances are those players will leave Brisbane if Henjak sticks on past 2011. Inglis looked at if he really wanted to go there and began approaching his manager about the deal. As everyone is aware – he hadnt signed anything..he had only said I will play here. This whole legal bill thing has been blown out – Greg isnt as worried about it as the newspapers are reporting. Anyway Gainey approached Russell about if the deal was on offer..it was..Inglis and his manager met with Russell. Mundine got involved due to his slight involvement with Souths Indigenous side of things as well as his friendship with Inglis.

When Rusty went away to promote a movie..Richo returned from holidays and finished off the contract details and all the little tiny bits that were left over.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sucks to be him if this turns out to be true. At the risk of sounding harsh and not really caring if i do, i don't have any sympathy whatsoever for him. He turned his back on 2 very lucrative contracts to take up this one so he's made his bed and now has to lie in it. Though this is from the DT so who knows how much truth is in it, should be an interesting few days ahead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5960431960

NRL blocks Greg Inglis' Rabbitoh move

THE NRL will not sanction Greg Inglis' $1.8 million move to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in another stunning twist in his ugly contract saga.

The Daily Telegraph has learned NRL auditor Ian Schubert is set to prevent the realisation of Souths' contract with Inglis, penned after his shock walkout on the Brisbane Broncos earlier this month, and the Rabbitohs may have their own Hollywood star and owner Russell Crowe to blame. It is now highly unlikely Inglis will play for the Rabbitohs in 2011 with Schubert resolved to voiding the foundation club's proposed three-year deal for the injured centre, who still remains contracted to his original club, the Melbourne Storm.

The boast of Crowe on Jay Leno's Tonight Show in the US has helped skittle the deal with the NRL's alarm bells ringing after the Souths owner revealed Inglis had been secured for three years on a deal worth "roughly about $1.8 million". The $600,000-a-season figure Crowe alluded to ridicules Souths' attempt to have Inglis squeezed under next year's salary cap on a base salary of just $190,000. It was to be topped up by numerous third-party deals that will now be ruled as obligatory under the salary cap.

The sobering reality of Inglis being lost to the NRL altogether is now the most likely outcome of his manager Allan Gainey's protracted hunt to find his star client a club with French rugby union left as his likely suitor. "It must be frustrating for him [Inglis] but he has got an agent and frankly, that's what agents are for," NRL boss David Gallop said last night.

"I hope for Greg's sake it gets sorted out pretty quickly because we certainly want to see him be able to settle down and concentrate on his footy." The Rabbitohs would have to shed a number of their blue-ribbon stars, headlined by club skipper Roy Asotasi, and Maroons Origin forward Dave Taylor to keep Inglis in their burrow in 2011. It remains unclear if the club is willing to do so.

"It's frustrating Souths paraded him in their colours when it's not resolved," Gallop said. "It's true that Greg's contract position is not resolved. "Everyone involved has known for some time he is under contract with Melbourne Storm and needs both a release from that contract and the approval of the salary cap auditor."

The ineligible Rabbitohs deal shapes as another huge blow to Inglis who will undergo hip surgery today after earlier reconstructive surgery on both shoulders ruled him out of the Four Nations. His weight has already ballooned to 118kg. Just weeks ago, Inglis had appeared to finally find a new club after his shock walkout on a written agreement to join the Broncos from the Storm on "compassionate grounds".

If forced out the door at Souths in wake of the NRL's stance Inglis may opt to accept offers from overseas with neither the Broncos or Storm willing or able to take him back.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think that there is only one word necessary....................... ::)

storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

guys, i just want to know what this means for the storm salary cap? if he is still "contracted" to us and he does not sign with anyone does this mean we are contracted to pay him out of the cap? surley he will not want to be with the storm after all this and at 118 kg i cant see him being a force anyway?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 1887m.html

The Rabbitohs haven't even lodged a full contract with the NRL yet - and they'll supposedly do it by tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the NRL will pass the deal and all will be right in the world again. I guess my question regards how back-ended contracts work in regards to clubs (ie. us) having to top up a player's salary if playing for less elsewhere. Anybody know how it works?

Also, I don't think GI's current weight is a problem at all. If he's injured, how can he train?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storma01 wrote:guys, i just want to know what this means for the storm salary cap? if he is still "contracted" to us and he does not sign with anyone does this mean we are contracted to pay him out of the cap? surley he will not want to be with the storm after all this and at 118 kg i cant see him being a force anyway?
I think you've just answered your own question.

With everything that has happened I am sure Inglis would not want to be back at Melbourne Storm now or in the future.

He would end up with a "stop gap" contract in French Rugby to beef up his bank account and then come back to the NRL....presumably the Bunnies in 2012 or 2013
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Undisclosed 3rd party deals should be completely abolished !! Along with Schubert and Gallop !! How is it that St.George can purchase the likes of Gasnier on top of their 2010's star-studded lineup? And the Broncos can pay Darren Lockyer a capped $250k plus probably more than triple that in 3rd party deals?

3rd party deals aid high profile, high media, high membership clubs and burden the frontier clubs. And why is that Schubert ghets to pick and choose which 3rd party deals are salary exempt and which are not?

I bet a large proportion of Storm's salary cap breaches were 3rd party deals which would have been allowed at Brisbane or Dragons.

If you're going to have a salary cap then it should be just that, not a salary cap + 3rd party top-ups (sourced from fanatical fans/businesses/former origen greats/trust funds/etc.)

Storm need to sort this GI stuff out soon before we end up over 2011's salary cap. Membership signing/renewal will be slow until we're guaranteed of fielding a legal and competitive team next year.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I believe this is another Daily Telegraph/NRL spin to blame everything on Melbourne Storm. Gallap has came out he feels for Greg's situation because this has happened as a result of the "massive Melbourne Storm salary cap breaches". When is this man going to finally going to stop bringing this subject up. I bet if Greg was still in a purple jeresy he would not feel for him at all.

If no one signs Greg and he remains on our payroll, we have to shed two/three players to fit under the cap for 2011. Which means we will have a list of about 22 compared to every other club of 25. If this happens we will not have the deapth if we have injuries or during origin, inturn this will make us a little less competieve in the competition. Gallop wants to make sure we are not there come finals time. As said before if this was another club or another player this would not be happening.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Actually no it's not Gallops' fault. It's the Storm Admin at the time who are to blame. And partially GI himself. Had he just signed the Broncos contract this would all have ben sorted already. Oh, & 'The Mouth' Mundine can be thrown in there as well. I can't wait to see the back end of this saga, it's draining as a supporter having to defend the club all the time...

And I thought Gasnier was the last player allowed to have a heavy back-ended contract as clubs complained to the NRL that it was a restraint of trade to them & morally unfair to do business? Or did Gallop not say that?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

J-Storm wrote:Actually no it's not Gallops' fault. It's the Storm Admin at the time who are to blame. And partially GI himself. Had he just signed the Broncos contract this would all have ben sorted already. Oh, & 'The Mouth' Mundine can be thrown in there as well. I can't wait to see the back end of this saga, it's draining as a supporter having to defend the club all the time...

And I thought Gasnier was the last player allowed to have a heavy back-ended contract as clubs complained to the NRL that it was a restraint of trade to them & morally unfair to do business? Or did Gallop not say that?

I for one am loving the entire Inglis saga,you guys before he leaves figure he is the only one of the 4 that
isnt worth holding onto,you offer him a release,he shakes hands with a brisbane merkin who he lima lima lima duck over
because the planes dont fly while its raining,he then sides with Mundine and Crowe who show him off to the
world,including Jay Leno's uninterested crowd

Souths fans are signing up in the hundreds,hearing of his signing telling us all how its gunna rain green and
red streamers next year,Ballsup gets quoted by the worlds most shit and misleading paper that the contract
isnt going to be ratified,Ballsup comes out and said no contract has been lodged and until which time Schubert
cant make a choice on if its legal or not,he puts on about 40kg and still needs an operation on his hip during
his time off Maccas and protein shakes will see him hit the scales at about 140kg,as his rehab finishes he'll hit
the training paddock with 2 weeks till the season starts and guess what,GI will be in a jersey bigger than Georgie
Rose's bed sheets

Its lima lima lima duck league gold,im loving this entire saga and if thats not enough to keep me happy in the offseason
that lima lima lima duck hypocrit Tahu is MIA from eels training after not agreeing to see a kid he called a the same thing
he quit origin because of his assistant coach calling the same fat merkin thats now "going" to souths

This is being a great offseason for a Manly fan

For the game the only good thing thats happened so far however is....The independant commision which
will see NEWS LIMITED leave rugby league alone forever in australia,now all we need is a few different companys
buying out Melbourne,Brisbane and NQL and News will have no stake in the game whatsoever
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eagle wrote: This is being a great offseason for a Manly fan
You haven't had your season launch yet...........
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our last one had nothing
The one before had Watmough slap a sponsor
Nothing else of note happened
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormFront wrote:Ingliss makes a comment
Could anyone understand?

Most of the time when I hear him talking all I can hear is mumbles, nothing clear and intelligible.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we are forced to retain GI then the 2-3 players we'd most likely have to shed would be Blair, Manu and Neilson. It's my understanding we must have a 25 man squad. Therefore the other 2 spots after GI would be held by a couple of kids. We'd struggle to beat a flu-ravaged Sharks at home at Origen time.

It's unfortunate what's happened to GI thanks to Waldron and co. But he is not worth Adam Blair and Sika Manu on his best day, when he can be Lima ducked playing.