Inglis is unlikely to love the Storm after this mess !

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Told you it was good riddance,cutting the fat so to speak,he should give his boat back!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thats right he was found not guilty and had to do nothing sorry just slip my mind. I think you will find a man of his size should be able to restrain a woman of that size without well I think you can work it out.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:
What *lima lima lima duck* crime did he do.

Do you honestly need to ask that? Or do you forget what this $113,000 dispute is all about?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I probably got my wires crossed re: Bushmans post......

But who cares, he's lima lima lima duck the broncos over big-time :occasion5: :notworthy: :cheers:
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Actually he may lima duck us more than them. If he does not sign with another club we have to fit him in under our cap or we cant play next year, any club who signs him in the nrl now have us over a barrel. They can offer say $200k less for him and we may have to release him and pay top up of that amount, otherwise we have the full $600k (presumed contract amount).The fact of the matter is $200k in our books is still better than the full $600k and we will have to get rid of more players which will weaken our side and make sure we aren't a contender for next year and possibly the year after too ( he is still on two year contract to us). They will be rubbing their hands together!!! I am predicting the outcome will be we release him on the same deal as we would have to the broncos BUT we will pay his full legal bill as "ransom" or we will be completely screwed over. It's not like he will ever play for us again, even if he doesn't find a new club or returning in a few years time like he said when he was paying lip service to our fans. It's not like he would put his game face on if he had to see out his remaining contract with us. Hope Rusty has deep pockets and is willing to throw it all at him, but I do see more pain coming our way!!!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unless your believing NEWS LTD now (funny how people pick and choose on that), none of that is correct

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 17iw5.html
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not a good start for Gauci that he's lima lima lima duck this up btw.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P wrote:Not a good start for Gauci that he's *lima lima lima duck* this up btw.

Curious how you think this is Gauci's fault or that "he *lima lima lima duck* this up" ??????????
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormFront wrote:
Michael :P wrote:Not a good start for Gauci that he's *lima lima lima duck* this up btw.

Curious how you think this is Gauci's fault or that "he *lima lima lima duck* this up" ??????????
Well for starters he signed fringe players assuming everything would get sorted out. Dont assume till there is a sig on the dotted line is all Im saying.

Rookie mistake which im sure he' learn from
estormboy
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote:

I agree with StormFront .... Michael, how do you propose that it's Gauci fault and/or that he has *lima lima lima duck*this up?

1. News Ltd conspiracy or not, IMHO, Gauci is doing what I would expect any half-decent & competent CEO of an organisation (sporting or not) to do - Stand up for what's best for their troops and organisation.
2. Depending on the article you read, it has been reported that Inglis has allegedly agreed to pay all or 75% of the legal bill incurred and this agreement was part of the consideration required to release him to Brisbane on compassionate grounds.
3. On the strength of the above point, Gauci, Bellamy, Ponnissi etc. probably went about reviewing the playing roster working out who they could hang on too, who they could let go and who they could re-sign, in the knowledge that the $117K legal bill was a non-issue.
4. If Inglis has allegedly reneged or is questioning this part of the release deal with the Storm, then how in the *lima lima lima duck* is that the fault of the Storm, Brisbane or any one else caught up in this saga?
5. Let Nick Pappas take the Storm to court on this one!!! Even if the Storm lose, and they have to pay the $117K legal bill on the 2011 cap, as Inglis is still a contracted player of the Melbourne Storm, Souths will still need our permission/clearance to make the deal and/or register the contract with the NRL. Something I'm sure that would not be forthcoming if they took us to court!!!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The final amount disputed over was 26k, he could have held off signing the likes of Tuu Maori et al leaving a bit of breathing room in case this thing went south.

Not having a big shot at him, just saying dont assume in the sporting world things are set in stone.......... until theyre set in stone.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Inglis unlikely to play for storm every again say Storm CEO.

(sorry if this has already been posted)

"Gauci maintained the Storm's position hadn't changed in regards to paying the legal bill and added that the saga had left such a sour taste that it was unlikely Inglis would be seen in Melbourne colours again."

Source: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/andrew ... 5949009534
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meh, time to move on.

We have some gun kids coming through, and now that Greg isnt going to the Broncs, the title is wide open for the next few years imo.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Meh, time to move on.

We have some gun kids coming through, and now that Greg isnt going to the Broncs, the title is wide open for the next few years imo.
I couldn't agree more it's time to move on, it was time to move on when he left the club but better late than never. It's a bit ironic you saying that though when you say Gauci lima lima lima duck this up by signing players when moving on was exactly what he was doing by signing them! What did you want him and the club to do, sit on their hands and not bring anyone new in until Inglis decides he wants to sign a contract with whoever he feels like on any particular day?

You reckon Gauci made a rookie mistake by signing others (which couldn't be further from the truth, it was imperative we did) but if he had've sat back and didn't sign anyone that wouldn't have been a rookie mistake, that would've been a monumental lima lima lima duck. It just seems you're hell bent on blaming everyone else for this whole drawn out saga except the very man who you should be pointing the finger at.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

@ICE... well said completely agree... and that was my point....

Gauci had to move forward and look to next year.. not sit on a fence and see which way it
might or might not fall. Greg left - end of story. Gauci and others went on with the job
they are meant to do, rebuild for 2011... and there is nothing to say that Inglis would have
ever come back to Melbourne anyway even if we had the money ...

Lets look to 2011 and stop blaming others or each other... bring on 2011 and the Premiership back home...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......