Inglis is unlikely to love the Storm after this mess !

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well.....I think we can safely assume that the Melbourne Storm - Greg Inglis split was not so amicable, straight forward or lovey dovey.

And I think we can safely assume that Greg Inglis will never pull on a Storm jersey again.

Sounds like it's getting nasty....however I can see Storm's point of view that Inglis could have said anytime that he didn't want the appointed legal representative.

And it wasn't like he was going to get someone cheaper to do the job....even if he appointed someone himself !!!!

Oh well...it was nice having GI for as long as we did. Hopefully he'll play in a few Brisbane Shoncos wooden spoon teams over the nex 6 years... :twisted: :twisted: .... :lol: :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 5945720075
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Time to pay the piper.News Ltd said he had to go & did the deal so he could slide into a Broncos top - Now News Ltd don't want to get stuck with his legal bill as part of next years salary cap.

They both deserve all the shit that's coming their way.

Good luck covering up the smell on this one Rupert :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

This is what really shits me about the mess that is a salary cap.

Why would this count in the salary cap for 2011? Surely considering the costs were incurred during the 2010 season that they count for that season only?

It wasn't like Storm re-signed him on a contract for x amount and said, oh by the way we'll cover any legal costs you incur in case you get charged with assaulting your girlfriend at some point during your contract!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good ridance, I don't want him back he left our club when he didn't have to. Left us at our time of redemption. Matt Orford Greg inglis etc etc. He is up there with Jarred Hayne for my hatred now. My girlfriend was trying to harm herself so I punched her in the face. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: Mauritian, we've been through this before.

Inglis had not much choice, its better for us balance wise he did go and I cant belive anyone would take the side of the obviously incompetent NEWS affiliated storm directors.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Love the spin that has on it... its all Storms fault according to that story..GRRRRRR.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 5947436476

Storm cleared him so he can train but he doesn't because Brisbane have to wear
sponsors logos and as he has not signed he can not wear their Jersey... how is this
Storm fault?... He could pay the court cost which enabled him to clear his name
and in turn reap the rewards and financial benefits that brings... but he hasn't.
If Storm pays it is more money that has to go to our Salary Cap issues...
End result either Inglis pays from his money, or the NRL make an
exception for this case so it is not tacked onto Storms salary Cap issues.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

StormFront wrote:Love the spin that has on it... its all Storms fault according to that story..GRRRRRR.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 5947436476

Storm cleared him so he can train but he doesn't because Brisbane have to wear
sponsors logos and as he has not signed he can not wear their Jersey... how is this
Storm fault?... He could pay the court cost which enabled him to clear his name
and in turn reap the rewards and financial benefits that brings... but he hasn't.
If Storm pays it is more money that has to go to our Salary Cap issues...
End result either Inglis pays from his money, or the NRL make an
exception for this case so it is not tacked onto Storms salary Cap issues.

Not commenting.....Just shows how much of a joke Engrish is of a person,cant even pay
his own court costs back to the club that made him a household name

Yes he sucks at speaking,hence Engrish
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... for-inglis

This has become a farce. Looks like Greg will end up at Souths. :o
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Rabbitohs had better sign him now because it will probably wreck our shit if we end up having to keep GI for another year.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Done deal apparently, especially now Broncos have retracted their contract offer.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, like we sucked while he was here ::) .

But the real story is SUCKED IN BRONCOS YOU BUNCH OF SMUG lima lima lima duck.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what happened to lima, lima etc :lol:

PS> SUCKED IN BRONCOS FANS YOU BUNCH OF SMUG, ARROGANT MOTHER*******
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He had it so good down here in every way, an extremely well paying contract, a crowd that adored him and every bit as importantly a laid back lifestyle with relative anonymity that he reportedly loves and enjoys. Now he's not only NOT going to the club he wanted to, it looks like there's a very real chance he may be playing in a city his manager has always said he doesn't want to live in. As much as some people still want to delude themselves that he left soley for the good of the club, he left for the good of himslef and now he's finding out the grass isn't at all greener on the other side. I can't say i'm feeling much at all if any sympathy for him after everything that's gone down. You made your bed Greg now it's time to lie in it.

As for him never coming back to the club, the day he walked out on us regardless of the shit he pedalled saying "it's only for 2 years" in my mind he was never going to come back anyway so this business hasn't made a shred of difference in my thinking. I honestly couldn't care less if he came back or not and like i said 2 months ago when he left it's time to move on and not live on some slim hope he might come back.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What the frack is wrong with this guy, you did the crime do the time, the club is not responsible for what he did, maybe we should of just sacked him. Greg the cash cow is over just pay your bills like everyone has to. Side not where is all the money coming from out of Souths they must be over. If Greg bill is $113000 AND Brisy was paying part of our wage to greg say $100000 and he will want say $500000 per year thats $65000 + a year out of thier cap i would of thourght they would not of had that cash to splash.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bushman wrote:What the frack is wrong with this guy, you did the crime do the time, the club is not responsible for what he did, maybe we should of just sacked him. Greg the cash cow is over just pay your bills like everyone has to. Side not where is all the money coming from out of Souths they must be over. If Greg bill is $113000 AND Brisy was paying part of our wage to greg say $100000 and he will want say $500000 per year thats $65000 + a year out of thier cap i would of thourght they would not of had that cash to splash.
What lima lima lima duck crime did he do.

We did the crime or has that slipped your memory, thats why he's gone.