Brian Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is still alive a kicking. He was at the Melbourne Tigers basketball game tonight having a great time.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and at the races last week

seems like he has come out of hideing
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:He is still alive a kicking. He was at the Melbourne Tigers basketball game tonight having a great time.
What a shame.....doesnt deserve to breathe our oxygen
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:He deserves a kicking.
Edited for accuracy.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I were there, I would have hurled abuse at him until security ejected me. It would be worth it.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:If I were there, I would have hurled abuse at him until security ejected me. It would be worth it.
this.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can I ask you all something?
You say you'd verbally attack him if you saw him? Would you attack Hartigan, Baxter and Marcourt?
Brian Waldron was made out to be the scapegoat, and whilst I'll never agree with the things he did, I can and do see exactly why he did such things. And to find out why, all you need to do is look at the senior News Ltd officials. The same officials that are named above.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

JAMIE wrote:Can I ask you all something?
You say you'd verbally attack him if you saw him? Would you attack Hartigan, Baxter and Marcourt?
Brian Waldron was made out to be the scapegoat, and whilst I'll never agree with the things he did, I can and do see exactly why he did such things. And to find out why, all you need to do is look at the senior News Ltd officials. The same officials that are named above.
Please explain this to me? I hear all of this anti-news stuff. And yeah I don't believe they're sqeaky clean. But how do you reckon Waldron and Hanson are mere scapegoats?
They're hands are filthy and they should not be allowed to just walk away from this scot free. And rich!! It's just wrong!! We've all suffered and so should they.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Explain please.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You don't think it strange that after all the News LTD hype about the "chief rat",that nothing was ever pursued once the independents got shafted & the News LTD chief financial officers took over the running of the club & now that we have a new CEO it's all gone very very quiet & Waldron is out in public once more.
Yes News Ltd are floating the club - blah blah blah.....................................
But a lot of people above Waldron 'at best' knew what he was doing & 'at worst' instructed/assisted what was done.

OUR club will never be dirt free until it is free of NEWS LTD's money & influence.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mate, I don't give a lima lima lima duck if he was one of a group. The fact is he was the CEO - the man responsible. His choices, his decisions. Very few people are truly in a position to walk away if they don't like the corporate line, but he was one.

I am not for a moment excusing anyone else who knew; including Matt Hanson. However, "I was only following orders" is only an acceptable excuse in the military and the involvement of "senior News officials" in no way abrogates Waldron's culpability.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'll explain.

And let me start off by saying that I fully agree that Brian Waldron should indeed face the music. And many of you are wondering why he hasn't. I ask you this question - Why hasn't he? Who are the people who would benefit most if they were indeed as innocent as they claimed, if Brian Waldron was exposed and everything came to light? That's right - Hartigan and his group of men, and that includes the two people who Bourbon Rat mentioned - Craig Watt and Frank Stanton.
You ask yourself why senior News Ltd officials haven't persued Brian Waldron and come up with your own conclusions.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its so damn obvious what happened regarding Waldron. I can't believe people are still asking questions why he wasn't bought to justice.

And you can bet your life on it there will never ever be an article printed about him in the Telecrap again!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sorry guys i may be a bit slow or something, or maybe it's just that i work for a living and therefore are very far removed from this whole corporates and boards and CEO's bs.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not completely naive. I too believe that many others were upto their elbows in this too. Not just Waldron and Hansen.

I don't understand why they'd do it though. Why cheat the cap and keep a paper trail? Are you guys suggesting they plotted the demise also? Or were they not meant to get busted? Were they trying to pump Storm up so they could sell it? Or were they trying to kill it off? And if so, why? There were potental buyers lining up with offers.

I don't understand the role of the Board at all, i've nfi what a board does in any business except get paid loads of money. Could you explain to me how 4 of the board members were completely in the dark whilst the other 2 were knee deep in this mess?

And if everyone's so scared of this monster that is News ltd, including Waldron and Hansen. Then the whistleblower must've had balls of steel? And why didn't schubert and Gallop just bury the news? Aren't they News Ltd puppets also?

And guys like Hartigan, etc. Would they have had much to do with the day to day running of the Storm?

It's my understanding that News Ltd is a multi-billion dollar and multi-national corporation with ownership of many sporting clubs worldwide. How big a deal would the Melbourne Storm have been to them?

I'm not trying to form an argument or anything. I just want to understand why everyone's so anti-News Ltd. And what are the alternatives? And how will it affect the club and the supporters? And why isn't the Fairfax media group trying to capitalize by exposing their competitor's shady dealings?

I'm extremely passionate about the Melbourne Storm, but prior to this year i had no idea who all of these people were (except Waldron of course) and had no care of the Storm as a business, just as a great footy team.

If we were owned by somebody else. Let's say Jayco as an example. For how long could they keep throwing money at us? I beleive that the sad reality is that it will take many more years before we even come close to turning a profit as a footy club.

If i'm explained well enough and agree then i'll be the loudest and most merciless News adversary there is. But until then i will not blindly follow a conspiracy theory.

GO STORM!!!!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The club being run at a loss is basically the responsibility of News Ltd. They have the Melbourne Storm brand that is one of the most recognised Australia wide, yet they fail to profit from this. I have no doubt that if Gerry and a few other very high profiled people buy the club, this will be ammended and you'll see the club running a lot more efficiently.

On your point about why News Ltd were all about plotting the demise, I have a view on this that after further research proved to be closer to the mark than many suggested. If they were ablt to damage the brand as much as they had hoped, then basically our club would've been ripe for reloaction to somewhere such as the Central Coast or maybe another team in Brisbane so that a competitior couldn't cut into News Ltd's stranglehold on the Brisbane market.

On your point about the 4 sacked board members not knowing and the News Ltd one being involved, that's simply a case of Watt and Stanton having information available that the Independents didn't.

You have to also remember that our club wasn't supposed to be as successful as it has been and as such many things have been hurled at us over thr years.

Unfortunateley the ones who suffer the most in all of this are us, the players and coaches along with their families. But News Ltd have never valued the humble supporter, or really the players for that matter. They write, enforce and then break the rules because they know full well that they can. They own the monopoly in Rugby League which means this will continue as long they're involved.

And now a supposed "Independent" commission is due to be formed, however the person most likely to lead this, is none other than David Gallop (A former News Ltd lawyer). If this doesn't demonstrate just where our game is at, then I'm afraid nothing will.