4 Nations - Cooper Cronk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Ok I normally wouldn't start a topic/thread, especially over our own favourite team on any forum but the past week has really started to bug me finally only a few days out from the GF. In relation to the 4 Nations coming up, everyone is talking about JTs' replacement in the #7 jersey. All I hear the las' 2-3 weeks is "Carney this"..."Pearce that"... "Prince something else"!

Ummm hello media... do you not seem to remember a certain GF winning #7 down south by the name of Cooper Cronk? He made the 4 Nations las' year & played well in the time he was given on field. He only missed the 1st 3-4 games this year & when he returned he had way more good games than bad ones. He was in another record-breaking Qld SOO team. He polled well in the Dally Ms' for player of the year. He received the Melbourne Storms' Fan Player of the Year.

Sooo... wtf more does he have to do to have that #7 jersey? I know that playing deep into the Finals means you show your form a lil more... but he was essentially robbed in a way of being able to do so this year. Iono, maybe I'm jus getting older & less tolerant of stuff in general, I am jus' sick of the Media riding certain bandwagons when it suits them...
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk should be 7.. but hey with all this media popularity that pearce is recieving, how can he be ignored?
They may as well put the Sydney Journalists as the selectors.
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I agree. He's not only the incumbent number 7, seeing he filled in for JT back in May against New Zealand, he performed well off the bench in State of Origin, scoring a try in the second game, and he's had a great season.
I've been really annoyed; he's the only potential halfback that's been training in the train on squad, even though he came late because of his recovery from elbow surgery, and just because Mitchell Pearce has 80 minutes extra on the field to impress selectors, they shouldn't be looking past a guy who is perfectly prepared, handles pressure, has great presence and leadership on the field, and is our club's best back.
Also, one of Australia's greatest weapons is their halves combination. JT and Locky can put on a great show, and grind teams into the dirt, but putting a halfback like Pearce into a role that usually has a lot to do with its combination with the five-eighth, it's going to be a disadvantage. Coops, however, has already played in the halves with Lockyer, so he should be in it.
Wow, I rant. Maybe that's because I'm so passionate...
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cronk or the Kiwis win
its that simple
None of our guys arent injured...was hoping to watch atleast 1
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yay! I like JT a little bit more now... not that much, but a little bit.
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Cronk
2. Prince
3. Thurston
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It makes me laugh really.
Cronk will be the 7 for sure if its not Thurston.
Its just to create interest.
If, for some reason Pearce is picked I'll be supporting the Kiwis.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thurston has not been considered due to injury. (or a drunk rampage thru Brisbane)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

TheParraPowerof1 wrote: Thurston has not been considered due to injury. (or a drunk rampage thru Brisbane)
and wasnt brett stewart suspended for 4 weeks for being drunk after the club function? not for the alleged rape claims against him. i hate how the NRL make up these crap excuses! just say it as it is

but anyway i think cooper and prince played better than thurston this year and i also think lockyer wasnt the best no.6 this year and shouldnt be chosen, its getting too much like the aussie cricket team and their 'boys club'
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There has been a couple of Storm or ex-Storm players picked in lead up games to the 4 Nations.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx

Willie Isa has been picked for Samoa who play NZ next week and Kevin Proctor and Arana Taumata have been picked for the NZ Maori team to play England also next week. Well done boys!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:
TheParraPowerof1 wrote: Thurston has not been considered due to injury. (or a drunk rampage thru Brisbane)
and wasnt brett stewart suspended for 4 weeks for being drunk after the club function? not for the alleged rape claims against him. i hate how the NRL make up these crap excuses! just say it as it is

but anyway i think cooper and prince played better than thurston this year and i also think lockyer wasnt the best no.6 this year and shouldnt be chosen, its getting too much like the aussie cricket team and their 'boys club'
He wasnt even drunk!
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:He wasnt even drunk!
More delirious from boredom i'd say ;)
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

luvin.the.storm wrote:
The Eagle wrote:He wasnt even drunk!
More delirious from boredom i'd say ;)

His now after a few news limited assholes,be good to see them get taken down
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well said EAGLE.
News Ltd are the death of footy, simple as that. I'm glad you as a Manly Waringah supporter can see that. I just wish you'd convince the doubters in our club just what this conniving, corrupt organisation are all about.

And on Cooper Cronk, very happy to be seeing him in the Aussie side. Will be interesting how Sheens uses him, and what type of role he is going to play. Unfortunately he doesn't have Brett Finch outside him.