Melbourne is united

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was at the powderfinger concert last night and lead singer Bernard Fanning had a dig at Melbourne having a cheating rugby league team which was resoundingly booed by all in Rod Laver.
Didn't think he thought any Melbourne people would care being a queenslander. Wrong Bernard!!
Lost the crowd for a couple of songs and then tried to grovel his way back and apologised for the league remark.

Well done Melbourne.

(powderfinger were godd though!!)
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

However, there was an awkward moment early in the set when singer Bernard Fanning had a crack at Melbourne's only NRL team, the Melbourne Storm.

"It's alright that you're not at the football tonight," said Fanning.

"It's a big match and you really give a s**t," before the singer added with a smile "Well, you do have your own cheating rugby league team don't you?"
Comment not missed by Triple J or the HS  :roll:

People who live in glass houses................
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Altogether I like Powderfinger the band, Bernard Fanning is a crass, smart ass.

I am glad the crowd booed him. :D
samo
Squall
Squall

at the gold coast concert they announced at fulltime of the round 26 game that the titans had won, trying to get on the band wagon..  but were very quiet about "their" broncos getting the boot from the semi's for the first time in 19 years lol.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wont be buying Powderfingers album.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lol i heard this on the radio,he thinks his bono or something,who by the way killed kids whilst clapping in scotland
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Powderfinger represent everything rubbish about the Australian music industry. They can fark off and die!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]