Lima, Finch and Hoffman

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CentralParkWigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi I am a Wigan fan from 'sunny' Wigan. As you know we have signed this trio of Storm players. I just wondered what Storm fans views are on each of them? Cheers
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

They are all awesomely awesomely amazingly AWESOME. You're so lucky... grr....
:D
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

Lima and Finch are the characters,Hoffy is a bit more reserved but all three will bleed for Wigan when they play.Very sad time losing these guy's for us Storm supporters,but to a man we know they will be a great asset to Wigan (If they handle the cold). Good Luck to Wigan for their season I am sure they have added a few more fans from this side of the world.
What we do today will echo in eternity
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brett Finch: Has the organisational, passing and kicking skills of a first rate half.  Has been good enough to play state-of-origin and I beleive he won the Roosters B&F one year.  Also a quality one on one tackler and never gives up on a play.

Jeff Lima: A battering ram on legs basically.  You just give him the ball, wind him up and let him crash into the opposition.  Good enough to have played several times for New Zealand and a very safe defender.

Ryan Hoffman: Strong wide runner of the ball and has an offload in his game.  Has been good enough to play multiple matches for both New South Wales and Australia.  Also a strong defender.

I don't think there is a storm fan alive who is happy at losing any of these three.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lima and finch are pretty good, hoffman is a hack, no one will miss his on field butterhands.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote: Lima and finch are pretty good, hoffman is a hack, no one will miss his on field butterhands.
You're the only hack who won't be missed :knob:

Hoffy's done very well playing out of position in the centres from time to time too, including a match winning catch and pass off a Cronk kick into Websters breadbasket and TRY against the Bulldogs a few years ago, with about 20secs remaining when we were 2pts down!!

Lot's of great memories from those 3 legends!!

Hoffy got the nod over Mick Crocker a couple of years back. That's a good show of faith from Bellamy. And i've got no doubt we wouldn't have won the GF last year if Finchy didn't join the club. We desperately needed a good 5/8 and we got one of the game's best!!

Lima's value for money around the club even if he doesn't play a game. Wears his heart on his sleeve and is a genuine nice bloke and a joker!! Very funny man!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gutted to lose all three,(though was initially opposed to signing Finchy  #-o )
The up side for me is that they'll be coached by a friendly & familiar face at DW & will be doing justice to the Cherry n White strip  ;-)

Still think a cross club training program /player swop between Storm & Wigan would work  :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Who else do Wigan have?? They will already be going alright next season with these 3 signings. To get NRL quality 5/8, front rower and backrower all in one go puts you in great shape for next season
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Been a few whinges this year about the type of game Wigan play - Usually from team they hammered  :lol:
Hmmmmmmmmm ? Where have we heard THAT before  :-k
Since they're still at the pointy end of their season there's not a lot of focus on next years line up as yet.
Keep an eye on the club site or the independent fan site for news on our 'former Stormers'
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

1999 wrote: Lima and finch are pretty good, hoffman is a hack, no one will miss his on field butterhands.
Yaaaaawn.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I watched the Wakefield v Wigan game when i was overseas and watching Wigan was very similar to the Storms game plan.Wigan pumped Wakefield by 50 points.Wakefields ground by the way is one big shit hole
CentralParkWigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Jim it certainly is AND Wakefield are favourites to lose a franchise because of their facilities.

The great thing about Madge has been that he took exactly the same squad we had the previous season under Brian Noble (He's coming to Penrith Panthers BTW as an assistant coach in 2011) and transformed them. Madge is a fantastic coach with an excellent back up team. He works the players harder than they have been worked before but he is respected by them all despite being a disciplinarian and RIGHTLY selecting players on form rather than reputation.

Hoffman is highly rated over here 99. IMO when I watched Melbourne at their best the difference they had was lots of teams go second man behind the lead runner ad infinitum whereas Melbourne mixed it far more and Hoffman would run a great line and the defence had to mark him properly which in turn created extra time / room for Inglis to show his magic.

Looking forward to seeing all 3 in the Cherry n White. We should be getting better and better, not being far off the best team in the comp now. The Tomkins brothers are pretty special and should both be in the 4N England Squad/Team.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lol put hoffman in  sharks jersey he'd be known as the fitzhenry of the forwards, great clubman, great guy, questionable football ability.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CentralParkWigan wrote:

Hoffman is highly rated over here 99. IMO when I watched Melbourne at their best the difference they had was lots of teams go second man behind the lead runner ad infinitum whereas Melbourne mixed it far more and Hoffman would run a great line and the defence had to mark him properly which in turn created extra time / room for Inglis to show his magic.
Ummmm............No.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So you didnt see the occassional attack where the ball was caught and.. and.. and was lost in the hit up :facepalm:

Feel graced just being in the same stadium as them, and feel free to send 1 or 2 home after their stint ;)