Gallop to Address Storm players to-day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

According to DT to-day Gallop will fly to Melbourne and speak to storm before training to-day.
What we do today will echo in eternity
Thor19
Squall
Squall

It's about 4 months too late....Gallop can deal out the bad medicine but cannot face up to the players until now.
Apparently this has been at the instigation of Ron Gauci - which is a good thing.

However explain to me why Gallop couldn't see that addressing the players was the right thing to do. Why the heck did he have to be asked? That is NOT leadership. The whole process of brining down the penalties was more like a schoolmaster rather than a real leader.
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thor19 wrote: It's about 4 months too late....Gallop can deal out the bad medicine but cannot face up to the players until now.
Apparently this has been at the instigation of Ron Gauci - which is a good thing.

However explain to me why Gallop couldn't see that addressing the players was the right thing to do. Why the heck did he have to be asked? That is NOT leadership. The whole process of brining down the penalties was more like a schoolmaster rather than a real leader.
More like a Sydney Media personality.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he is here right now

I was at training was told he was here

They said he will be out in a hour
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You don't think just maybe he's down here to collect his little trophy,(which I think we still have ?) + a bit of retro PR for the most unpopular suit in the NRL  :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Doboman
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Geez I really dislike this man. The nerve he has.

Did anybody else see him on channel nine news? He used the analogy "there are many people at this club who were passengers in a car that was going 160km/h in a 60km/h zone". What a moronic analogy to make. Being a passenger in that car, you would know that something illigal was going on - and you would even tell them to slow down/let you out of the car if you dont want to be there.

The players/coach (to my understanding) were unaware of this rorting. Theres a massive difference. And that analogy makes him seem ignorant and stupid. But above all, gives all those watching the news that players/coach were aware of the occurances.

Agree?
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/bungur/storm-1.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

today at storm training
Attachments
SANY3215.JPG
SANY3213.JPG
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah i saw that and thought it was a pretty stupid analogy,

Why couldnt he have said something like ,

what people have to understand is that to our knowledge the   people left at this club,  are   honest innocent people and it was only  the actions of a small minority that  ruined things for the larger majority.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Play the ball wrote: Yeah i saw that and thought it was a pretty stupid analogy,

Why couldnt he have said something like ,

what people have to understand is that to our knowledge the   people left at this club,  are   honest innocent people and it was only  the actions of a small minority that  ruined things for the larger majority.

He wouldn't have said that because he doesn't believe it to be the case.
2012 premiers. Legit.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The answer

If it looks like a knob
it sounds like knob
and it acts like a knob
then it is most likely a knob

and this man is one of biggest knobs in our wonderful game.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I want to know why he bothered to come here if he's gonna make f'ked up comments like that. Why pour petrol on a fire that's almost died out?

Remember when Bellamy and Waldron were sued by those has-been wankers on the judiciary over Smithy's 2008 suspension? Surely Ballsup's statement is no less defamatory to every player, coaching staff, and club staff.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

NRL chief executive David Gallop has described his meeting with Melbourne Storm players for the first time since their hefty salary cap penalties as a "worthwhile exercise".

Gallop met with club staff and the players today for the first time since the book was thrown at the club four months ago for salary cap breaches.

But he stood by the league's decision to penalise the Storm by stripping its 2007 and 2009 premierships and forcing them to play for no points this season as necessary to maintain the competition's integrity.

"There were many people down here who were merely passengers in a car doing 160km/h in a 60 zone," Gallop said after the meetings at the club's Melbourne headquarters.

"The mood was mainly positive. There were some forthright questions asked.

"I accept there are many people down here including the players, there are many people that were innocent victims of this.

"We talked about the penalties, the appropriateness of the penalties, and I 100 per cent believe the penalties were appropriate for what happened down here."

Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said he believed both the players and Gallop handled the meeting "respectfully".

"They asked the questions that have been on their minds for some time," Gauci said of the players.

"I thought the mood was good. It was handled very respectfully from all parties.

"It gives us the opportunity to have clarity in the answers to our questions ... and closure in many ways."

Gallop's meeting comes just days before the Storm bring down the curtain on their difficult season against Newcastle at AAMI Park on Sunday.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I could not believe the sentence he made when refering to Melbourne Storm (I saw it on both Fox and Channel 9) with the words "this joint" in it.  What other CEO in the business world would use words like that?  None.  Heis  so unprofessional and this man has a law degree,  I would like to know from where.  I think he should do a course in people managment/skills and public speaking.  He needs to think before he opens his mouth and sounds like a fool.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bushman wrote: If it looks like a knob
it sounds like knob
and it acts like a knob
then it is most likely a knob David Gallop
Corrected for accuracy.