Gallop to Address Storm players to-day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doboman wrote: Geez I really dislike this man. The nerve he has.

Did anybody else see him on channel nine news? He used the analogy "there are many people at this club who were passengers in a car that was going 160km/h in a 60km/h zone". What a moronic analogy to make. Being a passenger in that car, you would know that something illigal was going on - and you would even tell them to slow down/let you out of the car if you dont want to be there.

The players/coach (to my understanding) were unaware of this rorting. Theres a massive difference. And that analogy makes him seem ignorant and stupid. But above all, gives all those watching the news that players/coach were aware of the occurances.

Agree?
Absolutely. But Gallop couldn't give a stuff about that. He only cares about placating to his employers, and to all the mindless cheerleaders in News's Sydney-based media :roll:
glennb wrote: I could not believe the sentence he made when refering to Melbourne Storm (I saw it on both Fox and Channel 9) with the words "this joint" in it.  What other CEO in the business world would use words like that?  None.   Heis  so unprofessional and this man has a law degree,  I would like to know from where.  I think he should do a course in people managment/skills and public speaking.  He needs to think before he opens his mouth and sounds like a fool.
"This joint". That speaks volumes about what he really thinks and how much (read: how little) he really cares, and about the kind of person he is - callous, cold-hearted, self-centred. His attitude is completely f*cked up.  :evil: :evil: :evil:

As the old adage goes, "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Gallop chooses the latter option. He has shown time and time again that he is clearly incapable of running the NRL. His resignation as CEO is long overdue, as is News Ltd's exit from our game.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Blitzkrieg wrote:
Doboman wrote: Geez I really dislike this man. The nerve he has.

Did anybody else see him on channel nine news? He used the analogy "there are many people at this club who were passengers in a car that was going 160km/h in a 60km/h zone". What a moronic analogy to make. Being a passenger in that car, you would know that something illigal was going on - and you would even tell them to slow down/let you out of the car if you dont want to be there.

The players/coach (to my understanding) were unaware of this rorting. Theres a massive difference. And that analogy makes him seem ignorant and stupid. But above all, gives all those watching the news that players/coach were aware of the occurances.

Agree?
Absolutely. But Gallop couldn't give a stuff about that. He only cares about placating to his employers, and to all the mindless cheerleaders in News's Sydney-based media :roll:
glennb wrote: I could not believe the sentence he made when refering to Melbourne Storm (I saw it on both Fox and Channel 9) with the words "this joint" in it.  What other CEO in the business world would use words like that?  None.   Heis  so unprofessional and this man has a law degree,  I would like to know from where.  I think he should do a course in people managment/skills and public speaking.  He needs to think before he opens his mouth and sounds like a fool.
"This joint". That speaks volumes about what he really thinks and how much (read: how little) he really cares, and about the kind of person he is - callous, cold-hearted, self-centred. His attitude is completely f*cked up.  :evil: :evil: :evil:

As the old adage goes, "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Gallop chooses the latter option. He has shown time and time again that he is clearly incapable of running the NRL. His resignation as CEO is long overdue, as is News Ltd's exit from our game.
To paraphrase another old quote mate , " I think the horse has well and truly bolted" ( possibly even galloped away  ;D ;D) where that is concerned
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL= No Real Leadership

Again, I don't begrudge Gallop or the NRL for doling out the punishment but FFS this should have happened months ago.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]