LIVE chat with new Storm CEO Ron Gauci at 10am 26/08/10

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In 30 minutes time folks. I'm surprised there hasn't been anything mentioned on here about it.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... =live-chat

Unfortunately I have an appointment which I made weeks ago so won't be able to contribute.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

10:00
Hi everyone. Ron here. I will be here for thenext hour with a hard stop at 11am and hopefully I can answer as many questions as possible during that time
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:00
10:01

[Comment From jeremy jeremy : ]
is it stil possible to get tickets for the last game
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:01 jeremy
10:01
I believe that with the exception of the member's allocations we are completely sold out which is great
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:01
10:02

[Comment From Sami Sami : ]
Thanks for doing this Ron, we appreciate it. Just got a question regarding the last training session. Normally the boys sign and take photos with fans during this time, will there be enough room for that at Gosch's Paddock?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:02 Sami
10:03
I don't know of anywhere else we could have done this training to accommodate everyone. I sincerely hope that we can cope with the numbers. We have set aside time for photos and signings
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:03
10:03

[Comment From Lee Lee : ]
Fantastic news about the stadium being sold out, a fitting farewell to the boys who are leaving us this year. It's been a tough year for all involved at the Storm but here's to 2011!!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:03 Lee
10:04
Thanks for your support Lee.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:04
10:04

[Comment From Aaron Aaron : ]
Hi Ron, congratulations on your appointment, you have done a great job since arriving. I've really noticed an increase in the social media content, particularly on twitter. Has that been an effort on your part with your IT background?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:04 Aaron
10:05
Thanks Aaron. I certainly undestand the importance of th social media and follow it closely but none of it would have come about without Cactus. He is a real wiz with this stuff
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:05
10:06

[Comment From Ed Ed : ]
Hi Ron. I'm just wondering, with a future hooker in Cameron's son, a future fullback in Billy's, is there a baby halfback on the way?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:06 Ed
10:07
Ed, I am checking the NRL rule book on father son signings. As soon as the Baby Stormers we have added to the ranks this year are able to put their paw print on a contract we will sign them up but there is no little Cronk on the way at the moment
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:07
10:07

[Comment From mia mia : ]
hi ron, as the focus is on the last game and it rightfully should be.. is there anything happening for the last away game for all the sydney fans that cant make it to melbourne? there are a huge group of storm fans from sydney going to leichardt and we are hoping the boys might just come over to the fence to see us or meet afterwards outside the dressing sheds or something??
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:07 mia
10:08
Mia, nothing formal but the players are very aware that they need to say thank you to the SYdney fans and we will make sure they get around the ground for this
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:08

weve gotta be loyal to the mighty storm
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:08 jeremy
Thanks Jeremy
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:08
10:09

What's the status of Reni Matuai? Is he still considering an offer to join the Storm?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:09 Aaron
10:10
Not sure to be honest as we have a number of options we are considering. BUt he certainly was impressed with what he saw.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:10

do you know when memberships wil be out for interstate fans
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:10 jeremy
We are still in planning mode but we won't have anything out until October
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

10:11

[Comment From Barbara Barbara : ]
Good Morning Ron, great initiative regarding our last game. Just wondering how are we looking as far as new sponsors for next year? And to all our departing boys thanks. Go the mighty Storm and roll on 2011
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:11 Barbara
10:11
Barbara, we are in negotiation with existing and new sponsors for next yr. The response has been very positive and encouraging. We will hold all our existing sponsors.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:11
10:12

[Comment From Bailey Bailey : ]
Has there been much backlash from paid up members about the $1 ticket offer? I have heard that there is going to be a few events over the next couple of weeks for members as a thank you. And there is going to be a Premiers Club event and have ticket sales been going well for the Player of the Year night?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:12 Bailey
10:14
Ticket sales have been great and I am certainly aware that we will not ever be able to please everyone. We are listening to feedback and ideas and we are looking at the last week as far as activities go to ensure a proper thank you to the members. The Player of the Yr has been sold out which was absolutely amazing.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:14
10:15

Will there be any opportunity to say thank you to Coach Bellamy for all his hard work during this difficult time? Its an amazing effort on his part to have the Strorm win more games than it did last year, considering everthing that has happned. He is the classieist caoch going around, and it would be great for the fans to say thanks. He's the heart and sould a rugby league in Melbourne, without him there would be a massive void.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:15 Aaron
10:15
I agree. Craig will be there on the ground for the final game. Happy to take suggestions on how we do more than that. We will obviously be doing things at our own internal events.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:15
10:16

[Comment From Renato Renato : ]
Hi Ron, congrats for the sold out! I've been following Storm from Uruguay (South America) since 2008 and I'm pretty confident 2011 will be a great season despite all the farewells, good luck on last 2 games!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:16 Renato
Thanks Renato. Wow!! Uruguay!! Appreciate the support
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:16

[Comment From Rob Beswick-Davison Rob Beswick-Davison : ]
Hello Mr Gauci, Congrats on your appointment. Was wanting to know if there has been any movement on other key player signing in 2011, I have read reports about Troy Thomson from Canberra and Reni Maitua ex Bulldogs player? I know that Woolnough has signed. Will we see any of the NSW Cup team or U20's promoted next year. There are a few spots to fill now... your thoughts?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:16 Rob Beswick-Davison
10:18
Rob, there is a lot of activity around player acquisitions for next year that we will make anouncements on over the next month. The Footy dept are working through the options which will include our involvement in the NSW Cup and our 20's squad
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:18
10:18

[Comment From Chris Chris : ]
Ron....Congratulations on all you have acheived so far....what are your thoughts on a significant salary cap concession for home grown talent that have been developed into superstars by progressing through a clubs junior ranks with the Salary cap only being applicable to players a club has to buy?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:18 Chris
10:19
Thanks Chris. That one is a question for the NRL and I am not sure we are going to receive any concession being based in Melbourne.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:19
10:19

[Comment From Purple Army Purple Army : ]
G'day Ron, Emil here from the Storm Purple Army, just wanted to see if you were aware that we were planning a "Thank You" march from Fed Square to AAMI Park on Sunday 5th of September? I've sent an email through to the club but haven't heard anything since...
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:19 Purple Army
10:20
Hi Emil, not only am I aware but I follow the FB site myself. So thanks for keeping me informed
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:20
10:20

[Comment From debbie debbie : ]
can you please tell me if there will be some tickets available at the grounds, due to not everyone has a credit card. thanks
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:20 debbie
10:21
Debbie there is likely to be a very limited number of tickets at the Stadium but I am not sure what time you would have to arrive to secure them. You may want to try going to the Ticketek Box at Rod Laver Arena. Perhaps call them first
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:21
10:21

The Newcastle Knights have an Old boys initiative each year toward the end of the season? Is there scope for Storm to do a similar things where the old boys (previous players) are invited back, to help celebrate they legacy they left here in Melbourne.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:21 Aaron
10:22
There is a Storm Old Boy's Club and they do come down and watch from time to time.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:22
10:22

On memberships, will there be any amendments to current memberships or will they remain the same?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:22 Sami
10:23
I have just started the process of understanding the 2010 membership structure and offer, with the objective of framing the 2011 packages. I am interested in getting feedback from members and supporters on this. I just ask that everyone is reasonable in their expectations on what is affordable and doable for everyone.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:23

[Comment From Margaret Margaret : ]
We seem to still have a strong team for next year and I for one am looking forward to the beginning of a new season
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:23 Margaret
Agreed. Thanks Margaret
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:23

[Comment From Ian Ian : ]
How are we getting on with decent TV coverage of this wonderful game? Friday night football after midnight full of sex ads is hardly doing you guys service.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:23 Ian
10:24
Ian, agreed. I am in discussions with Channel 9 and Foxtel. Hopefully there is a solution in the new digital channels hitting Melbourne in the new year. But all negotiations are restricted by the current media arrangements in place to the end of 2011
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:24
10:25

[Comment From Lee-Anne Lee-Anne : ]
Ron, just wanted to let you know that Deb in the Membership Department is an absolutely wonderful lady and a very valuable part of the team at the Storm! The pressure that Deb and her team have been under has been extraordinary this year and she has always handled my queries with great professionalism and always fixed any issues very promptly. She deserves a huge pat on her back for her efforts!!!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:25 Lee-Anne
10:26
Thanks Lee-Anne. I have already seen Deb's work first hand and agree. I will pass on your note to her
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:26
10:26

[Comment From Harrison Harrison : ]
Hello Ron, first of all congratulations on your role as CEO. Just have a couple of questions for you. Firstly, I think selling one dollar tickets to next week’s game is a great initiative and it will be good to see AAMI Park packed out. I attend every home game, but since moving to AAMI tickets are quite expensive. Will the club offer more discounted ticket prices for more of their home games next season? Also, with the Rebels coming in next year it obviously means there will be competition to sign young and local talent. What will the club be doing to ensure it is able to retain players and prevent them from switching codes?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:26 Harrison
10:28
Harrison, I think this initiative will be a once off but we will look at special event days next year. We are certainly building a strong development and recruitment strategy to ensure we find and keep the best talent we can get. As for the AAMI ticket prices, I think the answer to saving will be in purchasing an appropriate level of membership which will assist here.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:28
10:28

[Comment From Ian Ian : ]
At least in Uruguay, one can watch the NRL Live through IPTV. When can Victorians support their local team when they play away?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:28 Ian
10:29
Ian, we are looking at options to have a venue for supporters and members to come to, to watch live away games. This is a work in progress
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:29

Testing... testing... is my computer working?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:29 Purple Army
Yes it is
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:29

[Comment From Hyden Hyden : ]
In the 2010 members info guide there were spec ial prizes if memberships were renewed by 5 March. Do you know when these prizes will be announced?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:29 Hyden
10:30
Hyden I am unaware of this but I will ask the membership dept
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:30
10:31

[Comment From paul hingston paul hingston : ]
BIG ASK..... i was the 7th person to purchase a gold membership way back in '98, so i was told by the lady in the office.. and have been a platinum member ever since..back then you had to purchase a full finals set of tickets to guarentee a grand final seat.. after our loss to brisbane i came out of the ground rather dejected and simply handed over my following weeks ticket to an eels fan walking towards me as they had a game the following week.. on the flight home (same as the ansett flight as our boys) i asked marcus bai to wind down the window and toss my ticket out over sydney.. to which nickau asked me for it as he had too much family and not enough tickets for the grand final.. in return marcus said he would give me his jumper from the game, nickau said if he doesnt he would give me his, and chris anderson said make sure you do, didnt end up getting it as too much time simply went by, and after trying to purchase one by bidding at the many stormy stormy nights, have given up..(GI always pushed up the bids!!) the wife always stopped me at a few grand!! QUESTION: have i any hope of nailing one from one of those leaving our magnificent club... many thanks...Paul (Storm since '98 and missed a handful of home games since then..:)
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:31 paul hingston
10:32
We are putting some of these items up for auction at the Player's Award night. If you are there, easy if not then get someone to bid for you I suggest
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:32
10:32

congratulations on your achievements and hopefully we can get Melbourne storm on track again, what are your plans
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:32 debbie
10:33
Debbie, We would like to receive feedback from you on how we can improve the member packages next year. We are obviously moving on signing players and preparing our football department for a huge 2011. We have also commenced talking to existing and possibly new sponsors to the club which is also exciting. The off season is going to be a very busy time.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

[Comment From Lee-Anne Lee-Anne : ]
I have been a proud paid up member of the Melbourne Storm for a long time now, this year has made me realise even more just how proud I am of this fantastic club. The way the club, coaching staff and especially the players have handled this difficult year has been wonderful. We have showed the rest of Australia and all other codes just how great our club is.. and when not playing for points, they play for money for charity. Never been more proud to be a Storm Member1
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:33 Lee-Anne
That's fabulous, thanks Lee-Anne
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:33

Hi Ron, Why do the Premiers Club members have to sit on the opposite side of AAMI Park than we did at Olympic Park? This is especially a massive problem at day games where we have to view the game directly into the sun!!! Could no-one have realised this was going to happen? We have had more day games than I care to remember this year, and I have heard numerous member comments on game day. Will this be rectified next year?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:33 Rob Beswick-Davison
10:35
Rob, I have become more aware of this recently. I think it has everything to do with the direction the TV cameras are pointing. I am not sure what the solution as we all cop the Sun, including the Chairman's Function. Bring on more night games.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:35

Is the general admission seating as part of the $1 initiative in the same area as the General Members section, (yarra end) of AAMI park?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:35 Aaron
Yes. If you want to secure your regular seats, members still have that 15 minute priority access before the general public
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:35
10:36

Love these live chats, any chance we could get some of the players involved on a regular basis? And what about trying to get some of the players on sites like FB and Twitter?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:36 Sami
Yes there are plans to have weekly live chats next year. Also, we will be in talks with players to join the Twitter revolution
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:36

[Comment From Sharlene Sharlene : ]
Hi Ron, congrats on your appoitment at the Storm. i just want to thank you for the last game initiate, i am bringing along 8 people to their first games at the storm and everyone is so excited. But how are the boys coping coming up to the last game, i have a feeling there will be alot of emotion.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:36 Sharlene
10:37
Yes I can tell you that the place is very emotional at the moment
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:37

[Comment From Mark Mark : ]
I've heard rumours that the nsw cup side won't be based in Melbourne next year is there any substance to that rumour? If so where will the team be based next year?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:37 Mark
We are indeed looking at the most effective and productive way of having our players compete in 2011. Still many factors under consideration though.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:37
10:38

With membership seating, is there any reason why the Lexus Centre (Coaches box) side of the Stadium isn't used? Is this because of TV coverage? Would it be possible to allow General Members use of that side of the stadium?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:38 Aaron
10:39
Aaron, yes it is because of the coverage that this becomes the last area to be opened depending on ticket sales. If we just open it up then there is a greater cost to the club. The good news is that this part of the ground will be full on the 5th
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:39
10:39

[Comment From Storm Front Storm Front : ]
Sorry if this has been asked I just joined - WHy have the exterior lights not been on at the last two games when we where told that they are working
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:39 Storm Front
10:40
Good question. I believe there have been issues and that they are still doing testing
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:40

Which Storm players are coming off contract soon?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:40 Rob Beswick-Davison
Every player who was coming out of contract is now signed up for at least 2011
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:40
10:41

[Comment From Lisa Lisa : ]
I just wanted to say that I really believe that the storm has more supporters because of what they have had to deal with this year. The way they continued to play the game, they certainly were playing for pride and their fans, and this was very evident. I have always followed the Storm, but have never been a member. My parents are members, but from next season onwards my parents, and my siblings and their families are all purchasing memberships. I personally am very proud of what the Storm has achieved this year!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:41 Lisa
Thanks Lisa
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:41

I also think the $1 tickets is great - my only adjustment to reward members is have them available for 4 hours to members only then open them to the public. Also would be something great to do for our first game to encourage members at the start of the season.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:41 Storm Front
10:42
Happy to consider all ideas.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:42
10:42

Ron, what are your thoughts on an Independent Supporters Group working closely with the club but allowing them to have a voice and throw suggestions/ideas to the board on behalf of the supporters? the idea has been thrown around on the Purple Army Facebook page and a number of PA Members have approached me in regards to the idea... what are your thoughts?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:42 Purple Army
10:43
I believe that this group is our membership group and I will be attending Member Forums and other events to enable you to have a say. I am happy to pass this on to the executives helping me run the Club
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:43
10:43

[Comment From Guest Guest : ]
Hi Ron, my name is William. Are there any plans for next year for the Storm to play exhibitions games in the gippsland area. Would be great.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:43 Guest
10:44
William, I believe all the trial games have been scheduled already but we can certainly look at it for 2012
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:44
10:45

Hey Ron if your going to ask about Memberships - across the range of memberships there were many things offered but not delivered - I know its been a really bad year - but the club needs to let the members know why these things were not delivered, or if they will still be going ahead - obviously it is to late for some of those benefits to happen now.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:45 Storm Front
10:46
I think members are reasonable in being disappointed with the value of their memberships this year particularly if they indeed upgraded. This has been an extraordinary year. We will do everything we reasonably can to make this up to our members in 2011. I have been following your blogs and social networking comments and have started to adopt some of your suggestions. We set up the away bar at the Bench for away matches. We opened the stadium to fill it for the last game. We are giving the players a proper send off. We are doing this blog. I have appeared at the after match Bench function. So I am trying to respond to what you are telling us. We want your suggestions for next year as well. All I ask for is your patience, your consideration that we need to run the Club as a business and your support as we will achieve much more together rather than if we turn on each other.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:46
10:46

[Comment From Samantha Samantha : ]
HI Ron, firstly, thank you for taking the role with Melbourne. After everything this club has been through I was pleasedn to see that you had taken on the role based on factors other than money - that being the values the club exhibits. I wanted to ask you your strategy around Operational Risk Management and if you have thought about what that looks like for Storm moving forward?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:46 Samantha
10:48
Great question thanks Samantha. I am looking to appoint a new CFO who comes well credentialed in the Risk Management space. We are making sure we have robust processes in place to ensure we never have a repeat of the situation we were in this year
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:48

[Comment From stormsydney stormsydney : ]
I just read that tix for the tigers v storm game are close to selling out! Just letting u know that a heap of Storm fans have bought their tix for this game so its not selling out with just orange and black!!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:48 stormsydney
that's great news. excellent
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:48

[Comment From Frank Frank : ]
Hi Ron, Congratulations on your new postion as CEO at the greatest club ever, will the club be doing anything different for their interstae members ?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:48 Frank
10:49
short answer is yes. We are looking at all parts of our membership and supporter packages
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:49
10:49

[Comment From Terri Terri : ]
I think this cheap ticket option is a wonderful idea, I've never been to a game before and I'm bringing hubby as well. This is a great idea especially in Aussie Rules heartland, who knows how many new fans and members this cheap deal will bring in.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:49 Terri
10:50
That's what we are hoping for Terri. I do know that my aussie rules mates who have seen the game have returned a number of times now excited by our game
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:50

What can we do if we want to work for the Storm organisation?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:50 Rob Beswick-Davison
Send your CV to the HR department here at Storm
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:50
10:51

[Comment From Samantha Samantha : ]
Ron in addition to my earlier comment on risk management going forward. I also want you to know that the love we supporters have for this club is very deep and we look forward to helping you get this club back on track. I would also like to know how I might bring my skills in Fraud Risk and Operational Risk Management to the club and would love to have an opportunity to chat with you about this if you were interested
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:51 Samantha
Thx Samantha, Please get in touch with us at the Club and make an appointment
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:51

i would like to thank you on behalf of my family and other storm fans for answering our questions
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:51 debbie
10:52
a pleasure. Thank you
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:52

[Comment From Harry Harry : ]
folowing on Rob comment why can't the cameras be moved to the side we Premier members sit on and then we could move to the other side. I think it would create a better atmosphere
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:52 Harry
I thin it is logistics. The cameras don't work as well facing in to the Sun. Also all the TV control rooms have been located that side as well
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:52
10:53

[Comment From Glenn Glenn : ]
What a year!! In light of all that has happened i'd like to thank the coaching staff, players and new admin on an awesome and awe-inspiring season and getting us back on track for 2011 so expediently.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:53 Glenn
Thanks Glenn
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:53

The Bench - does profits go to the Storm and Victory? Personally I have been really disappointed with the food their and the cost, and no kids meals? Also coke is $4.30 when we were told drinks at bar prices.. anyway on away games it would benefit everyone if they opened earlier and closed later... I travel for an hour to get there and seems like they can not get rid of people quick enough when the game finishes... if money is going to Storm and it is full why not take advantage of that........ personally I believe the club should make more moves towards a leagues club - promote the club, the game, give back to members and be a money earner as well......
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:53 Storm Front
10:54
Yes we do get proceeds from the Bench. We are working with the catering company to continue to improve what is on offer. Just keep providing us with feedback.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:54

[Comment From William William : ]
Would Craig Bellamy be coaching beyond his contract
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:54 William
Yes as long as I am in the chair he will!
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:54

[Comment From Guest Guest : ]
IS THERE ANY WAY TO SNAP UP TWO TICKETS FOR THE SEPT 5 MATCH???
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:54 Guest
10:56
As stated earlier, limited nnumber at the ground. Come early. We hope that every single member turns up as well and takes their seats so we don't have supporters disappointed about not being able to get in and seeing vacant seats
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:56

I am not sure I am happy that the best seats in the stadium (western side level 3) are not open for members to purchase, and are only sold on the basis that the rest of the stadium is full. This is corporate bullying on behalf of the stadium owners, I for one am not a happy man...
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:56 Rob Beswick-Davison
Sorry Rob. Out of my control
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:56

[Comment From Richard Richard : ]
HI Ron is there a way for us members in a wheelchair to get parking as I see a few parking spots for disabillity parkiing at AAMI park but we are told we can not use them
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:56 Richard
10:57
Not sure why this is the case. I am told that the disabled capablities at the stadium are the best in the country. Please let the club know where you got this information from or contact MOPT. This should not be an issue
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:57
10:57

Are General Admission tickets allocated numbers or first in seats anywhere in General Admission
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:57 William
10:58
first in best seats
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:58

[Comment From Stormfan Stormfan : ]
Hi Ron, I think the Points-For-A-Purpose program has been great for the club this year. I think that by raising money for different charities each week clearly shows that the Storm is truly a tight knit club and have more heart than any other team in the NRL. Even though the Mighty Storm will be playing for points next season is the club considering on continuing the program (eg. donations for every try scored?)
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:58 Stormfan
we are looking at what we do here next year

[Comment From Lisa Lisa : ]
I know that the storm have trained at Oxley College in the past. Will they be training there again?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:58 Lisa
Not sure. Sorry

[Comment From Scott Scott : ]
Hi Ron, is there a trial game scheduled for Melbourne next year?
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:58 Scott
10:59
Yes Scott
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:59

Are the cow bells going to be banned next year Ron. They are a pain during the games.
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:59 William
this is an ongoing issue that we need to sort out before next season. I am not a supporter of them
Thursday August 26, 2010 10:59
11:00
We have one minute left. I will do what I can to answer the last questions and try and get on another time
Thursday August 26, 2010 11:00
11:00

[Comment From Chris Chris : ]
Hi Ron, With only one home game to go before some of our beloved players head off to start a new chapter of their lives. When does the Melbourne Storm intend to honour the commitment of the Premiers Club Membership package of the hosting a members event? Also, what happened to the “Storm Rewards” incentive as a part of our memberships?
Thursday August 26, 2010 11:00 Chris
11:01
We certainly did not deliver against all the member benefits as a result of the year we have had. We are looking at how we address this before the end of the year and in to 2011. I think we can do better
Thursday August 26, 2010 11:01
11:01

Thanks for the blog today Mr Gauci, I am sure you are a busy man, so I appreciate your time.
Thursday August 26, 2010 11:01 Rob Beswick-Davison
11:02
Thanks Rob and thanks everyone. Need to go. Speak again soon
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Ice for the cut and paste job.

:D
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What the..??

Are the cow bells going to be banned next year Ron. They are a pain during the games.
  this is an ongoing issue that we need to sort out before next season. I am not a supporter of them
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Glad no-one has a vuvuzela  ;D

Whilst I dont mind the Cow-Bell if done correctly and not all the time...
I think it can add to the game...

But I know of others who hate it....

Would hate to see them banned...............

Did think it was an interesting comment from Ron though.. a few others in there also.
Along with some avoidance replies - that dont really answer the question.... but overall
at least he did the blog and did offer comments on most things.. so well done on the effort..

I do hope he follows up on the questions that were left hanging and needed further
follow up...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good to see that all current sponsors will be staying on.

The only problem I have with cowbells is when they're out of sync with each other.  No problems with the Thundersquad area - I think it's just that newer cowbell guy near the Bai Stand causing the problems.  I don't think he quite gets it.

I have some membership ideas so I think I'll e-mail them in.
You had me at meat tornado.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote: Good to see that all current sponsors will be staying on.

The only problem I have with cowbells is when they're out of sync with each other.  No problems with the Thundersquad area - I think it's just that newer cowbell guy near the Bai Stand causing the problems.  I don't think he quite gets it.

I have some membership ideas so I think I'll e-mail them in.
Not having a go at your post, I would just like to emphasize that the guy with the cowbell in the area of
The Bai Stand supporters has no association with the Bai Stand supporters. I like that we have the cowbell
in the Thundersquad area and personally I think that is enough. The guy near the Bai Stand clearly has
no idea and if he doesn't watch it he's gonna be told to put it where the sun don't shine. (BTW - he has
been told how to use it but he still continues to use it out of sync - idiot!!)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

someone needs to make mr gauci aware of the history and tradition behind the cowbells, they are a part of the atmosphere at storm games!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote: Good to see that all current sponsors will be staying on.
Speaks volumes as to the amount Gerry Ryan of Jayco loves this club. He's sacked by News Ltd, but still supports the team both financially and on game day from the outer. THIS MAN SHOULD OWN OUR CLUB.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not even this man will stop me from ringing it. I hate the flogs though, who rock up with the bell with no clue how to use it.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Cowbell-Mark wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not even this man will stop me from ringing it. I hate the flogs though, who rock up with the bell with no clue how to use it.
Please feel free to let the guy behind the Bai Stand know how to use the friggin thing - PLEASE!!!!!  He's drivin us nuckin futs!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Brian
Squall
Squall

So i guess me bringing a big double bass drum to a game would be out of the question  ;-)  ;-)
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote:

Please feel free to let the guy behind the Bai Stand know how to use the friggin thing - PLEASE!!!!!  He's drivin us nuckin futs!
Will do - Don't worry we are aware of it too, it drives me insane!