Storm v Tigers.....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The Mauritian wrote: How the hell does Lowrie get a game over Sione Kite?  Crazy selection Bellamy, sometimes I think selection is his worst coaching aspect.  Just because people are hard workers doesn't equate to good performance on the field.  How did Isa get a go over Duffie?  Justin O'neill looking more comfortable all the time, has a bit of GI about him.  Would have liked to have seen Kite & Vea replace Lowrie & Proctor for this game.  Oh well.  Hoffman has shocking hands now, bombed two.  We just didn't have the speed and intensity of the Tigs today looking forward to next week.
Duffie's out for the season, unfortunately. That's what's been causing the really tough selections. My opinion would have been to start Hinchy in the centres, but it seems as though they only put him there if we're in front.
I don't really mind that we lost - all I can think about is the fact that all these guys have only 80 minutes of footy left together - you can see on their faces that they know this.
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: How the hell does Lowrie get a game over Sione Kite?  Crazy selection Bellamy, sometimes I think selection is his worst coaching aspect.  Just because people are hard workers doesn't equate to good performance on the field.  How did Isa get a go over Duffie? 
Perhaps you can step up and take over the selections from Bellyache Mauritian. Just be sure not to pick someone who's out for the season and leave us a man short  :lol:

The armchair critics on this site seem to be growing in numbers by the day.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry I forgot Duffie was injured don't know how I missed that. But Lowrie over Kite? Please.   I can have my opinion.  What about Chisholm over Isa?
Last edited by The Mauritian on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: How the hell does Lowrie get a game over Sione Kite?  Crazy selection Bellamy, sometimes I think selection is his worst coaching aspect.  Just because people are hard workers doesn't equate to good performance on the field.  How did Isa get a go over Duffie? 
Perhaps you can step up and take over the selections from Bellyache Mauritian. Just be sure not to pick someone who's out for the season and leave us a man short   :lol:

Do you want us to move to Sugerplum land Ice where we can all laugh and cuddle and be gay and never have any bad words to say to each other .

Mauritians observation about Craig is fair call not taking into account this game as I dont think he had much options. For good or bad, mostly good, he's a conservative coach
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: How the hell does Lowrie get a game over Sione Kite?  Crazy selection Bellamy, sometimes I think selection is his worst coaching aspect.  Just because people are hard workers doesn't equate to good performance on the field.  How did Isa get a go over Duffie?  
Perhaps you can step up and take over the selections from Bellyache Mauritian. Just be sure not to pick someone who's out for the season and leave us a man short   :lol:

Since you asked though Ice here you go for next week

1.Slater
2.Widdop
3.Neilson
4.Inglis
5.Oneill
6.Finch
7.Cronk(when he gets a new eye)
8.Norrie
9.Smith
10.White
11.Hoffman
13.Blair

14.Hinchcliff
15.Lima
16.Kite
17.Bromwich
Last edited by The Mauritian on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote:

Do you want us to move to Sugerplum land Ice where we can all laugh and cuddle and be gay and never have any bad words to say to each other .

Mauritians observation about Craig is fair call not taking into account this game as I dont think he had much options. For good or bad, mostly good, he's a conservative coach
Not at all Noa, people can have a bad word to say about a player without doubt. That would be obvious given i and many others had bad words (and rightly so) to say about GI who by and large has had a pretty average season and i think it's more than fair to say you didn't take too kindly to that given it was he who was the subject of the criticism, you never do when someone has a crack at Greg. It goes both ways mate.

Last edited by Ice on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The Mauritian wrote:
Ice wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: How the hell does Lowrie get a game over Sione Kite?  Crazy selection Bellamy, sometimes I think selection is his worst coaching aspect.  Just because people are hard workers doesn't equate to good performance on the field.  How did Isa get a go over Duffie?  
Perhaps you can step up and take over the selections from Bellyache Mauritian. Just be sure not to pick someone who's out for the season and leave us a man short   :lol:

Since you asked though Ice here you go for next week

1.Slater
2.Widdop
3.Neilson
4.Inglis
5.Oneill
6.Finch
7.Cronk(when he gets a new eye)
8.Norrie
9.Smith
10.White
11.Hoffman
13.Blair

14.Hinchcliff
15.Lima
16.Kite
17.Bromwich
Speaking of Coops - any news on how he's going??
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

actually ice i rarely respond to criticism of greg  apart from the whole wheres he going saga as i felt he was being crucified for doing soemthing quite a few other players were doing without scorn

occasionally i may respectfully say 'do you even lima lima lima duck know what you talking about moron' or ' he's got ryan hoffman inside him:....RYAN *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing HOFFMAN, HOWS HE SUPPOSED TO DOMINATE', but thats different.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only difference Noa is that the "quite a few" other players who were doing what GI did were for the majority unwanted players or ones that we had to cut and were looking after their livelyhoods. GI was neither one we had to cut or one had to look after his livelyhood because he had a nice $600k odd pay check to take care of that for the 2 years he had to run on his contract. The club made no secret how much they wanted him to stay and did everything to keep him yet he still walked out. That's why he copped the scorn and IMO rightly so.

Anyway I just think given the circumstances of this year of the cap scandal with nothing to play for it's a bit pointless to question the coaches decisions. I mean it doesn't take Einstein to work out that Isa got a crack today because he wasn't offered a contract next year so Bellyache game him one last run before he leaves. I'm sure he has a reason for every decision he's made over the last 3/4 of the year whether it be from a team perspective or a person perspective and it's not like any of those decisions will have a bearing on the season will it? So what's the point in complaing about it?

Yeah he might be a conservative coach at times but if it means he's achieved the great heights that he has with this club by coaching that way then i sure as shit won't complain about a few selctions he makes that some might disagree with and yes, that's even me sometimes. Or do you agree like the majority of other opposition supporters that he's only achieved those great heights because we cheated the cap?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: Or do you agree like the majority of other opposition supporters that he's only achieved those great heights because we cheated the cap?
now your just being stupid.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote: The only difference Noa is that the "quite a few" other players who were doing what GI did were for the majority unwanted players or ones that we had to cut and were looking after their livelyhoods. GI was neither one we had to cut or one had to look after his livelyhood because he had a nice $600k odd pay check to take care of that for the 2 years he had to run on his contract. The club made no secret how much they wanted him to stay and did everything to keep him yet he still walked out. That's why he copped the scorn and IMO rightly so.

Anyway I just think given the circumstances of this year of the cap scandal with nothing to play for it's a bit pointless to question the coaches decisions. I mean it doesn't take Einstein to work out that Isa got a crack today because he wasn't offered a contract next year so Bellyache game him one last run before he leaves. I'm sure he has a reason for every decision he's made over the last 3/4 of the year whether it be from a team perspective or a person perspective and it's not like any of those decisions will have a bearing on the season will it? So what's the point in complaing about it?

Yeah he might be a conservative coach at times but if it means he's achieved the great heights that he has with this club by coaching that way then i sure as shit won't complain about a few selctions he makes that some might disagree with and yes, that's even me sometimes. Or do you agree like the majority of other opposition supporters that he's only achieved those great heights because we cheated the cap?
Are you Craig Bellamy Ice? lol.  I was just saying that sometimes He selects players for being hard workers when on the field they are Shite.  I know why he picked Isa but This is a cut throat industry.  Isa has had his shot.  Could have put Chisholm there.  Which would have showed Chisholm how tough NRL is compared to 20's, which in turn would have maybe made him work harder in the Offseason.  Sorry for thinking about the future instead of getting Willie Isa another club!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Ice wrote: Or do you agree like the majority of other opposition supporters that he's only achieved those great heights because we cheated the cap?
now your just being stupid.

I didn't for one minute think you'd agree with it but was just making my point. That is while he may take the conservative at times he still gets the results on the board and then some which in the end is all that matters.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
Are you Craig Bellamy Ice? lol.  I was just saying that sometimes He selects players for being hard workers when on the field they are Shite.  I know why he picked Isa but This is a cut throat industry.  Isa has had his shot.  Could have put Chisholm there.  Which would have showed Chisholm how tough NRL is compared to 20's, which in turn would have maybe made him work harder in the Offseason.  Sorry for thinking about the future instead of getting Willie Isa another club!
Thats Wayne Bennett rubbing off on him.

But really with Kelly and Widdop playing he had no choice but to give Isa a run a and play Dane in NSW cup as they needed a half.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:

Are you Craig Bellamy Ice? lol.  I was just saying that sometimes He selects players for being hard workers when on the field they are Shite.  I know why he picked Isa but This is a cut throat industry.  Isa has had his shot.  Could have put Chisholm there.  Which would have showed Chisholm how tough NRL is compared to 20's, which in turn would have maybe made him work harder in the Offseason.  Sorry for thinking about the future instead of getting Willie Isa another club!
Mate if you look back in my past posts you'll see that i was and still am all for giving the future of the club a go especially since we've given a free kick so to speak to in that we have nothing to play for. That said i'm sure Bellamy has his reasons for not giving Chisolm a go, maybe he doesn't think he's ready or doesn't think he has the right attitude etc, i'm not going to guess but as i said i'm sure the coach has his reasons and he knows a shitload more than what we do that goes on behind closed doors.

It's no secret he's loathe to give a player a go too early if he thinks they aren't ready so maybe it's just a case of that. Once again the the bloke gets the results on field regardless of what you, i or anyone else might think. You can argue with me until you're blue in the face about the decisions he makes but you can't argue with his results which again the bottom line is all that matters.

Last edited by Ice on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just news on coops after the game we met the guys at the bus he was first out onto the bus he was fine he said he couldnt see for about 30 mins after he came off but he will be fine for next week
And craig bellamy said the finchy proberly wont play next week cause he hurt his neck in training last week and wont be better for a few weeks
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP