Thanks Melbourne.......

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

THANKS MELBOURNE…..FOR WEATHERING THE STORM!
24/08/2010 3:00:00 AM
Melbourne Storm will dedicate its final home game of the season to thanking Melbourne for its ongoing support with the club today launching a ticketing initiative designed at ending 2010 in spectacular style.

The ticketing initiative, launched by Storm CEO Ron Gauci, head coach Craig Bellamy and captain Cameron Smith today, is aimed at giving something back to Melbourne for its support of the club in 2010, with fans able to purchase $1 tickets* for the club’s Round 26 game against Newcastle Knights at AAMI Park on Sunday, September 5.

The Club will donate all ticket proceeds from this match to Ovarian Cancer Australia, who will be the final ‘Points with a Purpose’ charity recipient for the season.

This fantastic fan initiative is being generously supported by our match day partners the NRL, Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust and Ticketek.

Gauci this morning joined Bellamy and Smith in urging as many Victorians as possible to join the club’s almost 10,000 Storm members and fill the stands of AAMI Park for the season’s farewell game in Melbourne.

“It’s Melbourne Storm’s hope that our members will see this as an opportunity to introduce their extended family and friends to the great game of Rugby League in Victoria, showcase our new Stadium and help the Club farewell 2010,” said Gauci.

“In a fitting tribute to the Storm’s departing player list, which includes Club favourites Greg Inglis, Ryan Hoffman, Brett Finch, Jeff Lima and Brett White, what better way to say farewell than to fill AAMI Park with a sea of purple and promote the Club’s electrifying brand of Rugby League.”

Club Captain, Cam Smith, wants the team to end what has been a tumultuous season in front of possibly their largest AAMI Park crowd ever.

“It’s the dawn of a new era for the Club, but it’s important to the whole team that we give the guys leaving us this year the best possible send off,” said Smith.

“Our members have been there with us through thick and thin, but to fill this stadium we will need the help of all Melburnians, so we hope our members will encourage their mates to come along too”.

In an overwhelming show of the Club’s gratitude for Melbourne’s support through a difficult year, the recently appointed CEO announced that fans would be able to purchase up to four tickets per person for a maximum cost of $8.95, inclusive of a $4.95 Ticketek booking fee*. That means all available tickets for the Knights game will cost only $1.

In anticipation of a big crowd and to ensure that fans won’t experience delays at the turnstiles, tickets for this unique game are only available by registering and making your purchase online at Ticketek.com.au.

Download your tickets online and avoid any delays at the gates. It’s that easy. BOOK NOW at Ticketek.com.au and ensure you join us to farewell your heroes.
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... -the-storm!

Spread the word, would be great to have nearly a full house for the farewell game and great gesture by the Storm.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yay...

It's in between my Superrules finals :D

Great chance to bring some friends.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
samo
Squall
Squall

just got my 4 tickets for $8.95 BARGIN!!!!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope we pull 30,000 for this game.
You had me at meat tornado.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

samo wrote: just got my 4 tickets for $8.95 BARGIN!!!!!!
+2...Invited my family who couldn't help knock back the offer.
This day will be a phenomenal day. 

SEPTEMBER 5TH (FATHERS DAY)
THE STORM WILL SHOW THE KNIGHTS...
WHO'S YOUR  :rr: DADDY! :rr:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ron gorci the ceo of the storm on sen radio said they sold 4000 tickets in and hour and were up to 5000 at 11am
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: ron gorci the ceo of the storm on sen radio said they sold 4000 tickets in and hour and were up to 5000 at 11am
they might open up the Western Upper Stand for this game.
The Storm will at least need to score 6 tries so Lima, Tolman, White, Inglis, Finch and Hoffman can have a go at converting.
Maybe 5, with Tolman possibly ruled out w/ injury.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it's a no brainer that they will open up the upper section of the western stand.

we got 29500 to the Broncos game there (1st game) and the stands were practically full

this has the potemtial to be even bigger !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

already have opened it up... that's where i got some tickets for people
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets just hope it doesn't clash with a game at the G for the first week of AFL finals. Though given the top 4 sides have 3 Melbourne teams and Geelong it might be a good chance it will unfortunately. I'm sure we'll still get a good crowd but you'd still have to think it'll impact us.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just rang my boss who is a Knights fan to get him to buy tickets before they ran out - BUT to late only had singles left in all cats then when he tried to get a single there were NONE Available. Hope for his sake it's just a computer glitch
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Categories 1 and 2 only have single seats left - but I'm not sure what the difference between those and "Level 1 Eastern Side" (for example) is.

The Storm site says 9000 tickets have been sold already so we'll be looking at at least 20,000 people at the game.
Last edited by absentee on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You had me at meat tornado.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its a great idea - a full stadium will be great BUT......it doesnt really help us members as such...after forking our over 400 bucks i wonder if their will be any preferential offers next year....its us committed members who have weathered the hard time more than the fans who get in for a buck
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't think the concept is aimed at paid up members as a 'thank you' ?
Having a packed send off for our departing champions is a great idea  =D>
From a cynical business viewpoint it's a fantastic opportunity to say to Joe public
Come & see what all the fuss was about & if you've heard elsewhere that Rugby League in Melbourne &/or Melbourne Storm 'the club' was in trouble and suffering....................
Come and see how wrong that story is  ;-)

Hopefully it can be backed up in the pre season by top marketing & at the start of next year with realistically targeted & priced packages.

BTW - The Thunder squad experiment didn't work for us,so next season we'll be down the opposite end with the rest of the enthusiastic grunts.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: I think it's a no brainer that they will open up the upper section of the western stand.

we got 29500 to the Broncos game there (1st game) and the stands were practically full

this has the potemtial to be even bigger !
I think you mean 20,060