Thanks Melbourne.......

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

So unfair!  :x

The one day I am busy that weekend and it has to be scheduled for that afternoon!!!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormfan wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Its a fantastic idea and I am not one bit phased about it devaluing my membership at all.

I recently emailed the Storm about their 3 game package they released not long ago and got a reply saying they will be reviewing their packages for next year which sounds promising.

Anyway I am more worried about getting 3 tickets for some friends who want to go to the game, but having problems with the site.

Would it be a better idea to perhaps get to a ticketec agency?
I tried calling Ticketek yesterday and they said it was an internet only deal - so I'm guessing that means you won't be able to buy them through an agency either.

I have 3 extra tickets though that I'm trying to give away if you're interested
Thanks StormFan for your kind offer.  Can I pm you by tomorrow night?  One of the girls was trying to purchase them online via her work computer and I have not heard back from her yet.  Work has been frantactic for both of us.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pretty sure it is sold out already now.  Says allocation exhausted unless they have more to release.  Now lets just hope everyone turns up.  I predict 29,560 out of 30,500.  Please don't rain.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
stormfan wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Its a fantastic idea and I am not one bit phased about it devaluing my membership at all.

I recently emailed the Storm about their 3 game package they released not long ago and got a reply saying they will be reviewing their packages for next year which sounds promising.

Anyway I am more worried about getting 3 tickets for some friends who want to go to the game, but having problems with the site.

Would it be a better idea to perhaps get to a ticketec agency?
I tried calling Ticketek yesterday and they said it was an internet only deal - so I'm guessing that means you won't be able to buy them through an agency either.

Thanks StormFan for your kind offer.  Can I pm you by tomorrow night?  One of the girls was trying to purchase them online via her work computer and I have not heard back from her yet.  Work has been frantactic for both of us.
I am sooo sorry CooperCronk,  but I actually gave them away last night!!

I checked on here before I did but obviously it must have been before your post.

so sorry again
Last edited by stormfan on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon they would have sold the same number of tickets at $5, maybe next year.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormfan wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
stormfan wrote: I tried calling Ticketek yesterday and they said it was an internet only deal - so I'm guessing that means you won't be able to buy them through an agency either.

Thanks StormFan for your kind offer.  Can I pm you by tomorrow night?  One of the girls was trying to purchase them online via her work computer and I have not heard back from her yet.  Work has been frantactic for both of us.
I am sooo sorry CooperCronk,  but I actually gave them away last night!!

That's okay....thank you anyway.

I checked on here before I did but obviously it must have been before your post.

so sorry again
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i have two tickets if u want them
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:
storm_rhinos wrote: Its a great idea - a full stadium will be great BUT......it doesnt really help us members as such...after forking our over 400 bucks i wonder if their will be any preferential offers next year....its us committed members who have weathered the hard time more than the fans who get in for a buck
Completey agree.
My main beef with the $1 tickets are that I am a member, albeit on a general admission ticket, but felt compelled to buy a $6 ticket just to ensure I get to see the game! The $1 tickets don't really say thanks to the members at all. We are the ones who have already paid up! The $1 seats will benefit nonmembers and first-timers. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that as many people as possible will get to see the game. But to palm it off as saying thanks to us...well some thanks...I paid for my seat twice!
I don't understand why you bought a ticket?  You already had one in your membership - they count as tickets already sold, so the quota of $1 tickets was after the membership tickets were counted
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/david ... 5910674612

Whats the deal with them saying 15,500 tickets sold.  Last time I looked stadium was 31,500.  We don't have 15,000 members.  And TUGGA why the hell did you buy a TICKET IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER?  THIS IS WHY IT WILL NOT BE A SELL OUT.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wondered that as well.  Maybe they capped it at 15,500.  Remember the only one making money is Tiketek and the food vendors.

or maybe the rest are corporates??
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: i have two tickets if u want them
The girls got some.  Again thanks for your offer.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Sporting gods has smiled upon us :angel5: , and there are no AFL match in Melbourne on Sunday.

Friday,  September 3

Second Qualifying Final, Geelong Cats v St Kilda at the MCG, 7.45pm

Saturday,  September 4

Second Elimination Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn at Subiaco, 1.20pm

First Qualifying Final, Collingwood v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 7.20pm

Sunday,  September 5

First Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Carlton at ANZ Stadium, 2.40pm
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

YAY.  We will have this day to ourselves.

It will be our Grand Final and its in Melbourne ;D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Excellent news. Now lets hope the weather gods are smiling on us as well, i know we'd still get a good crowd if it pissed down but i'm sure it would also keep some home given they only paid $1 for a ticket and wouldn't be losing much by not attending.
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If anyone has a spare ticket I would love to get my hands on it for a friend :)
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?