Fan Ejected From AAMI Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
This time, an AAMI park security guard approached me and asked me to move, to which I refused. I pointed out that I was standing on the footpath, and that if he wanted to move me
Having been a licenced security guard I would have definitely asked for this blokes number & informed him that both he & the firm running security would be hearing from someone,as he had just commited an act of public harassment.

The people running security at AAMI Park have spent so much time dealing with soccer hoons that they have lost track of what - when - where their boundaries as guards are.

If your reading this Storm admin I SUGGEST YOU RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM ASAP !
Since as the 'event tenant' you will also be legally liable.
To be fair mate, their have only been two Melbourne Victory matches at AAMI park. Us Victory fans aren't the problem and neither are us storm fans
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

thunder wrote: That's exactly what he's trying to do in his own way.

I abhore censorship of any kind and my belief is that you are misguided in thinking Jamie is not doing the right thing.

We Storm fans, let those weak bastards at News and the NRL get away with murder. We did not nearly do enough to voice our disgust and opinions re this matter. We sat there and swallowed the bullshit we were fed and accepted it as a matter of fact. Pathetic, weak and really ignorant.

I tell you what, try doing what they did to the Storm to a European football club! They would neber get away with it unless all was honestly transparent.

Jamie I applaud your efforts and am ashamed that all Storm fans don't agree with you. You are truly my hero!

The beauty of this board is that we can openly discuss things... and yes at times we all have different views.

I dont agree with Jamie being ejected from the stadium, nor do I support what NEWS LTD have done.

I also think that GlennB should not have been questioned on the banners.

Some of the security seem to be novices to their jobs at times, and I have also had a run in regarding
a banner, which was not mine, but I did stop and question security, who relented and left the
banner up after my interjection.

By Jamie
Re: Can anyone tell me the reason given for the Cowbells being confiscated?
« Reply #55 on: 21 June 2010, 22:51:37 »
Simo
The banner doesn't block any advertising sign, as there are none where I hang it in front of our seats. It's just plain concrete.
Of course Simo, I'd have understood if I was blocking an advertising board. The fact of the matter is, I wouldn't hang there in
the first place. I went to the Canberra game and saw some disgusting things written on banners around the ground as it was
stated in an earlier post. There were things written on them there were horrible to say the least. My banner didn't involve any
swearing, or anything offensive. It merely sent a message to whoever sees it, that we as supporters, love our club, and won't
stand for this continued mistreatment by David Gallop, New Limited and the NRL.
index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=56&topi ... #msg113005

Not that it really matters but Jamie given your post in this above quote from a previous thread
I do believe you did know that signs should not be posted in front of advertising - in what ever form.
And it is shown on the screen at every game and has been discussed at length on this board....

Does not mean I agree with it ...
Last edited by StormFront on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

thunder wrote:
StormFront wrote: Whilst I agree with your message I dont agree with the manor in which you put it across.

You went for sensationalism and you got it.. you got coverage for your cause but at
what cost to all Storm Supporters.

We all know that signage can not cover advertising... which your sign was.

My fear is that by continuing in this manor all signs will be banned, a tradition which has
been very strong at all Storm home and away games. We pride ourselves on our passion,
our run through banner and support from the crowd towards the team....

I hate News Limited - whilst you have a campaign against them keep in mind
the impact your actions have on all Storm Supporters...

Lets move forward and work toward an independent NRL, and Storm out of News Ltd hands.

There is no doubt you are passionate, but I feel misguided in your efforts.
You could do so much more that would have a positive impact for the club.
??? ??? ???
That's exactly what he's trying to do in his own way.

I abhore censorship of any kind and my belief is that you are misguided in thinking Jamie is not doing the right thing.

We Storm fans, let those weak bastards at News and the NRL get away with murder. We did not nearly do enough to voice our disgust and opinions re this matter. We sat there and swallowed the bullshit we were fed and accepted it as a matter of fact. Pathetic, weak and really ignorant.

I tell you what, try doing what they did to the Storm to a European football club! They would neber get away with it unless all was honestly transparent.

Jamie I applaud your efforts and am ashamed that all Storm fans don't agree with you. You are truly my hero!
=D> =D>

We don't even have to look as far as Europe for an outcome.
Lets look in our own backyard.
I am sure that if Storm were an afl club, this whole drama would have been handled with much more dignity.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cowbell-Mark wrote: To be fair mate, their have only been two Melbourne Victory matches at AAMI park. Us Victory fans aren't the problem and neither are us storm fans
Unfortunately Mark the security people are setting the tone according to the minority trouble makers that they've always had at soccer matches - flares - busted up seats - gang fights,(In 11 seasons of RL I cannot recall either of the first two items & only two,possibly fights all involving 2 or 3 people at most ?)
We're only talking about a few people here but the SAME response is being metered out to every single fan of both codes at the slightest 'perceived' provocation.

We,(the fans),will never be listened too by MOPT,so If the club doesn't address this issue it will continue.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote: Security at this place is a joke.  We got stopped Saturday night and told we could not bring our signs in because the sticks could be used as a weapon.  When we told him, that we have bought them in to every game this season got very upset and said it is in the rules of entry to the staduim and we could not bring them in.  I asked him to show me and copy of the rules and prove to me that what he was saying was right.  He could not do this, so I took the banners in. 

We are family and we have taken these signs to Olympic Park for years.  These signs have also been in Eithad Stadium,  Me Stadium Perth and Homebush for four grand finals and there has never been a problem.
Security hassled me about my flag at the Souths game the other day as well. Then supporters said that I was there every week & wasn't hurting anyone.

The club store my flag pole at their offices. Rain hail or shine Chloe from the club office comes out with the flag & pole before every game & comes back at the end of the match to pick it all up for me. It makes like a million % easier.

No offence Adam. I believe in what you stand for, but when it comes to News Limited, what do you expect? We know they are evil power mongers who in my view have been well aware of the ill-goings-on at Storm headquarters for years. But we also know that they know the power of the media more than anyone. A banner = bad publicity.

Mate, a banner is only going to get you into trouble. It is too obvious. News Limited can see it & have it taken away. And as we saw with you, have patrons taken away as if they are Chinese students at Tiananmen Square.

Be subtle with your protests & you will have more chance of getting away with it. Displaying a banner like that (even if what you wrote is 1000% correct) is like waving a red rag at a bull.

I'm kind of tired of fighting any more. I just want to watch the football & try and keep match day as normal as possible. Does anyone else feel the same as me?

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We sit right below Jamie.  We were DISGUSTED by what happened. This is Australia, and the security guards had NO RIGHT to do what they did. There are always signs around the ground, I love seeing the Super Cooper sign, the Bai STand sign (which has been MIA the last few games???), the We love Storm Man sign.  Did Security approach the owners of these signs? 

It was a Foxtel game, so I guess that's why they created such a fuss, but to get the Police to eject a paying MEMBER for no justifiable reason is disgusting.

We had an idiot at the State of Origin at Etihad last year, who was spilling beer over people, swearing every second word, trying to pick up teenage girls around us, a complete looser. What did security do? NOTHING. 

But now, MOPT has found a Security Firm who will kick people out because they cover a bit of the "Welcome to Aami Park" signage???  Rediculous.

This issue isn't about a sign, this is about the security at Aami Park thinking that they are demi-Gods.  If we don't complain about these things, soon enough we won't be allowed to take flags into the game.  After that, who knows. They need to remember that we are watching a footy game. 

Perhaps they think they are Airport security guards???  They need to get a life, and let us have fun and express our love and support for our team.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the fuss with Jamie's signs.
Those signs are having a direct go at the owners of Storm, like them or not they are our clubs OWNERS and there's not much we can do about it. Reality is that without News there'd be no Storm so we're stuck with that fact until they decide to sell up & move on, we might not like it but that's the way it is.
Whether you agree with the way News runs the club is of no consequence to them, the fact remains that having a go at News is having a go at the club as a whole - that's why derogatory signs aimed at News will always cause a ruckus.

Being a paying member is also of no consequence because our membership give us no rights where the club is concerned except to attend games.  We are not part owners of the club that's not where our membership dollars go.  We do not have rights in electing board members nor do we have a say who is employed by the club in any capacity. 

I'm expecting some abuse for this post but you can't deny the facts people.  Any company would do the same thing (get rid of offensive signage) if someone was denigrating their company name.

Personally, I'm over the whole thing, News still own the club and whilst I don't actively support them nor agree with the handling of things there's nothing I can do about it since I can't afford to purchase the club from them and constantly slandering the owners of my team seems childish and petty.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
thunder
Squall
Squall

Perhaps if our CHERISHED owners weren't so in denial about the whole situation, they might endear themselves to the fans!

If it wasn't for all the paying members who buys memberships, merchandise, memorabilia and so on there would be NO Storm and the NRL would not be a national competion. What you seem to forget is the 10,000 members and legions of fans who are part of that club as a whole.

If those fans who love the club and aren't in it for the $$$$$$$ should decide not to turn up to a game then what is the point. The Storm is there for a reason - 1/ to make it a national competion 2/ TV rights - FOX sports 3/ a bargaining tool for News and the NRL who are in bed together.

Where there is a conflict of interest, no transperancy, censorhip, internal audits, lying, cronism, nepatism and a blatant disregard for what the members may think then I'm afraid that the owners deseve no respect and far as I'm concerned, can go lima lima lima duck themselves! Who are they trying to kid by transfering Ingliss to their other club, the Broncos! We are seriously delusional if we for one moment don't think that stinks!

Respect is earned and the opposite has happened. News are in contempt of all decency and honesty. The fact that they got off so lightly by people with your views is an absolute blight on our fans. Try that with the Broncos, Collingwood or the Rabbits and i tell you what, Jamie's banners would pale into insignificance!

Without us News is up the wall so please spare me your caring view and wake up to reality! They are totally lima lima lima duck with us and people like you can still come up with a post such as yours! You are not a realistic but a sucker for the drivel of a view that is pro the owners of the club! PLEASE!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Thunder, I worked at the club and know just how little membership contributes to the club coffers so when I say it's not a lot it's a fact. I am NOT pro- News at all!  Maybe if you take the time to read my post without your blinkers on you'd see that I was stating the fact that as our owners News is here to stay until someone can buy the club from them and they will run their business however they wish because they don't care about us as members!

I have no way indicated I care at all about News but simply stated the fact that there would be no Storm without News, I don't like it but that's the FACT. 

You can try to twist my words around as much as you like but to say I'm a fan of News is totally laughable.  I hate the way things have been done since Reebs & Johnsy have gone, the way the family feel is lost to the club and treatment of members is disgraceful, I feel sorry if you can't understand that my opinion is in no way pro-News but that's your problem.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:Personally, I'm over the whole thing, News still own the club and whilst I don't actively support them nor agree with the handling of things there's nothing I can do about it since I can't afford to purchase the club from them and constantly slandering the owners of my team seems childish and petty.
What slander?

What in the banners is not true?  :lol:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy wrote:
Tigger wrote:Personally, I'm over the whole thing, News still own the club and whilst I don't actively support them nor agree with the handling of things there's nothing I can do about it since I can't afford to purchase the club from them and constantly slandering the owners of my team seems childish and petty.
What slander?

What in the banners is not true?  :lol:
Oh don't you start - you know what I mean  :P
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

btw Tigger is spot on.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigger

I realised I said I wouldn't respond, but feel I need to say this:

Officially you're 100% wrong. As I was told by Mr. Gauci himself, the statements on the banner had nothing to do with me being ejected. However I share the same belief that this indeed was the reason, but if Mr. Gauci was a man for the supporters as he claims, then why would he lie to us? Is he just another News Ltd puppet?

And also, the club can indeed survive without News Ltd. Are you aware how close the club came to being sold earlier this year? I honestly would have thought you'd have checked that before you posted it, however in any event what you are saying is incorrect.

I suggest you go and do some research if you are interested in learning how the can survive without News Ltd, because it's all there in black and white, and it's contrary to the claims of Mr. Gauci and indeed News Ltd.

Finally, thanks to everyone who has sent me messages of encouragement and support. Through email, facebook, here, mobile and postal, I would've had hundreds and hundreds of messages from Storm supporters urging me to continue the fight, so once again to all these people - Thank You, and rest assured, we'll keep fighting until our independent directors are back, and News Ltd is out.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Jamie, you must not have read my post properly (as with some others out there) again you are completely missing my point. 

I did NOT at any point in my post say Storm could not survive without News at all.  What I DID say is that right now Storm is OWNED by News and until they sell up and move on there is not much we the public can do regarding the running of the club. Like it or not that is a FACT. (which by the way I do NOT like but I can't afford to purchase the club myself)

We all know Storm are a viable product and when News do sell the new owners will choose the board members who will work for the best interests of the club but until that happens News will not put any dissenters on the board.

You do not seem to understand that whilst News owns Storm there will NEVER AGAIN be true independent members on the Board of Directors!  That is what my post was about.

Regardless of what the members want, News will run the club their way - THAT is a fact.  Anyone who thinks otherwise has their head in the sand.
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

you are 1000% correct there Tigger ;D
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?