Troy Thompson to Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ABC Radio Grandstand has reported he has  been offered a 1 year deal with the club.

I spoke to family from the Raiders and they said he is going to accept the deal. Good news  :) Also I have heard that a couple of Raiders under 20's players maybe be making the move down to Melbourne.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

30 year old signing? lets hope he adds maturity and some grunt instead of what koopu added
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im sure some absolute genius floated this idea a couple of weeks ago and how his personality would be a great asset for us.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: 30 year old signing? lets hope he adds maturity and some grunt instead of what koopu added
You want numbers. I'll give you numbers

12 games 47min - 37mtrs - 17.8 tack - 0.3tb 

11 games 37 min - 76.5 mtrs - 23tack - .9tb
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote: ABC Radio Grandstand has reported he has  been offered a 1 year deal with the club.

I spoke to family from the Raiders and they said he is going to accept the deal. Good news  :) Also I have heard that a couple of Raiders under 20's players maybe be making the move down to Melbourne.
Chee Kam back would be nice.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thompson will be a good signing for the Storm if this is true.

He's a solid player and he might be getting on, but having someone of his experience can only be useful for next year's forward pack.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A 30 year old who Canberra didn't want.  They took Brett White And We get a Brett White replica but much older.  Why do you guys think this is a good signing, something I missed?  Ps did anyone see Thursday night live?  Host Adam Hawes got to the storm cronulla game and said no one cares about this game so we will move right along(which they did.  The only team not reviewed)  Co%ksucker
Last edited by The Mauritian on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote: A 30 year old who Canberra didn't want.  They took Brett White And We get a Brett White replica but much older.  Why do you guys think this is a good signing, something I missed?  Ps did anyone see Thursday night live?  Host Adam Hawes got to the storm cronulla game and said no one cares about this game so we will move right along(which they did.  The only team not reviewed)  Co%ksucker
Brett White 300k
TT 100k

Similar impact on the field.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: A 30 year old who Canberra didn't want.  They took Brett White And We get a Brett White replica but much older.  Why do you guys think this is a good signing, something I missed?  Ps did anyone see Thursday night live?  Host Adam Hawes got to the storm cronulla game and said no one cares about this game so we will move right along(which they did.  The only team not reviewed)  Co%ksucker
Brett White 300k
TT 100k

Noa beat me to it. 

We don't have too much of a choice right now and who knows, Bellamy might be able to weave some magic with him.

btw what is Thursday night live?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Freshy wrote: ABC Radio Grandstand has reported he has  been offered a 1 year deal with the club.

Chee Kam back would be nice.
I believe both are better prospects then Mike.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote:
Brett White 300k
TT 100k

Noa beat me to it. 

We don't have too much of a choice right now and who knows, Bellamy might be able to weave some magic with him.

btw what is Thursday night live?
I think it's the weekly sports preview/ review show on One.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

And according to Voss on the NRL Footy Show, we are possibly in the market for Reni Matuia. Beggars cant be chooseres when it comes to us atm building for next season. Experience from those two I wouldnt knock back...
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Brett White 300k
TT 100k

I'm happy with that part.  I just hope he doesn't get preference over Norrie, Bromwich, Kite & hopefully Waqa
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

J-Storm wrote: And according to Voss on the NRL Footy Show, we are possibly in the market for Reni Matuia. Beggars cant be chooseres when it comes to us atm building for next season. Experience from those two I wouldnt knock back...
reni? the only person to see adverse affects from performance enhancing drugs
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't be surprised if we're after Reni. He does play a little bit of five eighth too.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]