Nielsen stays for 2 more years.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

MELBOURNE Storm has fought off a strong challenge from the Canterbury Bulldogs and re-signed starting centre Dane Nielsen for the next two years. Hot on the heels of the departure of Greg Inglis, Nielsen agreed to terms with the club this morning having strongly considered a lucrative switch to Sydney. Nielsen, who established himself in the starting 17 late last year and played in the grand final, has played on one-year deals for the past two seasons and finally has some security.  The 25-year-old was reportedly one of three players who could have been forced to leave if Storm chose to retain Inglis.But Nielsen?s signature means Storm retains a potent backline with young wingers Matt Duffie and Justin O?Neill and his likely centres partner of Chase Stanley.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 5904919464
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Awesome.
You had me at meat tornado.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From another article
The Storm also announced on Friday they had re-signed backup hooker/five-eighth Rory Kostjasyn for a further two years.
Link
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Sweeeeeeet! And who said Friday the 13th was meant to be a bad, black & unlucky day? Well Done Dane, you deserved every bit of that contract  ;-)
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is the re signing of Kostjasyn a sign of either:

a. Hinchy is going or
b. Smith might move to 5/8?

I think rory is a first grade dummy half, easily the best in premier league, and i dont think its too farfetched to think he could replace hinchy or possibly smith in their current roles.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Is the re signing of Kostjasyn a sign of either:

a. Hinchy is going or

I think rory is a first grade dummy half, easily the best in premier league, and i dont think its too farfetched to think he could replace hinchy or possibly smith in their current roles.
a. The club said stated there will be no one else leaving.

And I wouldnt say rory is a first grade dummy half. He would make a good utility but still needs alot of work to be competing at the 9 on a consistent basis.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Possibly a sign that Rory could be molded into Melbourne's five-eighth next season?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote:
1999 wrote: Is the re signing of Kostjasyn a sign of either:

a. Hinchy is going or

a. The club said stated there will be no one else leaving.

And I wouldnt say rory is a first grade dummy half. He would make a good utility but still needs alot of work to be competing at the 9 on a consistent basis.
The club stated no more CONTRACTED players would be leaving.

Rory was the best hooker in NSW Cup all year and dominated the origin residents game. He's also our captain and leader in prems and at such a young age with this 2 year deal being announced so early (indicating priority) i wouldnt be shocked to see him in the 17 for round 1 2011.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rory was the best hooker in NSW Cup all year and dominated the origin residents game. He's also our captain and leader in prems and at such a young age with this 2 year deal being announced so early (indicating priority) i wouldnt be shocked to see him in the 17 for round 1 2011.
a. Good point

As you know, the step up from prems to FG is huge. It wouldnt be farfetched to say he could take over Hinchy's role if he moves on. But at the 9, Im not sure hes ready for it yet. Its such an important position in modern day footy and if we were serious about contending for a title next year, I wouldnt move Cam away from hooker.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote:
a. Good point

As you know, the step up from prems to FG is huge. It wouldnt be farfetched to say he could take over Hinchy's role if he moves on. But at the 9, Im not sure hes ready for it yet. Its such an important position in modern day footy and if we were serious about contending for a title next year, I wouldnt move Cam away from hooker.
TBH this opinion i've formed all comes down to the fact i dont believe we need a hooker on the bench. Hinchy is a lock, we all know it. But with both Rory and Cam on the field at the same time sharing the workload between them, and both playing 80 minutes which they are more than capable of doing i just think it could be 1 way to go while carrying 4 forwards on the bench for better rotation of our young forward pack. But your right i doubt cam will be moved out of the #9.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo enough said
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

J-Storm wrote: Sweeeeeeet! And who said Friday the 13th was meant to be a bad, black & unlucky day? Well Done Dane, you deserved every bit of that contract  ;-)
Unlucky and bad news for every other team!!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Unlucky and bad news for every other team!!
Welcome to the forums :) first post I see lol.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

On the official site now confirming the 5 re-signings so far. O'Neill, Nielsen, Kelly, Norrie and Kostjasyn.

Link
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good re-signing, was very patient with the Storm management.

Hopefully by the 2nd half of the season he is on the wing.