Brett White will play for Canberra Raiders next year

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 11vch.html

Brett White will play for Canberra Raiders next year
Melbourne Storm prop Brett White will join Canberra next year after the troubled NRL club agreed to release him.

White's first preference was to stay in Melbourne, but having been raised in Cooma, Canberra was seen as his second preference.

The Storm are shedding player to deal with their salary cap breaches which resulted in the NRL stripping the club of two premiership titles in April.

White joins an exodus of players from Melbourne with Ryan Hoffman, Brett Finch and Jeff Lima heading to Wigan while Aiden Tolman and Ryan Tandy have gone to the Bulldogs. There is speculation that Adam Blair may join the Warriors while Greg Inglis has been linked with the Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Clancy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Odd signing for the Raiders. Would have thought forwards were their strong area. Backs would be more of a concern I would imagine.
Anyway, thanks for the blood, sweat and tears Brett. Just remember to short step the shoulder charges against the Storm in the future.
It's Storm season.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Damn.  Thought he might've been able to stay with Greg (possibly) going.  I suppose these guys can't wait around for ever!

Stupid Broncos.  :x
Monsoon
Monsoon

If GI is leaving surely bellyache would of got his wish to keep white. Also hearing blair nielsen and quinn are on the way out. Surely GI is staying.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

haha.. i dont pay to much attention to these sort of articles.. theres been so many articles saying different things..
ill just wait to its all officially done before i beleive any of it..
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

simo wrote: haha.. i dont pay to much attention to these sort of articles.. theres been so many articles saying different things..
ill just wait to its all officially done before i beleive any of it..
Trust me their gone
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

i feel a pain in my heart.. it hurts bad.  :icon_frown:
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gonna miss you Whitey! Even though you will be the opposition next year I'm glad you're still in the NRL.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

I love Cooper wrote: Gonna miss you Whitey! Even though you will be the opposition next year I'm glad you're still in the NRL.
This  :(
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I love Cooper wrote: Gonna miss you Whitey! Even though you will be the opposition next year I'm glad you're still in the NRL.
+1                                              Been a great player for the club  :icon_frown:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I suppose in a black comedy/tragedy sort of way...if we hadn't retained players by being 1.3m over the cap...then a lot of these departures might have happened over the last 2 - 3 years.

We've had a few great players for a bit longer than we might have had them.

I know it's a peverse way of thinking...but it's all I've got at the moment.

I'm a complete and utter emotional wreck at the moment....22/4/10  - 10/8/10....forever will be known as BLACK 4 MONTHS
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks for the Memories Brett White good luck at Canberra
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whitey thanks for your 120-odd games with the Storm, good luck at the Raiders.