How exciting does Sione Kite look !!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching the replay on Fox tonight, Kite looks like a massive unit with height as well. He looked good today live....but I could really pick out his work on the replay.

Looks like he could potentially be a useful replacement for White and/or Lima.

Love to see a front rower eager for work and with some height....makes it even harder to bring them down.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree, very impressive.

10 hit ups for 100 m and 15 tackles in 28 minutes, looks the  goods .
Should partner noz in the starting frontrow next year.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looked very strong, ran hard like a pf should. Not used to seeing it for a few years. What Id like to know is why it took so long to make his debut, should have happened a month or so ago imo.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote: Watching the replay on Fox tonight, Kite looks like a massive unit with height as well. He looked good today live....but I could really pick out his work on the replay.

Looks like he could potentially be a useful replacement for White and/or Lima.

Love to see a front rower eager for work and with some height....makes it even harder to bring them down.
Is he related to Kite from Manly at all?

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's massive!! Couldn't get that smile off his face either lol
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Since my father is a Bulldogs supporter, I've been following Sione/John Kite for a while now and when the news came through that the Storm signed him, I thought "Gee his gonna do something under Bellamy".

Unfortunatley for Sione, injury hasn't been kind to him, but seeing his barn-storming runs yesterday was GREAT !!

He can really be an Adam Blair type player, damaging on the flanks with good ball skills, can't wait to see him play more games in the purple.

Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He was Awesome! looked like he was having a great time, and so affective.  Woo Hoo!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why does he have 2 names  :lol:
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote: Why does he have 2 names  :lol:
He changed it from John to Sione when the Storm signed him, probably wanted a new start, or changed it to relate to the band of NZ players at the Storm.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yea.. looks good and big.. sign him to a 3 year deal now while he's still cheap!!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

he definately looks the goods. lets just hope he has a injury free run......  would also like to see vea brougt up to top grade to see how he is going to go in a storm jersey...      :)
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sione is John in Tongan lol, so technically he never really changed it.
Anyway I watched the game again and I loved his run off one of the kickoffs.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

storma01 wrote: he definately looks the goods. lets just hope he has a injury free run......  would also like to see vea brougt up to top grade to see how he is going to go in a storm jersey...      :)
Vea is a prospect, great in his short time with the Sharks, about 102-104kg's of man power, can be used a loose forward, however would wreak havoc in the second row, off the bench.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormtrooper9 wrote:
storma01 wrote: he definately looks the goods. lets just hope he has a injury free run......  would also like to see vea brougt up to top grade to see how he is going to go in a storm jersey...      :)
Vea is a prospect, great in his short time with the Sharks, about 102-104kg's of man power, can be used a loose forward, however would wreak havoc in the second row, off the bench.
i think that there are HUGE wraps on Vea............roll on 2011
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Monsoon
Monsoon

Vea is an absolute animal, been killin it startin in NSW Cup since returning from injury. I think if our pack next year runs on with:

8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Kite
11. Vea
12. Manu
13. Blair

Ohhhhhhhhhh boy...

Like Noa said it'll be nice to see forwards REALLY goin forward, 10m per hit up, not 6 or 7 like we've been doing in recent times.