GAME V RAIDERS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You know guys I am still smarting about the way our guys were treated by the Raiders supporters when we played them a few weeks ago..well now its our turn to get some of our own back on behalf of the boys ( of course)..SO ANY SUGGESTIONS
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote: You know guys I am still smarting about the way our guys were treated by the Raiders supporters when we played them a few weeks ago..well now its our turn to get some of our own back on behalf of the boys ( of course)..SO ANY SUGGESTIONS
Like a scene from the Wizard of Oz.....we can hand out brains, heart and courage to the Raiders players and supporters.....seeing as these attributes seem to be in very short supply in the Nation's Capital.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I Like that  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Be nice to give em abit.. just be mindful of any kids sitting around us..
id hate to hear anything like what happend at parramatta stadium with that
young lad..

We are better then that.
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

I for one will be treating the Raiders supporters with nothing but respect as that is the way they treated me and the group of Storm supporters I was sitting with at the game in Canberra.

I will always be grateful to Don Furner for his kindness (read free entry)and support of our members at a time when I know I was feeling very vunerable and uneasy re the future of our great club.  :'(  I enjoyed the friendly banter of their supporters and their words of support and hopes that Melbourne Storm would come back bigger and stronger. I find most people, NRL supporters included, will treat you as you treat them.

So bring on next Sunday....Welcome Raiders supporters esp those who travel down and
GO STORM[/size][/font][/color][/size]
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Rose Madder wrote: You know guys I am still smarting about the way our guys were treated by the Raiders supporters when we played them a few weeks ago..well now its our turn to get some of our own back on behalf of the boys ( of course)..SO ANY SUGGESTIONS
Like a scene from the Wizard of Oz.....we can hand out brains, heart and courage to the Raiders players and supporters.....seeing as these attributes seem to be in very short supply in the Nation's Capital.
Cant hate them to much,they atleast offered notes unlike scabby parrasites and theyre coins
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can't wait for this Sunday - Storm during the day and at night, SmackDown across the street at Rod Laver.
You had me at meat tornado.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

I'm travelling down for the game (from Brisbane) and would love to go to the afterparty. Can someone please give me the details? (ie. where, when, how to get in etc). I am a member if that makes any difference...
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormin_kes wrote: I for one will be treating the Raiders supporters with nothing but respect as that is the way they treated me and the group of Storm supporters I was sitting with at the game in Canberra.

I will always be grateful to Don Furner for his kindness (read free entry)and support of our members at a time when I know I was feeling very vunerable and uneasy re the future of our great club.  :'(  I enjoyed the friendly banter of their supporters and their words of support and hopes that Melbourne Storm would come back bigger and stronger. I find most people, NRL supporters included, will treat you as you treat them.

So bring on next Sunday....Welcome Raiders supporters esp those who travel down and
+1

We did have one supporter mouthing off behind us, but he was also laying into his own players even more - so we know what that kind of support is like.

I have been to Canberra before and they often have quite a few 'local' Storm supporters - it was all good.

Parra on the other hand - I think they will get a special reception next year.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We didnt cop anything AT ALL from canberra supporters where we were.. i probably gave them more crap bcoz they were losing :)

RE: After Party, maybe contact someone who has a spare pass or wont be using theirs as it's an extra you pay for ON TOP on your usual Storm membership & from what i've noticed, you cant buy guest passes :S
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's doubtful the mindless rabble that gave our players grief would travel to away games & most of the Green Army are quite sociable when they travel to Melbourne.
Beating their team again would seem like a suitable retort  :lol: 
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormfan
Squall
Squall

luvin.the.storm wrote:
RE: After Party, maybe contact someone who has a spare pass or wont be using theirs as it's an extra you pay for ON TOP on your usual Storm membership & from what i've noticed, you cant buy guest passes :S
thanks, will do
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Raiders fans weren't too bad and the Daily Telecrap blew things up to sell newspapers and that encouraged more outrage from all other club supporters.

However,  many Parra fans are a different set of fans that deserve some trash talk (provided of course there are  no kids around).
My 2 friends that flew over for the game copped grief all game day and even outside the ground.  But I bet these fans don't have the hide to show their faces in Melbourne ;D

2 guys in front of me at the game on Sat. night said they  went to both the Parra and Warriors games and he said the Warrior fans were just as bad, some of which spilt over after the game  outside the ground with a young kid being confronted by what looked like an umbrella and security prevented what may have turned into something nasty.
Fans like this give rugby league a bad name, just a minority I am sure, but they deserve a night in jail :P

We are yet to play at Brookie and Leitchardt Oval, where players, especially,  and fans will probably cop it just as much.

I can't wait for this year to be over, but it won't surprise me that the abuse by some stupid supporters won't stop for some years yet.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote:
stormin_kes wrote: I for one will be treating the Raiders supporters with nothing but respect as that is the way they treated me and the group of Storm supporters I was sitting with at the game in Canberra.

+1

We did have one supporter mouthing off behind us, but he was also laying into his own players even more - so we know what that kind of support is like.

I have been to Canberra before and they often have quite a few 'local' Storm supporters - it was all good.

Parra on the other hand - I think they will get a special reception next year.
Best thing we can do for our boys next year if we play Parra at home is get a huge crowd turn up.  If the best they can do is 7000, lets show them Storm is the best team and have the best supporters!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The perfect scenario as you say would be to get them at home,but better still the 1st game of the season...at home..when we score our first 2 points for 2011.....[glow=red,2,300]OH HOW SWEET THAT WOULD BE[/glow]
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]