Gotta love Finchy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As if we didn't know already what a champ this bloke is he comes out and says this. It's a damn shame that we have to lose a bloke like this who obviously loves the club as much as anyone even though he's only been here for such a relatively short time. They're the types you want playing for your club and he'll certainly be missed by the players, coaches and fans alike. You're an absolute star Finchy  =D>

BRETT Finch desperately wanted to be at Melbourne Storm in 2011. The veteran five-eighth, who this week announced he would be joining English club Wigan, held off making his decision as long as possible because he really didn't want to go. He said thoughts of the fightback from this year's disaster were already stirring his emotions.

Finch said the players set to remain at the embattled club were already steeling themselves for a fury-filled assault on next season's premiership and it had the makings of something very special. "What people fail to understand is why this club has been successful is not because of what has happened, not because of paying players too much. It's because of the culture in the joint," Finch said.

"The culture is tremendous here, and it goes right through the place. "Players keep coming through too and they just keep it churning. "Storm has lost plenty of players over the years, plenty, and someone else, someone young, always pops up because the culture of the club breeds them that way. "Whether or not they have the experience there, and they might not, but the attitude will be right and the hard work which the club is built on will be done next year.

"That's the only thing that made me wait and wait before leaving. I would love nothing more than to be here next year. To go around one more time for something". He said the effort of recent weeks, and three tight losses, showed the players were still putting in even though clouds hovered over so many because of the salary cap dramas. But Finch said a new certainty about his future had relieved some of the pressure he had been playing with and he could enjoy his final few days with his Storm teammates. "It doesn't change the next seven weeks, because I knew I had to go anyway," he said.

Last edited by Ice on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Legend
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cant believe i never wanted this guy at our club. Has now become one of my favourite storm players....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You'd think even though he's only been with the Club 2 seasons that he will be welcomed back and hailed as a true Melbourne Storm champ for many many years.

What a bloke....words cannot express how grateful we should be as a Club for the input of this guy and how he has helped make the Club's culture even stronger.

Finchy's attitude will make players want to still come to Storm in the future despite season 2010 !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

He put in at every game. Always tried to spur others on. Great for the young guys coming thru. This is the sort of player I like to support

Finchy - I salute you. You will always go down in my memories as playing a huge part in our turnaround and eventual Grand Final success last year.

:vic: :vic:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billythekid, has your account been hacked? I can't believe what I'm reading from you lol
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol i think billythekids gone crazy

i love finchy
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Great player on the field, great person off the field ....
Attachments
Finch.jpg
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

billythekidslater wrote: He put in at every game. Always tried to spur others on. Great for the young guys coming thru. This is the sort of player I like to support

Finchy - I salute you. You will always go down in my memories as playing a huge part in our turnaround and eventual Grand Final success last year.

:vic: :vic:
Billythekidslater have forgot that Finchy was playing for Storm and Parrasites lost the Final,maybe and its a big maybe if you had not F**ked him off you might of won the Final.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I cant beleive that Storm didnt try to keep him.. i find it puzzling.

Specially seeing GI might leave..  Finch surely could have been given a 1 year deal.
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Spirit wrote: You'd think even though he's only been with the Club 2 seasons that he will be welcomed back and hailed as a true Melbourne Storm champ for many many years.

What a bloke....words cannot express how grateful we should be as a Club for the input of this guy and how he has helped make the Club's culture even stronger.

Finchy's attitude will make players want to still come to Storm in the future despite season 2010 !
So agree  =D> =D>
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: Cant believe i never wanted this guy at our club. Has now become one of my favourite storm players....
I agree, when he played for the Roosters and Eels, I couldn't stand him or his game, I've done a complete 360 and now love Finchy. Very sad to see him go.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didnt he make some schoolboy errors tonight, but he had the last touch in our 2 comeback tries so i forgive him. ;D
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Finchy is a lima lima lima duck legend.
2012 premiers. Legit.