2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know this is off topic but it seems Elijah Niko Reneged on North Queensland Cowboys and signed with ARU. Anyone hear about this?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeh he is going to the ARU collage he announced it on his facebook about two months ago now...he didnt even go up to Tville

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think many need to re-watch games from the 2nd half of 2009.

Will Chamber's defensive and try scoring efforts were quite exceptional imo.

16 Tries 2007 - 2009 (he missed a lot of 2008 with his knee) says that he is a first choice centre in 2012.

I was devastated when he left at the end of 2009...thought he would have consolidated even more in 2010.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

apparently storm are after darcy lussick from manly. Can't post link but its On zerotackle... Could be interesting ??

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

don't find that site very reliable to be honest
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Lussick thing could be interesting if it were true but I have to be honest and say that I would agree with Mattpoet re Zerotackle. I only saw Lussick a couple of times last year but he had a fair amount of impact running at the line. Having said that I`m pretty sure he was one of the ones laying in to Blair on the ground with the Stewarts during our trip to Brookvale last year so he`d need to get that sort of crap out of his system before he showed up in our colours
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Anyone who watched the WCC this morning will know we don't need a penalty thug like Lussick :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Totally agree with the last 2 posts. As Rat said he's a penalty thug and i'm still hating him after the battle of Brookevale but on the other side as Woody pointed out he's had a fair impact in so far in his short career and if he can earn to channel that aggression i think he'll develop into a very good player. IF the rumor is true and he did end up here i'm always prepared to welcome any bloke who pulls on the Storm colors, anything that happened in the past is instantly erased for me.

I'm sure everyone can still clearly remember the crap Finchy copped of some when we signed him which i'm glad i wasn't one, but he turned out to be one of our most popular players and greatest club men in the all too short time he was with us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that would be funny lussick and hinchy on the same team

storm boy !
Squall
Squall

A couple teams are after dave taylor and jarred hargreaves, either of them would be great under bellamy.. But we've got enough forwards anyway I guess.

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we dont have space in the cap for big name forwards! we need to continue to develop young and 'discarded' players.

to me its the best club to go to as a prop, they cant get a spot at other clubs who wont make the finals, and at the storm they have a very good chance of playing in a premiership

should we start a '2012 official thread + signing news' thread
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

should we start a '2012 official thread + signing news' thread[/quote]

Storming thats a good suggestion I keep forgetting to look at this thread because of the date
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

only thing is most of the signing news will now be 2013 and beyond
staticash
Squall
Squall

If only we had the money jarred Hargreaves would Awsome in stormy colours! I hate the roosters with a passion but always had a soft spot for him. We would have more then enough mongrel with him in the side. 1 can only dream!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

just wondering does anyone know who's off contract this year? thanks.